Page 69 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Exactly. And he came in to take over the work that was initiated by the GOP. Steele took what the GOP has started and ran with it.
    No, he didn't took what GOP has started. There are absolutely no information about that in any of descriptions of his work that he "took what GOP has started". He was given direction (check Trump business ties in Russia), and he went to his own contacts and informants - not GOP ones, not Fusion GPS ones, his own.

And i don't really see why would you want it to be "continuation of GOP effort" so badly :/

Again, Steele only joined in June. If your fact check says "April" then there are more reasons to say that he continued Hillary Clinton Campaign/DNC initiated research, not GOP; but we have no indication that he used that research either.

You just can't get past the idea that a person hired can take over another person's research and call the whole thing his own. This is precisely what Steele did. As backed up by evidence.
    It is precisely what he didn't do. He didn't take another person's research and call the whole thing his own - he performed his own research, and that's why he could call it his own.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2018-02-09 at 12:02 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    No, he didn't took what GOP has started. There are absolutely no information about that in any of descriptions of his work that he "took what GOP has started". He was given direction (check Trump business ties in Russia), and he went to his own contacts and informants - not GOP ones, not Fusion GPS ones, his own.

And i don't really see why would want it to be "continuation of GOP effort" so badly :/
    He indeed took what the GOP started and ran with it. In what world do you think a company would throw away research? How would they not hand over the oppo info already researched to the new team taking over the same task? These are all questions that you've been asked several times and have failed to answer.

I'm not sure why you want to deny reality so badly. The facts and logic are there - you're about the only one who can't see it. Good that your got your Putin post count quota done for today though. Keep those Rubles flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Stop.
    First of all, the dossier wasn't titled "The Steele Dossier: A Dossier By Michael Steele" like a high school research paper. The media called it the steele dossier.
    Secondly, please illustrate for us the bibliography in the dossier that you've read that shows where all the information came from.
    I already linked article about it upthread.

Last, but not least, explain in a sufficient and logical manner why Fusion would throw out all the results they've previously found on Trump because they hired a new guy. Because truth be told, that is like saying a company throws away all their R&D just because they hired a new engineer. It is incredibly ridiculous to make the stance you're making especially with the voracity you're making it.
    He wasn't working in Fusion GPS offices - he was contractor from another country, employed for specific purpose.

Please tell me why opposition research outlet would share everything they had with outside contractor that is only supposed to investigate one of the threads?

From another angle, where are exactly results of that sharing in his reports?
    If there are none (and as far as i see, there are none), it is immaterial wherever he was or wasn't "continuing" any research - everything we see in his reports is his own research, not GOPs (or Clinton/DNC, for that matter).
    At least taken at face value.

And what is 100% certain is that he was never paid by GOP to do his research; only by Clinton/DNC through Fusion GPS.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2018-02-09 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe the Strong View Post
    How does Nunes have a job, again?
    His district is pretty red and Ryan has no spine.

He indeed took what the GOP started and ran with it. In what world do you think a company would throw away research? How would they not hand over the oppo info already researched to the new team taking over the same task? These are all questions that you've been asked several times and have failed to answer.
    It wasn't same task; he was contractor for specifically Russian part, not part of the Fusion GPS team compiling all research to date together.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-i...s-adam-schiff/

Yes, an actual physical wall.

Devin Nunes might be a larger moron than Trump.
    What the fuck is going on in our government when we're getting shit out of an early 90's sitcom? "We need to separate the house in half 'cause we hate each other. This is my half and that's yours. Uh....where's the remote? Fuck! It's on their side."

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Ever heard of the DNC funded Steele Dossier? There's your start and keep digging further.
    What in there is a lie? So far nothing has been found to be a lie, but there are big parts of it that have been confirmed.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, Republicans never paid Steele or for his dossier. That was the only claim i was making. And article confirms it. Steele was only contacted after Democrats picked the bill.

And as such, Steele and his Dossier was never paid for by Republicans - only by Democrats.

And, as another point against you, article in fact doesn't say anywhere that Republican investigation got any leads into Russia (storm of media articles is what given Fusion GPS guys impression of that as good direction; if he already got solid leads he wouldn't need them)
    Of course they didn't pay Steele, THEY PAID HIS FUCKING EMPLOYER, Fusion GPS. Fusion GPS compiled the dossier as Steele was sending them intelligence. And you are still lying. Nothing new though, you are defending your dear leader by trying to deny the intelligence against his pick and his employer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe the Strong View Post
    How does Nunes have a job, again?
    Paul Ryan doesn't have a backbone, and he is beholden to his donors and not his constituents. We know this because of the $500k bribe he got from the Koch Brothers after the tax bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    What the fuck is going on in our government when we're getting shit out of an early 90's sitcom? "We need to separate the house in half 'cause we hate each other. This is my half and that's yours. Uh....where's the remote? Fuck! It's on their side."
    It seems that Trumps childish behavior is rubbing off on the rest of the Republican party in DC.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't same task; he was contractor for specifically Russian part, not part of the Fusion GPS team compiling all research to date together.
    It wasn't opposition research on Trump? I guess you know even less than we gave you credit for. Was there someone else working on opposition research for Trump that was contracted by Fusion GPS for what you're claiming happened.

It wasn't opposition research on Trump?
    It was research separate from Steele Dossier. That, initial one, was paid with GOP money/directions. Steele was paid with DNC/Clinton money.

I guess you know even less than we gave you credit for. Was there someone else working on opposition research for Trump that was contracted by Fusion GPS for what you're claiming happened.
    For one, there was Glenn Simpson - you know, the guy in Fusion GPS who had personal connection and contracted Steele? The one who decided paying him will be worth it? Who did that research for GOP on Trump and other primary candidates, as well as was one of Fusion GPS founders?

He didn't disappear anywhere after Steele was contracted.

It was research separate from Steele Dossier. That, initial one, was paid with GOP money/directions. Steele was paid with DNC/Clinton money.

For one, there was Glenn Simpson - you know, the guy in Fusion GPS who had personal connection and contracted Steele? The one who decided paying him will be worth it? Who did that research for GOP on Trump and other primary candidates, as well as was one of Fusion GPS founders?

He didn't disappear anywhere after Steele was contracted.
    What are you talking about? Steele literally continued the work that Fusion GPS had begun.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    What are you talking about? Steele literally continued the work that Fusion GPS had begun.
    Fusion GPS continued work they started with GOP funding in 2015 (and which was dropped once Trump secured his nomination) after they secured Clinton/DNC funding in April.

Steele was contracted in June to study Trump Russian connections, was given most basic direction, and only reported on what he got from his own sources.

Fusion GPS continued their work under new funding; Steele was sub-contractor for Russian ties, he didn't continue anything as he only started in June.

Fusion GPS continued work they started with GOP funding in 2015 (and which was dropped once Trump secured his nomination) after they secured Clinton/DNC funding in April.

Steele was contracted in June to study Trump Russian connections, was given most basic direction, and only reported on what he got from his own sources.

Fusion GPS continued their work under new funding; Steele was sub-contractor for Russian ties, he didn't continue anything as he only started in June.
    Stop fucking obfuscating things.

Fusion was hired to broadly conduct opposition research on Trump and part of that was looking at his business dealings abroad and his foreign associates.

Glenn Simpson literally mentions this in the transcript released from his testimony to the HIC.

Fusion was hired to broadly conduct opposition research on Trump and part of that was looking at his business dealings abroad and his foreign associates.

Glenn Simpson literally mentions this in the transcript released from his testimony to the HIC.
    Shalcker has to defend his employer. That is his job.

Yes, and Steele dossier only deals with Russian part gathered by Steele; not with entire Fusion GPS research.

And it contains some parts he added after he no longer worked with Fusion GPS if i remember correctly.

Yes, and Steele dossier only deals with Russian part gathered by Steele; not with entire Fusion GPS research.
    I didn’t imply it did. I was referring to the research on Russian connections, which Fusion started and then passed onto Steele. I mean, you’re literally trying to deflect the undeflectable. Literally the entirety of the issue is Russia and Trump, not the other inane things.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Shalcker has to defend his employer. That is his job.
    I really don't see what you gain by deflecting from the fact that Steele Dossier is Clinton/DNC funded.

Fusion GPS overall research isn't - it could and probably did contain parts they discovered while working for GOP; Steele Dossier is.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn’t imply it did. I was referring to the research on Russian connections, which Fusion started and then passed onto Steele. I mean, you’re literally trying to deflect the undeflectable. Literally the entirety of the issue is Russia and Trump, not the other inane things.
    Please point out where did Fusion GPS passed their research onto Steele.

I'll be waiting.

I really don't see what you gain by deflecting from the fact that Steele Dossier is Clinton/DNC funded.

Fusion GPS overall research isn't - it could and probably did contain parts they discovered while working for GOP; Steele Dossier is.

- - - Updated - - -

Please point out where did Fusion GPS passed their research onto Steele.

I'll be waiting.
    https://www.scribd.com/document/3694...se-Intel-Trans

Page 23-25: Relevant parts where they increasingly began streamlining their research into Trump’s business dealings in the former Soviet Union. Later he mentions that their initial investigation into Russian connections began before Steele was hired.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3694...se-Intel-Trans

Page 23-25: Relevant parts where they increasingly began streamlining their research into Trump’s business dealings in the former Soviet Union. Later he mentions that their initial investigation into Russian connections began before Steele was hired.
    None of things mentioned on those pages are part of Steele Dossier.

His testimony on hiring on page 25 also contradicts your version:
    ...so I had the perfect person to go see if they could figure out what was going on there. And so that's how I decided to ask Chris if he could look into it for me. And I had - the initial engagement with Chris was much like we do. I didn t hire him for a Jong-term engagement. I said, take 30 days, 20 or 30 days,· and we ll pay you a set amount of money, and see if you can figure out what Trump s been up to over there, because he s gone over a bunch of times, he said some weird things about Putin, but doesn t seem to have gotten any business deals.

So that was the initial assignment. It was pretty open-ended. I didn't say, find me this or get me that. I just said, see if you can figure out what's going on over there.

And he was paid directly from Perkins Cole too:
    MR. GOWDY: Now, help me understand this. Would that payment for Steele have been expensed to the law firm, or would Fusion have paid that out of its own money that it received from the law firm?
    MR. SIMPSON: I believe, at least if things were running the way I hope they ran, it was expensed to the law finn.
    MR. GOWDY: So Perkins Cole paid Chris Steele?
    MR. SIMPSON: I think it was --I mean, I think we billed them for it.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2018-02-09 at 10:01 AM.

None of things mentioned on those pages are part of Steele Dossier.

His testimony on hiring on page 25 also contradicts your version:
    ...so I had the perfect person to go see if they could figure out what was going on there. And so that's how I decided to ask Chris if he could look into it for me. And
    I had - the initial engagement with Chris was much like we do. I didn t hire him for a Jong-term engagement. I said, take 30 days, 20 or 30 days,· and we ll pay you
    a set amount of money, and see if you can figure out what Trump s been up to over there, because he s gone over a bunch of times, he said some weird things about Putin, but doesn t seem to have gotten any business deals.

So that was the initial assignment. It was pretty open-ended. I didn't say, find me this or get me that. I just said, see if you can figure out what's going on over there.
    You said point out where they passed research onto Steele. I showed you where. I never made the claim it was part of Steele’s later work.