Don't give her any attention. She's not, and has never been a remotely credible source for anything. She's a shameless self-promoter who will say whatever it takes to get attention.

The faster media stop giving her the oxygen she needs for her career to stay alive the better.

The biggest part of all of this is his security clearance issues, too. I mean, that job necessitates handling classified information every day- without the appropriate clearance (or a waiver from the president), couldn't somebody go to jail for this?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    The biggest part of all of this is his security clearance issues, too. I mean, that job necessitates handling classified information every day- without the appropriate clearance (or a waiver from the president), couldn't somebody go to jail for this?
    Porter was apparently sitting in on classified briefings, so I doubt anyone in the White House really gives a fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Togashii View Post
    Yep, and I called it on his last main post. Yet shit mods allow “woke” CT threads. Go figure
    Skroe is taking one for the team, as always!

i still remember the eurofighters bombing kekistan with euro bombs, after the french election. It was epic.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well a shutdown is all but guaranteed. Senate is reconvening at midnight EST. https://www.apnews.com/e53ae9e78f114...ul-blocks-vote

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe the Strong View Post
    Well a shutdown is all but guaranteed. Senate is reconvening at midnight EST. https://www.apnews.com/e53ae9e78f114...ul-blocks-vote
    Then let the blame game begin.

when is the deadline, tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    when is the deadline, tomorrow?
    7ish mins from my post

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    7ish mins from my post
    oh, fuck. again?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Deadline is at midnight EST. So 5 minutes. They can still technically reach a deal in time for services to function normally in the morning, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Somehow these assholes agree on even less this time than they did during the last shutdown 3 weeks ago.

Deadline is at midnight EST. So 5 minutes. They can still technically reach a deal in time for services to function normally in the morning, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Somehow these assholes agree on even less this time than they did during the last shutdown 3 weeks ago.
    I didn't see a megathread on reddit, so i was a lil' out of the loop

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Then let the blame game begin.
    There is no game, this time. Paul talked until the deadline. Shutdown.

Regardless of how people would have voted, this is a GOP issue. The rest are hypotheticals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    The biggest part of all of this is his security clearance issues, too.
    Apparently McGahn also knew and they both knew for months.

The Washington Post reports that McGahn knew about allegations from Porter's two ex-wives of physical and emotional abuse at least a year ago, while Kelly knew as early as last fall and gave Porter a bigger role in controlling the flow of info to President Trump.

McGahn initially learned of the allegations in January 2017 but saw Porter as a steadying force in the Trump administration and wanted him to remain on-staff, the Post reports.

In June, the FBI notified the White House of some of its findings, while McGahn and Kelly both failed to act after learning in the fall that domestic violence claims were delaying Porter’s security clearance, according to the report.

McGahn personally received a call from one of Porter's former girlfriends in November who told him to investigate the allegations made by Porter's ex-wives, according to the newspaper. McGahn notified other personnel in the Trump administration, but failed to take any further action on the claims.

McGahn declined to comment to the Post through a White House spokesman.

Still wondering why Porter had access to classified, and higher, information despite failing his background check.

Didn't we have to spend most of 2016 listening to Republicans lecture about the importance of security? What the fuck happened since then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Still wondering why Porter had access to classified, and higher, information despite failing his background check.
    In all fairness, he could have just looked over Kushner's shoulder. It's been a year and he doesn't have one, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Didn't we have to spend most of 2016 listening to Republicans lecture about the importance of security? What the fuck happened since then?
    Who needs security checks when you have the best people working for you.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Marco Rubio Defends Democratic Colleague Over Misleading Fox News Report

https://www.yahoo.com/news/marco-rub...044332849.html

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) pushed back against a Fox News report that implied Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.) had engaged in misconduct by texting with a lobbyist associated with a Russian billionaire last year. But his efforts to defend his colleague were thwarted when President Donald Trump shared the Fox News claims on Twitter hours later.

Imagine how bad things would look if Trump didn't have a state media to defend him 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There is no game, this time. Paul talked until the deadline. Shutdown.
    Yeah, no kidding.

So... Was a shutdown averted or???

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Marco Rubio Defends Democratic Colleague Over Misleading Fox News Report

https://www.yahoo.com/news/marco-rub...044332849.html

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) pushed back against a Fox News report that implied Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.) had engaged in misconduct by texting with a lobbyist associated with a Russian billionaire last year. But his efforts to defend his colleague were thwarted when President Donald Trump shared the Fox News claims on Twitter hours later.

Imagine how bad things would look if Trump didn't have a state media to defend him 24/7.
    The worst part is that he doesn't credit Fox News which he normally does, so whenever this is going to get officially disproven then its going to lead to a whole heap of more trouble...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    So... Was a shutdown averted or???

The worst part is that he doesn't credit Fox News which he normally does, so whenever this is going to get officially disproven then its going to lead to a whole heap of more trouble...
    Yeah. Bill passed.

Next Monday starts immigration debate.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, if anyone was wondering why I kept saying "the new guy" yesterday, there's a reason. His tenure is already suspect.

Trump was unhappy with deputy press secretary Raj Shah on Thursday after Shah said the White House could have done a better job handling the situation surrounding abuse allegations against former staff secretary Rob Porter, according to CNN.

Besides being caught in several lies and several refusal to answer the questions, of course, but Trump apparently had the problem of "someone handling my classified information beat his wives so badly that we didn't give him a security clearance, and everyone knew about it" being described as "could have been handled better". Trump's not allowed to make mistakes -- hence, why the new guy refused to say the stock market was still a meter for measuring the economy, despite being point-blank asked because Trump kept doing so in the past.

Kinda hope we see him again. He's no Spicer, but he's incompetent enough to be entertaining.