Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by acer1234 View Post
    Very upset right now... so let me vent.

BC: click and play blood elves and draenei.
    Cata: worgens and goblins? Yep login and create a new one.
    Panda land: free pandas for everyone.

Now come on here. I just spend $50 for the new expansion and $15 for 1 month. And your telling me I can't play the new races? I'm a returning player that obviously doesn't have the achievement or rep. I felt like I was scammed out of $65. I came back just to play and lvl a new race...

Edit.

Ok I get it. I dun-goffed. I will be honest, I didn't read the small text. I was more excited about about playing again I quickly clicked through the purchase process. I can't be the only one. Maybe saying scammed wasn't the right way to word it. But I didn't know how else to. And for the ones saying we have know for months. Well I didn't? I havnt been on any fan site or watched any videos in months. I knew nothing. Sorry gezz.
    It helps the player understand why they are being added into the horde/alliance, instead of them just popping up. It's all cosmetic, gotta work for it.

Now come on here. I just spend $50 for the new expansion and $15 for 1 month. And your telling me I can't play the new races? I'm a returning player that obviously doesn't have the achievement or rep. I felt like I was scammed out of $65. I came back just to play and lvl a new race...

Edit.

Ok I get it. I dun-goffed. I will be honest, I didn't read the small text. I was more excited about about playing again I quickly clicked through the purchase process. I can't be the only one. Maybe saying scammed wasn't the right way to word it. But I didn't know how else to. And for the ones saying we have know for months. Well I didn't? I havnt been on any fan site or watched any videos in months. I knew nothing. Sorry gezz.
    Honestly I wouldn't be hard on yourself, I've been trying to make this argument for weeks now. I'm a very active player so I've known the achievements needed and had them done well before I knew allied races were even a thing.

My point is that Blizzard isn't doing a sufficient job at making this clear. For a player like yourself who is going by precedent, you can totally expect to just have access right out of the gate. They hid things in the fine print - that's just poor marketing practices.

I wouldn't blame you if you tried to get a refund. Unfortunately there are a ton of people on these forums that will just say "you're an idiot for not reading the description" where a) who actually reads the fine print for everything, and b) there's a pretty reasonable expectation from past expansions and Blizzard's own marketing language you are paying for access to these allied races.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not really a scam. Blizzard has been up front and open about the requirements as far back as mentioning that you'll need certain story progress at Blizzcon, and later when they hammered out the exact details.

Furthermore, it seems up in air that they may reassess the requirements once BFA actually launches proper and that this is meant to give players something to do in the pre-expansion slump between 7.3.5 storylines/events (grind out some stuff at endgame and check out the new level scaling in pre-Legion content with your new allied races). They confirmed in one of the Q&As that they'll take another look at things after the expansion launches, but haven't necessarily guaranteed loosening or removing the restrictions, just that they make sense for now and will be looked at again later.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Ro9ue. Thank you

I'm so fucking tired of these posts already, I don't even agree with the unlock method and I hate you people.

Typical Warcraft player...

7+ Year Old Account
    There was a problem with this new expansion as they didn't clarify the rep requirement for old or returning customer, which they held onto it until last minute before setting it in stone (Then open pre-purchase page).

If they could've clarified this sooner, a lot of people could sub earlier or just finish the requirement while waiting on pre-orders. Either way, you have to farm rep.

But going for exalted is bit much for someone especially for a new player (NOT OLD OR CURRENT PLAYERS) just ordering new expansion to enjoy playing new MMO. The best solution would be either lower rep requirement to revered or add some catch up mechanic so people can farm rep faster.

At the end, I believe it was blizz fault.

No because that would require the preorder to be a scam in the first place, which it isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    LOL "scam". People are so low quality nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Argussian Reach does to unlock all their world quests.

Army of the Light for one zone is account wide now. So you can finish about 1-2 bits of the story and still farm it at a decent rate.
    I meant argussian reach aka mcgree which does NOT and is the only place i have seen argus rep tpkens appear..and only once

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    LOL "scam". People are so low quality nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Timegates/Timesinks have been in MMOs for quite a long time. This is nothing new.
    True agreed but this one adds rng

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol? No one scammed you. It being a rep grind has been *very* obvious.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted
    Brother, I would not call it downright 'scam' but I do strongly believe that there should be a specific pop out window when you purchase Battle for Azeroth. One that would tell you about reputation requirements. I'm sure that not only you made a mistake because of excitement. It is natural and fair for a hobbyist to get lost in joy. Not to mention they speak merely about 'quest' on the purchase page. Nothing is bolded.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    To be fair rep is a bit worse this time around. Can't say I agree with them sticking mounts in RNG boxes. There was nothing wrong with them being an Exalted reward.

Argussian Reach I'd say is the equivalent of one of the Tanaan reps. Just can't remember which one took a bit of time to do.
    Both reps have exalted reward mounts... they just added the boxes as well so you still have something to go for after exalted.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit.

Pretty sure all those examples of yours also didn't let you play them until the expansion came out. You are quite free to wait until that day which will also have the requirements for allied races reduced... or actually play the game for a week or two and get your races.

No one reads the fine print. But leave it to the mentality of gamers, to chastise other players for not reading the fine print.

The OP's situation could be a stunt, but this is a real situation Blizzard will have to deal with. You can't change 11 years of expansion rules and all of a sudden expect people to read the fine print regarding Battle for Azeroth. They will revert this.
    Last edited by ablib; 2018-02-08 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Both reps have exalted reward mounts... they just added the boxes as well so you still have something to go for after exalted.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure all those examples of yours also didn't let you play them until the expansion came out. You are quite free to wait until that day which will also have the requirements for allied races reduced... or actually play the game for a week or two and get your races.
    I meant for the older reps specifically. I'm glad we got mounts back to the vendors with the new ones though.

Does anyone consider the fact that maybe they dont want everyone and his mother running around in the new skins? Look at Zandalari.. as an example, they smash darkspear trolls in almost every single way. Now lets assume one of this wonderful people that quit or are new *lol* and now they are all running around in their brand new skin abandoning their old trolls for the new shiny ones. BUT the instant you add this rep requirement the new number of trolls begins to drop *drastically I'd wager*. Its a form of population control, as well as time gating. TBH I prefer this method, it will leave will less people running around in shiny new skins because they throw a few bucks around.

And to people trying to defend all these new and returning players... honestly f off. If they quit they quit and no they don't deserve anything when they come back, AT ALL, nothing not one bloody thing. Likewise if they are new, they deserve NOTHING AT ALL. Because regardless of what the box says or how you or they misinterpreted whatever, when we all started as new players guess what we got? NOTHING, I mean I started in Vanilla and I got less than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen the victim blaming card used for stupidity.
    Whenever someone in Path of Exile gets 'scammed' because the other party placed a different item in trade window, and someone else tells that person that you actually need to check the item before clicking 'accept trade' (the button is not active unless you mouseover the item the other party has in the trade window), literally everyone jumps on that person for VICTIM BLAMING, all while demanding that GGG (the devs of PoE) do something about this 'horrifying' situation where people can *gasp* scam themselves with their stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    FuCKING HELL PEOPLE READ THE PURCHASE PAGE. If you've not been on sites about it, it's NOT really very clear.
    Let's see the video Blizzard has put frotn and center the Battle.net app:

Oh look at that! It shows the requirements clearly!

15+ Year Old Account
    Great... 5th article on the same topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    It's funny how smug people act on here about it but the reality is that there are plenty of casual fans who didn't read the small text...
    It's literally REALLY FUCKING BIG TEXT.
    Here is something to believe in!

I'm glad for once Blizzard decided to add a loyalty reward instead of promoting subscription tourism.

Edit.

A lot of people who live on this site will have no compassion for this simple mistake that a lot of folks made. Blizzard hasn't done a very good job using their very own website to deliver news, or requirements, it is all left to 3rd party sites.

Long time, uninformed players got the short end of the stick this time around, like you had said:

I've tested the site on several resolutions on the purchasing web page, and the text that lead into the rep requirements stops on most of them (the average).

Notice the text is light in color, borderline transparent, looks unimportant.

Scrolling down, the expansion highlights are in a bright white text that say nothing about reputation, just that you can start the "quest" to unlock Allied races.

All that being said, that's what you get for pre-ordering games.

EDIT: Apparently mmo-c doesn't support gyazo links, or the other way around /shrug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I'm glad for once Blizzard decided to add a loyalty reward instead of promoting subscription tourism.
    If you say so MAU.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.