Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    She would be stupid to just blindly trust the Nightborne, the same exact people who caused the demon invasion by their magic use. She used the same caution before letting the Highborne join, the only difference is that they showed a bit of humility and promised restraint in magic use, while Thalyssra stormed off, and was easily swayed by the first asskisser that she came across, namely Lidrian.
    Right, because in real life it's a good idea to treat a recovering drug addict with disrespect.

Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Thalyssra going to die in BFA - look Zandalari prophecies.
    I genuinely feel that they should have Tyrande brutally execute Thalyssra.

Night Elves used to be quite savage but these days are a total joke. I doubt even Malfurion is going to stop being neutral even with his city burnt to the ground.

Tyrande taking out Thalyssra would make sense from a grudge perspective, and would entirely cement the Nightborne with the Horde. I don't think we'll miss a lot without her, Horde already has a lot of characters we need to see far more development of instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Right, because in real life it's a good idea to treat a recovering drug addict with disrespect.
    Right.
    The comparison's not really the same. It's more like a doctor, that was helping the drug addict through their recovery, pointing out to them how it was their own responsibility and should take ownership of that. If the recovering drug addict then helped burn down the doctors house and kill their family, people wouldn't be saying it was justified because of the disrespect he'd shown the drug addict.

I mean, you could argue that the doctor should have been more restrained because he should have known the addict could be completely volatile and unstable and prone to unpredictable anger and violence, but I'm not sure that helps your point.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2018-02-09 at 01:08 AM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    The comparison's not really the same. It's more like a doctor, that was helping the drug addict through their recovery, pointing out to them how it was their own responsibility and should take ownership of that. If the recovering drug addict then helped burn down the doctors house and kill their family, people wouldn't be saying it was justified because of the disrespect he'd shown the drug addict.
    Huh? Since when is Tyrande some kind of Arcane expert? Your analogy is awful, but I should have expected that coming from this:

This whole scenario is exactly why it's time to put the faction war in the past. Screw all the calls of Alliance or Horde bias, this just makes everyone look stupid and incompetent. It's way past the point of cringe. If Blizzard wants to salvage storytelling in WoW, BfA has to put an end to Horde vs Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    One last act of honor to the Horde before he abandons it for the Alliance and brings the Mag'har into it to bring down Sylvanas. Kappa.
    Saurfang will actually pull the whole AU Orcish race from AU Draenor to replace humans and kick Anduin out of his seat to become the new High King. Orcish Alliance vs The Elforde coming soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    This whole scenario is exactly why it's time to put the faction war in the past. Screw all the calls of Alliance or Horde bias, this just makes everyone look stupid and incompetent. It's way past the point of cringe. If Blizzard wants to salvage storytelling in WoW, BfA has to put an end to Horde vs Alliance.
    Well, when we fight "the common enemy" is that enemy that looks absolutely stupid and incompetent. The only good thing about it is that the embarassed faction is not the one where players have their characters stored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Well, when we fight "the common enemy" is that enemy that looks absolutely stupid and incompetent. The only good thing about it is that the embarassed faction is not the one where players have their characters stored.
    Even Arthas, with his "Well, I'm gonna let you go this time, but next time we meet you're dead" moments did not look as incompetent as the Alliance and Horde look.

It's funny, Battle for Azeroth seems to hinge on faction pride but never before have the factions looked this goddamn stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    If Blizzard was smart they would of realized how stupid of an idea it was after MoP. Unfortunately we're going back to the well of horde aggressors vs alliance reactors where neither side can/will ultimately win.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone on the Story Forum said that he'd almost wish that THIS was the scenario Saurfang got captured. Let this be his heroic last stand. It could also prompt for Thrall to come and be a badass to get Saurfang out.That way the Alliance can feel like they were able to get something out of it and I don't have to watch Saurfang choose Anduin over Orgrimmar.

For me in particular, the Jaina bit is w/e, it was just a bit of Jaina fanservice, Blizzard isn't stranger to it from time to time. But I don't like the Saurfang thing honestly.

7+ Year Old Account

Night Elves used to be quite savage but these days are a total joke. I doubt even Malfurion is going to stop being neutral even with his city burnt to the ground.

