Thread: Bitcoin

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ah good old Scamcoin. Cryptocurrency , lol.

I'll stick to currencies backed by elected governments.

Rather than hipster, net-head, e-money smoke and mirrors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post

Well you have plenty of likeminded people out there

https://storage.googleapis.com/state...ldmanyells.png

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Well you have plenty of likeminded people out there

https://storage.googleapis.com/state...ldmanyells.png
    Hardy har har. I'm not old. I also don't trust easily.

https://www.finder.com.au/chinas-cry...a-morning-post

- - - Updated - - -

I think you misunderstand. When people say "ponzi scheme" in regards to Bitcoin, I immediately disregard their opinions because it is quite clear they don´t know what they are talking about. That´s all. Maybe a little reading comprehension before you get your panties all twisted.
    Sarcasm doesn't work on the damn internet there is no fucking vocal tones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post

"how" is it a scam?

I just find the whole idea wasteful your burning electricity and gpus for something that isn't tangible in the hopes that you make more pixel money than what it costs you in electricity and burnt out gpus. its a gamble if anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Sarcasm doesn't work on the damn internet there is no fucking vocal tones.
    There was no sarcasm. It was pretty straight forward.

There was no sarcasm. It was pretty straight forward.
    In your mind.

Deleted
    In your mind.
    Yeah I´m the one who wrote it. Sorry I didn´t let you take the easy way out. Keep fuming I guess.

Yeah I´m the one who wrote it. Sorry I didn´t let you take the easy way out. Keep fuming I guess.

I’m not fuming but don’t be sarcastic and then be shocked your sarcasm is taken seriously in “text” that’s why /s is a thing.

Deleted
    I’m not fuming but don’t be sarcastic and then be shocked your sarcasm is taken seriously in “text” that’s why /s is a thing.
    please point out the sarcasm. Because there was none.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I just find the whole idea wasteful your burning electricity and gpus for something that isn't tangible in the hopes that you make more pixel money than what it costs you in electricity and burnt out gpus. its a gamble if anything.
    You're just mad we snatched all video cards.
    I mine with 13 GTX 1060 and one GTX 1080Ti.
    Those 14 cards could make quite a few gamers happy.
    But nope! Those cards earn me money instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    You're just mad we snatched all video cards.
    I mine with 13 GTX 1060 and one GTX 1080Ti.
    Those 14 cards could make quite a few gamers happy.
    But nope! Those cards earn me money instead.
    oh cool arrogance. i guess i expected that though.

crypto mining to me is like burning money and hoping the raw carbon is worth more than the money you started with. its about as asinine as it gets.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2018-02-08 at 11:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    oh cool arrogance. i guess i expected that though.

i guess this really is edgelord central.

its impossible to have a reasonable discussion if ppl are happy watching the world burn.

I just don't like how all this energy is basically being wasted on some arbitrary calculation when it could be doing something productive.
    I don't like how as the blockchains get harder the wastage scales exponentially.

if this shit was half as useful as folding@home, i'd probably not have a leg to stand on but at the end of the day it just seems wasteful the way it is now, its digital fools gold, the only way you make more money on it is if someone is a bigger fool than you. i don't even want to imagine the amount of hardware chugging away at crypto barely managing to break even.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2018-02-09 at 12:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

I think you misunderstand. When people say "ponzi scheme" in regards to Bitcoin, I immediately disregard their opinions because it is quite clear they don´t know what they are talking about. That´s all. Maybe a little reading comprehension before you get your panties all twisted.
    Maybe the problem isn't with the poster's reading comprehension, but rather, with your ability to communicate.

Your post was lacking in punctuation, so your intended meaning was lost.

Remember, punctuation and grammar is the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse".

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing I dislike about cryptocurrency is the ridonkulous amount of electricity wasted in farming the blasted things. Governments worldwide are starting to take action on climate change by getting people to save energy and switch to electric or hybrid cars and what have you... and along comes these big fuck-off bitcoin centres that waste power like nobody's business trying to mine the damn things. Bitcoin uses more electricity than the entire state of california at present and it's only set to grow.

Good job. Let's undo all the hard work for the sake of a currency 99% of people don't care about or ever plan to invest in.

It was funny to see all the fake news stories and fear around them bring the market down so much, and then a bunch of senators have this discussion

And massive confidence is brought back into the market, causing prices to soar (despite predictions that it was gonna hit around $5k). Now binance is shut for maintainence and values have frozen. I lost during this latest drop because I wasn't active on it, but I don't have much money in cryptos anyway right now. My buddy though used this opportunity of fluctuation to make a lot of money.

If/when the dust settles and it starts to make a raise again, a lot of people are gonna make a lot of money from this recent dip and part of me wonders if it was manipulated in such a way for that reason. I didn't jump in on the drop, so I'm hoping another happens soon, just need some more fake new stories so scared people sell all their shit.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Hopefully, it crashes to zero. Just the sheer amount of energy used with no apparent social benefit should be enough for countries to ban it, add to that the lack of regulation and fraudulent activities going on.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitten View Post
    Hopefully, it crashes to zero. Just the sheer amount of energy used with no apparent social benefit should be enough for countries to ban it, add to that the lack of regulation and fraudulent activities going on.
    More energy is wasted on food that people don't buy due to aesthetics itself. Not to mention the wasted food itself. There are plenty of other areas where energy, food, and resources are being wasted than to crib about bitcoin or cryptos.

Keep in mind that printing pennies in this day and age is equally wasteful. Not to mention the million dollar lobbying that goes in to keeping them alive. Same could be said for a lot of other things, but I am almost positive that most people here are refusing to see the underlying implications of blockchains and open ledger transactions in general before slamming cryptos.

- - - Updated - - -

To add: i find it funny that John Oliver routinely points out much larger scale problems with the U.S. and most people don't care about those issues which have far more daily basis implications for most people in America

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't like how all this energy is basically being wasted on some arbitrary calculation when it could be doing something productive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    The thing I dislike about cryptocurrency is the ridonkulous amount of electricity wasted in farming the blasted things.
    While I won't say that they aren't using a decent amount of power, a majority of the articles posted regarding the crazy amounts of power/carbon footprint they had are borderline false. One guy made a statistic based off worst case expenditure (I'm sure you've heard the whole 'one bitcoin transaction uses as much power as ____' thing)

They were off by a ridiculous margin. They still use a chunk of power, but most people believe its a LOT more than it is (by a magnitude).
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab