Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang is too important to the Horde on several fronts to allow him to languish in the Stockades, where he could be tortured for (or mind-controlled into giving) information that he would be privy to as a long-standing veteran Horde commander, the leader of the orcs, and Sylvanas's left hand after her ascension to Warchief as well as his familiarity with all five previous Warchiefs (Blackhand, Doomhammer, Thrall, Garrosh, and Vol'jin). Leaving him there or killing him would cause unrest in the Horde at large, cause outrage among the orcs, and could allow the more outspoken against her reign to ignite another coup attempt.

That being said, of the current Horde leaders he also has the most experience working peacefully with the Alliance, tied with Lor'themar, thanks to the Might of Kalimdor and the Third War before it (Baine's brief friendship with Jaina and Anduin puts him in third place, as Vol'jin is currently busy being a jar of dirt and Thrall is having his midlife crisis, and the only time Sylvanas worked with the Alliance before the Broken Shore, she fed Garithos to Varimathras and some ghouls). He knows a wasteful war when he sees one, even if his loyalty to the Horde dictates he serve the Warchief faithfully and fight for the Horde when the Horde calls for his aid. If he felt he could convince Anduin to back off and get the Alliance out of Horde lands (or lands the Horde decided was theirs for the taking) without losing brave Horde warriors, he'd take the chance--and as Cucultian noted, Saurfang may feel a debt of honor to Anduin, since he was unable to repay Varian for said debt in allowing him to collect his son's body and put him to rest at Icecrown Citadel.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

In fact,the mission is to extract Talanji and Zul,not Saurfang...

Quote Originally Posted by TrueHorde View Post
    Are you sure? From what I read about the extraction, they just extracted Talanji because they think extracting prisoners who are heavily guarded would be a good idea, along with freeing Saurfang.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Are you sure? From what I read about the extraction, they just extracted Talanji because they think extracting prisoners who are heavily guarded would be a good idea, along with freeing Saurfang.
    It's hard to tell right now because 2 cinematics are missing. But it doesn't even look like we knew was alive from what I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cucultlan View Post
    yes i remember it as the cannot outcome of the icc, ty for the response.
    and on that maybe thats why saurfangs wants to talk with Anduin, in a way to end the war as a way to repay the honor debt.
    Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Saurfang's actions in the scenario are related to this.

I got the feeling that since it's part of recruiting the Zandalari, Rokhan says "Whoever we breakin' out, deh humans not takin' chances" implying he doesn't know who exactly they're freeing, and the fact that Saurfang says "The ones you are looking for are just down the hall." you aren't there for Saurfang, you're there for Talanji and Zul. It's hard to say though, with the cinematics missing.

Sylvanas would probably be glad to have Saurfang gone. He's loyal to the Horde, not necessarily her, and is one of the people that would get in her way if she gets (even more) batshit crazy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueHorde View Post
    zul and talanji seems to be coincidence, they go for saurfang and find then

i just hope blizzard don't give him the same treatment they give to vol'jin

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Some info is missing, for all we know people assume Saurfang is dead. Or we free him and then go to free Talanji.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I think it's actually for Talanji and Zul, infact, Sylvanas says something of the sort on her quest text, she says that some ship was suppose to land on Bladefist Bay and it never arrived and it was informed to be taken by the Alliance.

How would she or anyone even know if Saurfang is alive if he stays behind to hold off the Alliance at SoL? We just kinda find him there, and he himself says that he'll buy time so we get to our objective, he must have known of said mission OR we tell him in the missing cutscene that he has.

I'm still super miffed about the implications of his ''words'' with Anduin but we'll see, I've got a horrible feeling about it, but It'd be early still in the expansion's timeline.

If Saurfang is pulling a Vol'jin because "I disagree with Sylvanas and it's that time to play musical war-chairs" then Blizzard can go fuck themselves. Warchief Sylvanas has been her position for only one year. We don't need to kill her at all. Not even in the future. The Forsaken would have no purpose if she dies.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Rokhan mentions that there wasn't any order to save Saurfang.

If they knew if he was alive or not, is still unknown, but the Scenario and Sylvanas dialogue suggest they weren't there for Saurfang.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Back in WoTLK Varian allowed Saurfang to take Dranosh body during ICC.
    You do realize that only happens if you do that on alliance side right? If you do it as horde he just walks off with the body because alliance got their ass kicked in the gunship battle.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    To be honest I think it's actually for Talanji and Zul, infact, Sylvanas says something of the sort on her quest text, she says that some ship was suppose to land on Bladefist Bay and it never arrived and it was informed to be taken by the Alliance.

How would she or anyone even know if Saurfang is alive if he stays behind to hold off the Alliance at SoL? We just kinda find him there, and he himself says that he'll buy time so we get to our objective, he must have known of said mission OR we tell him in the missing cutscene that he has.

I'm still super miffed about the implications of his ''words'' with Anduin but we'll see, I've got a horrible feeling about it, but It'd be early still in the expansion's timeline.
    And Saurfang talked about buying the Horde time, and referred to Anduin as "Boy king" I'm less concerned about Saurfang turning into a loltraitor after this.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistaziggla View Post
    You do realize that only happens if you do that on alliance side right? If you do it as horde he just walks off with the body because alliance got their ass kicked in the gunship battle.
    Its canon.

She had to save him before Anduin manages to change Varok's mind about a Horde lead by Sylvanas, turning him into a second Vol'jin and the Horde's orcs into Darkspear revolutionaries v2.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    It's hard to tell right now because 2 cinematics are missing. But it doesn't even look like we knew was alive from what I can tell.
    welp I'm wrong. Sylvanas just wanted to extract not Saurfang lol

If Saurfang was a collateral extraction and save, then Sylvanas sure as hell won't be happy about it after believing that he was taken care of as collateral damage over at Undercity.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Its canon.
    As much as I want to believe you, I would love some proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    She had to save him before Anduin manages to change Varok's mind about a Horde lead by Sylvanas, turning him into a second Vol'jin and the Horde's orcs into Darkspear revolutionaries v2.
    Anduin using mind control again?

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Rokhan mentions that there wasn't any order to save Saurfang.

If they knew if he was alive or not, is still unknown, but the Scenario and Sylvanas dialogue suggest they weren't there for Saurfang.
    Aye, it looks like they were there for the trolls, specifically to make allies.

Seeing as how there is a troll boat in the harbor i guess the Alliance commandeered the boat and took them prisoner?

Yeah i saw the video and they were headed to Org. Interesting that the Zandalari came to us and not the other way around.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2018-02-09 at 05:53 AM.