Quote Originally Posted by Karagar View Post
    Err..the fact that she's been using magic for TEN THOUSAND YEARS?
    10'000 years of pretty much nothing but peace. If anything, those 10'000 years worked against her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    This powerful mage couldn't even hurt Thalen Songweaver. Her power fluctuates for the sake of story, as do many lore characters.
    I can't disagree with that, Blizzard hasn't been too concerned with consistently establishing levels of power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    We don't know which has more power with any certainty, but skill is most definitely Jaina, since Thalyssra hasn't had any real combat experience in at least 10,000 years. And power without skill is worthless.
    10,000 years vs. 40-50 years of magic use, you tell me. One's enhanced by the arcane, the other is not. There's a clear difference in power and skill level, bad writing has just made Jaina this ridiculously over powered character, not to mention the occasional plot armour she's given. Her power fluctuates so often it's silly and now she's suddenly powerful again, lolwat.

I just hope that saurfang aint makin a deal with Boy king to bring Draenor orcs to alliance(/s) because that would be hilarious and painful at the same time.

And about someone saying that they will only add brown orcs to customization - Nope. They just say stupid things. Orc allied race is already confirmed at this point, even bigger services like for example polygon have article about them, Ion didnt mentioned them 2 times already without a reason.

Also i hope they they dont wait with upright orc posture just so they can release two things at the same time - Draenor orcs and upright posture for every orc. Maybe they're still adding some more animations and polishing existing ones or just making every armor in the game to work with the new posture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    10,000 years vs. 40-50 years of magic use, you tell me. One's enhanced by the arcane, the other is not. There's a clear difference in power and skill level, bad writing has just made Jaina this ridiculously over powered character, not to mention the occasional plot armour she's given. Her power fluctuates so often it's silly and now she's suddenly powerful again, lolwat.
    Everyone gets *Plot armor* so it's not an argument. Also Jaina has a lot of War experience to deal with. The First Arcanist may know her Magic, doesn't mean she tops over everything with ease. That's just silly.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10,000 years vs. 40-50 years of magic use, you tell me. One's enhanced by the arcane, the other is not. There's a clear difference in power and skill level, bad writing has just made Jaina this ridiculously over powered character, not to mention the occasional plot armour she's given. Her power fluctuates it's silly.
    10,000 years of sipping arcwine, conjuring shields every now and then compared to 10-15 years of almost non-stop usage in offensive magics? It's even stated in Chronicles that Humans caught on to learning and mastering the arcane so fast it startled the High Elves. It's like comparing a librarian to a soldier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Everyone gets *Plot armor* so it's not an argument. Also Jaina has a lot of War experience to deal with. The First Arcanist may know her Magic, doesn't mean she tops over everything with ease. That's just silly.
    One's enhanced and 10,000 years of magic experience, sorry mate. Them's the rules. A 40+ something year old mage who happens to be versed in magic does not make her stronger than an arcane enhanced individual who's apart of a POWERFUL race of elves in due part to the Nightwell exposure. Your "Location:" fanboyism is showing btw, might wanna cover up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoloid View Post
    10,000 years of sipping arcwine, conjuring shields every now and then compared to 10-15 years of almost non-stop usage in offensive magics? It's even stated in Chronicles that Humans caught on to learning and mastering the arcane so fast it startled the High Elves. It's like comparing a librarian to a soldier.
    Yet these aren't high elves, these are a powerful group of elves arcane enhanced by the Nightwell for well over 10,000 years. That's a clear power enhancement that the humans do not have, mate.

I think I'm beginning to see why MMO's are a very poor medium for story telling. This was so incredibly bad in terms of lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Some pretty interesting infos about the Survival Hunter changes

The way it looks like, the SH will get some ranged skills as well, using a crossbow model sometimes. What if the survival hunter could equip not only a 2handed weapon but a crossbow as well, at the same time? It would replace the bland crossbow model when using the ranged skills.
    In what slot woud they put that extra twohander?
    Last edited by Lahis; 2018-02-09 at 02:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    One's enhanced and 10,000 years of magic experience, sorry mate. Them's the rules. A 40+ something year old mage who happens to be versed in magic does not make her stronger than an arcane enhanced individual who's apart of a POWERFUL race of elves in due part to the Nightwell exposure. Your "Location:" fanboyism is showing btw, might wanna cover up.
    I really disagree with the notion that a character can be superior to the point of being unmatched solely on the virtue of their race or age, especially if the progression of player power is anything to go by.

10+ Year Old Account
    And she lost connection to the Nightwell due to being kicked out and got some Nightwell juice only recently. But hey go ahead and use things that aren't arguments.

I really disagree with the notion that a character can be superior to the point of being unmatched solely on the virtue of their race, age, or otherwise, especially if the progression of player power is anything to go by.
    Player power or not, it's not a like a math problem that suddenly equals instant easy win. This discussion is getting pointless though.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2018-02-09 at 02:22 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Thalyssra couldn't teleport six people five feet forward past the ice wall. The only thing she can do is put up the barrier and hope her enemies are stupid enough to keep running into it. She's either incredibly out of practice or just not very powerful to begin with.

Also, Khadgar is a human mage that's been shown to have great power and he's only in his 50s-60s but I don't see as many people bitching about him as I do Jaina. I wonder why...

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoloid View Post
    Humans are descendants of Titanforged, and arcane in origin. No wonder they have more natural talent for it than some trolls muatted by Azeroth's blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Upright orcs are not happening until the Draenor orcs are released, so early to mid Bfa

So survival hunter will still be limited to using only 2h weapons seeing that some skills require 2handers? Someone knows something about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    Thalyssra couldn't teleport six people five feet forward past the ice wall. The only thing she can do is put up the barrier and hope her enemies are stupid enough to keep running into it. She's either incredibly out of practice or just not very powerful to begin with.

Also, Khadgar is a human mage that's been shown to have great power and he's only in his 50s-60s but I don't see as many people bitching about him as I do Jaina. I wonder why...
    Khadgar is 47 (born 14 BDP, as of BfA it is 33 ADP).

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Look at Saurfang...But yeah...
    I'm wondering if it be added in the prepatch or a later patch for upright Orcs...
    Been wanting to level my Orc Male Warrior again.
    Not available yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    In what slot woud they put that extra twohander?
    well Fury Warriors have found a way to equip two 2handers

One's enhanced and 10,000 years of magic experience, sorry mate.
    Was enhanced. She no longer has access to the source of those enhancements. And she still has maybe a few months at most of experience that's actually relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Dunno what Legion you have been playing, I have been able to skip intro scenarios on every alt.
    NOOOOOO... I did those two scenarios (opening and 7.2) 12 freaking times each. Excuse me while I go bash my head into something until I forget I saw this post.
    Last edited by Camthur; 2018-02-09 at 02:32 AM.