Tyrande taking out Thalyssra would make sense from a grudge perspective, and would entirely cement the Nightborne with the Horde. I don't think we'll miss a lot without her, Horde already has a lot of characters we need to see far more development of instead.
    Completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    It would be a good way to push the Nightborne even further to the Horde.
    also nothings confirmed, there are plenty of "new friends" from legion
    How many new elves friends have Horde? Since prophecy says about wine (Suramar) and severed elf head.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash123 View Post
    Just watch the video on youtube, one thing I could not understand is Jaina's power level.

First we see that, Thalyssra, more than 10,000 years old, and the second best mage of nightbore, clearly fears Jaina's power.
    Night Elves say hello.
    Seems like 10,000years old equals being the punching bag :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    Night Elves say hello.
    Seems like 10,000years old equals being the punching bag :P
    Its not about being punching bag or not. You just can't get stronger than human. Ever.

The Alliance scenario apparently does not involve any allied races, and is just you busting out of prison. Laaaaaaaame

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Someone on the Story Forum said that he'd almost wish that THIS was the scenario Saurfang got captured. Let this be his heroic last stand. It could also prompt for Thrall to come and be a badass to get Saurfang out.That way the Alliance can feel like they were able to get something out of it and I don't have to watch Saurfang choose Anduin over Orgrimmar.

For me in particular, the Jaina bit is w/e, it was just a bit of Jaina fanservice, Blizzard isn't stranger to it from time to time. But I don't like the Saurfang thing honestly.
    Random idea: what if Saurfang's wish to speak to Anduin is somehow related to the infamous "three lies" he's meant to offer us? (because yes, "the boy king" is obviously Anduin, too many characters have started to call him that way).
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    She is incredibly powerfull.

She is not the best mage of Azeroth but that doesn't mean she isn't strong.
    And yet she did absolutely nothing to Thalen with "all her might".

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    She was the disciple of Antonidas and she has a staff powered with the Thunder king's power.
    She has staff powered by rumors. She had Lei'shen's throne room drained into her staff thinking it's the source of his power. Whereas it was actually Lei'shen that was powering up the palace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Can't believe that whoever Alliance character this is actually falls for this. Dear god, this is hilarious.
    And now we know that SW is burning to the ground, because a troll dropped one torch.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Re: Jaina empowerment, didn't the Thunder King get funneled into her staff? Would explain the big rift there.
    No, Jaina drained his throne room thinking it's the source of his power, based on incorrect rumors. She played herself, while Blood Elves actually got something valuable out of Isle of Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    -both- sides had that Victory. The Horde also got the most well developed new race ever added by Blizz. And then the Alliance is shacked up with the Void Elves.
    The very concept of subjectivity being lost on Mayto and other Alliance geniuses believing in the conspiracy nonsense of HORDE BIAS who get peed on by Blizzard (their words, not mine): episode 1984723962397

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Well, Saurfang says clear and straight to Rokhan he was buying all the time he could to let the troll's party complete its mission. Then he walks forward and says he wanted to see Anduin.

I don't doubt he may have ulterior motives but it really looks like his most immediate concern was helping the rescue team's escape.
    Also, this video of his capture ends with his telling Anduin "IF you return..." Sounds like he's fine with the prospect of Anduin dying while the Horde continues to fight. Maybe he seeks a honorable death Anduin denied him and wants to challenge Anduin to a duel or something.

Its too much to ask the Nightborne to get off their collective asses and help save their own city.
    Meanwhile in the real world: Nightborne were doing just that even before Tyrande got to Suramar.

Tyrande is the one that recruited the Worgen, Draenai, and Highborne into the Alliance, yet somehow she's the xenophobic one.
    Given how her first (or sometimes twentieth) reaction to any new race is prejudice, yes.

She would be stupid to just blindly trust the Nightborne, the same exact people who caused the demon invasion by their magic use. She used the same caution before letting the Highborne join, the only difference is that they showed a bit of humility and promised restraint in magic use, while Thalyssra stormed off, and was easily swayed by the first asskisser that she came across, namely Lidrian.
    Nightborne weren't all Highborne. They were people of Suramar, of varying social standing. They are the same people who caused the War of the Ancients as much as Tyrande did. And not only did Thalyssra not storm off after that exchange, Liadrin wasn't kissing her ass. She only talked about the similarities and shared experiences of the two races.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    No, Jaina drained his throne room thinking it's the source of his power, based on incorrect rumors. She played herself, while Blood Elves actually got something valuable out of Isle of Thunder.

The very concept of subjectivity being lost on Mayto and other Alliance geniuses believing in the conspiracy nonsense of HORDE BIAS who get peed on by Blizzard (their words, not mine): episode 1984723962397

Also, this video of his capture ends with his telling Anduin "IF you return..." Sounds like he's fine with the prospect of Anduin dying while the Horde continues to fight. Maybe he seeks a honorable death Anduin denied him and wants to challenge Anduin to a duel or something.
    "Once he is dead, a ghostly placeholder of the staff will appear at the center of the Pinnacle of Storms. When clicked on, the staff rises up about hallway to the ceiling, absorbs all the lighting from it, and returns to you. Return to Jaina.

On complete:

Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: You did it! Incredible! Pandaren Lorewalkers will be telling your story for generations!
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I can feel it ... the Thunder King's power courses through my staff.
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Best of all, you've forever disabled his infernal machine, leaving nothing for the Horde to claim as their own.
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: When the time is right, I'll use this staff to bring the walls of Orgrimmar crashing down around Garrosh Hellscream's head.
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Thank you, friend. The Alliance is lucky to have you.
    Jaina bows.
    As a bonus when ever you are near Jaina, she will buff you with Thunder's Boon, which increases damage done by 15% for 30 mins."

She might not have got the full extent of Lei Shen's power no, but it's still a noticeable buff to her own. Saying she got nothing valuable from the Isle is blatantly false.
    I think she's clever enough to discern a single bolt of remnant lightning compared to something that makes her "feel it".

Except their doctor was Farodin. Tyrande is a random asshole that used to live in the neighborhood and is pissed the neighborhood was walled off to keep demons away. By the time Tyrande strolled by the Nightborne already had a cure so Tyrande was utterly meaningless in context of their addiction. Also, Alliance starts the war, after Nightborne already join the Horde. So Nightborne being engaged in the war is the addict that helps his new friends defend themselves from the aggression by random asshole and her squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    If Blizzard was smart they would of realized how stupid of an idea it was after MoP. Unfortunately we're going back to the well of horde aggressors vs alliance reactors where neither side can/will ultimately win.
    Why can't this lie just drop dead? Alliance attacks the Horde in Silithus first. Muh innocent Alliance reactors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoloid View Post
    "Once he is dead, a ghostly placeholder of the staff will appear at the center of the Pinnacle of Storms. When clicked on, the staff rises up about hallway to the ceiling, absorbs all the lighting from it, and returns to you. Return to Jaina.

On complete:

Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: You did it! Incredible! Pandaren Lorewalkers will be telling your story for generations!
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I can feel it ... the Thunder King's power courses through my staff.
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Best of all, you've forever disabled his infernal machine, leaving nothing for the Horde to claim as their own.
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: When the time is right, I'll use this staff to bring the walls of Orgrimmar crashing down around Garrosh Hellscream's head.
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Thank you, friend. The Alliance is lucky to have you.
    Jaina bows.
    As a bonus when ever you are near Jaina, she will buff you with Thunder's Boon, which increases damage done by 15% for 30 mins."

She might not have got the full extent of Lei Shen's power no, but it's still a noticeable buff to her own. Saying she got nothing valuable from the Isle is blatantly false.
    I think she's clever enough to discern a single bolt of remnant lightning compared to something that makes her "feel it".
    Placebo effect is a thing. And again, she did literally nothing with "all her might" to a random Blood Elf. She may be talented at teleportation (though somehow it failed at Broken Shore), but her skills in other areas don't seem particularly impressive. If all her might is worthless, then her thinking she feels something is even more so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    You forgot Siege of Orgrimmar?
    Where does the city burn in this one? Plus, is was all primarily in the benefit of the Horde, was the Alliance was wasting their troups to liberate the Hords Capital from a tyrant who was in this moment primarily only harming the Horde.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Completely agree.

How many new elves friends have Horde? Since prophecy says about wine (Suramar) and severed elf head.
    Three off the top of my head. There's also Venthir, who passed out wine to everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol