Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I only joined this discussion at page 22 or so. Meaning I'm far from the only no fly hater.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it's hard to enjoy the game when the part I'm asked to enjoy is not a game to me. I see no fun or point of leveling, it's just something that we have to do, and doesn't add much to the game. Face it, almost all content in the game is tuned for max levels, like it's suppose to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't really matter than much which level you start at. You can use a mount at level 1 and it might as well be a flying mount too (true brand new accounts don't have it, but they might as well just get it too, to make it more fair). So no matter where the game begins for you, being able to fly only makes it better.

You are asking to change the aspect of MMORPG's that makes them what they are. The leveling is a part of it, the adventure, along with the raiding at max lvl. Taking the other parts out of the game would not make it an MMORPG.

If you dont enjoy the game, you should probably have quit a long time ago.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It sucks that they keep going out of their way to cater to the vocal minority >.>

Two expansions launched with no flying at launch, two expansions slated for having no flying at launch, two expansions seeing record drop off in subs, and yet they refuse to learn >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingpig View Post
    You are asking to change the aspect of MMORPG's that makes them what they are. The leveling is a part of it, the adventure, along with the raiding at max lvl. Taking the other parts out of the game would not make it an MMORPG.

I liked the game plenty. I just didn't like doing blizzard's list of chores all the time.

I like how you guys who clearly hate flying actually create these posts to actively SPITE us who enjoy the convenience. I know you're just enjoying on our expense, but that's just shallow.

Same as the ones who liked leveling time increase. You just have to create spiteful posts, don't you? You have to write essays to prove someone that the changes made are "good for everyone", and yet it doesn't become "good" after that.
    Last edited by VyersReaver; 2018-02-09 at 12:22 PM.

eeeeeeeh i dono isn't it about time we stopped calling this MMO-RPG/shooter/rts whatever and just call MMO it's own genre? LoL is an MMO, Overwatch is an MMO, Warframe is an MMO etc etc. People chose these game imo for the social aspect not necesarilly for their specific "sub"-genre gameplay. If you want to play an AWSOME shooter, play wolfenstein, an awsome RPG, play Witcher etc etc. MMOs HAVE to dillute some aspect of gameplay and i think it's unreasonable to have the fluid content, ever expanding open world.... and a razor focused gameplay system - serviceable is fine.

They should just focus on makeing the social / coop / pvp aspects of it more focused again, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    It sucks that they keep going out of their way to cater to the vocal minority >.>

Two expansions launched with no flying at launch, two expansions slated for having no flying at launch, two expansions seeing record drop off in subs, and yet they refuse to learn >.>
    Ok i'm way pro-flying but call bullshit where it's due no-flying did not fucking kill WoD...

10+ Year Old Account

I would have, trust me, but can you tell me ONE other game, with 20+ player raids, with this kind of key-mapping abilities, and different speccs, in a third person 3d envoirement, that also offers a fairly good Pvp system.

Tell me of a Raid/PvP moba in the style of WoW and I will play it. So far, I have not found any.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, that would be a true evolution. Like I said earlier in the thread, WoW is losing people while Mobas etc are gaining people. The time and effort who is put into leveling and gearing is a big reason for that I'm sure. If Blizzard take away grinds and time consuming parts, they can gain a lot more players, and compete vs other games in popularity.

This is prolly not gonna happen, cause the fanboys would flip. But flying would atleast make that unbearable leveling etc slightly better.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Biggest mistake Blizzard made was adding flying. People have been arguing about it since it was allowed in TBC.

If I

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfTwo View Post
    eeeeeeeh i dono isn't it about time we stopped calling this MMO-RPG/shooter/rts whatever and just call MMO it's own genre? LoL is an MMO, Overwatch is an MMO, Warframe is an MMO etc etc. People chose these game imo for the social aspect not necesarilly for their specific "sub"-genre gameplay. If you want to play an AWSOME shooter, play wolfenstein, an awsome RPG, play Witcher etc etc. MMOs HAVE to dillute some aspect of gameplay and i think it's unreasonable to have the fluid content, ever expanding open world.... and a razor focused gameplay system - serviceable is fine.

They should just focus on makeing the social / coop / pvp aspects of it more focused again, imo.

Ok i'm way pro-flying but call bullshit where it's due no-flying did not fucking kill WoD...

The thing is MMO's or MMORPG's definition is an online game with an open world that can support a large amount of players on the same server.

That doesnt fit into overwatch or LoL, you cant have 1000+ players on the same server, which is why it doesnt qualify as an mmo.

With that mindset you could change the genre of all movies to a single one. Its not how it works, which is why we have categorization of games aswell as movies, they define the playstyle of the game, why do you think majority if not all mmos are based on the same playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard
    Yes, that would be a true evolution. Like I said earlier in the thread, WoW is losing people while Mobas etc are gaining people. The time and effort who is put into leveling and gearing is a big reason for that I'm sure. If Blizzard take away grinds and time consuming parts, they can gain a lot more players, and compete vs other games in popularity.

This is prolly not gonna happen, cause the fanboys would flip. But flying would atleast make that unbearable leveling etc slightly better.
    What you are saying is, that they should change what WoW has always been so they can compare against MOBAs ?

You are comparing two totally different genres, they should be uncomparable.

If you want to play MOBAs go play LoL

If you want to play mmos play WoW.
    Last edited by mmoc5a8509744a; 2018-02-09 at 12:36 PM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Missed View Post

Yeah like omg I don't have time to be dazed. I need to maximise my time management when playing this video game (lol).
    Well, yeah, no shit? Why the fuck would you WANT to waste your time when you could be doing something you actually enjoy / gain something from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I liked the game plenty. I just didn't like doing blizzard's list of chores all the time.
    Thank you, I absolutely agree. There is a lot of amazing content, and the grinds and chorese are not some of them. Grinding and doing repetive content is very outdated imo and I truly hate it, whether it's farming AP, Legendaries, WQs or leveling or gearing up.

Sadly, more and more, I realize that I should just buy accounts that are already leveled and geared up. However, I don't want to risk getting banned AND I want the geared max level char to be my old main, with a lot of personal connections to it. So I won't buy accounts, even though it would be the only way to truly enjoy this game again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Well, yeah, no shit? Why the fuck would you WANT to waste your time when you could be doing something you actually enjoy / gain something from?
    I tried tellin him that, but I think he is a traditional fanboy, that would defend Blizzard even if they were like litterally killing the people he care about. Cause honestly, I feel that's the level of some fanboys today.

I still like WoW, I do, I can't help it. But Blizzard is a disgusting company and I hate them with all my heart.
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

[..] why do you think majority if not all mmos are based on the same playstyle.
    Ow i know this one! Because it was the simplest and most intuitive to port over to mmo first, then the genre boomed.... and subsequently crashed harder than an atomic bomb , publishers got scared and colectively realized "yeeeeeeah hosting massive servers like that is expensive and it takes a decade to make - better just make everything, essentially conectted, but instanced".

There won't be another WoW - possibly in our lifetimes, the next trully BIG MMO-RPG is going to be VR , run on machines 5-10 times more powerfull than comercially available today. An immersive, photorealistic experiance... then the coppycat - bubble - burst can start all over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is MMO's or MMORPG's definition is an online game with an open world that can support a large amount of players on the same server.

That doesnt fit into overwatch or LoL, you cant have 1000+ players on the same server, which is why it doesnt qualify as an mmo.

With that mindset you could change the genre of all movies to a single one. Its not how it works, which is why we have categorization of games aswell as movies, they define the playstyle of the game, why do you think majority if not all mmos are based on the same playstyle.

WoW is a huge game with different things to do, and this is what is causing the problem. Once I liked the open world thing and adventures and stuff like that. But today, I only care about raids (and transmog) and the rest is quite useless to me, and I don't want it.

We need a new definition of what an MMORPG is, cause to me, and to amny, it's the big raids that matter, and you CAN'T get it anywhere else than in WoW. Sadly, ONLY WoW can bring good raids, there is no other game that comes close. So in my example, I just want the raids but hate the rest, What should I do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are they not sick of saying things like "there will be no flying" every single xpac? I mean, let the people FLY, why is it so fucking hard to let people explore and see the whole scene? Then make a underground or sea expansion and don't have flying? Pfff such a boring subject every fucking expansion....

10+ Year Old Account

What you are saying is, that they should change what WoW has always been so they can compare against MOBAs ?

You are comparing two totally different genres, they should be uncomparable.

If you want to play MOBAs go play LoL

If you want to play mmos play WoW.

So, if I want to raid, and only raid, what game should I play? If I want to just do 20+ people content, with a abilities macroed to you keyboard by your own choice, in a 3d envoirment, but don't want any other stuff that is in todays WoW, what game should I play? Please tell me.

I don't want WOW, I want a "raid-only-game" and WoW is the closest. That's why I want WOW to be as customisable as possible, where you can chose what to do. Is that crazy to ask for?

Deleted
    We need a new definition of what an MMORPG is
    Im done for, have fun.

I cant argue with you anymore, you want what you cant have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im done for, have fun.

I cant argue with you anymore, you want what you cant have.
    I have a strong feeling you are an Blizzard employee in disguise, cause this is pretty much the attitude they have had lately. The flying is a clear example, regardless on how much people write to them, on their forums ingame or on fansites, they ignore it.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is a good thing as always. Having the first patch of the game without flying is something i prefer, since it creates a much more fluid quest movement in the world instead of the point-to-point interaction that happends with flying.

But i also do hope, that they will give people flying in 8.1. After the first leveling experience and the first experience of end-game quest content is over, i really think there is no need to draw out the non-flying period anymore. One of the best experiences i have had in Legion, was running around Suramar, running into rare mobs and having to find a way of getting to them on foot. I loved that and i would not want to be without it. The worst experience in Legion comes down to doing Highmoutain 5 times while not being able to fly. That zone becomes alot more enjoyable with flying after you have done it 1-2 times, but since i did not have flying for the entire alt-leveling period, i sadly ended up hating that zone.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    I have a strong feeling you are an Blizzard employee in disguise, cause this is pretty much the attitude they have had lately. The flying is a clear example, regardless on how much people write to them, on their forums ingame or on fansites, they ignore it.
    Or they have different metrics then we have on how (un)popular not flying actually is.
    -Or- they simple stand by their design philosophy regarding flying. This is not a democracy. This is their creation and they can do with it whatever they think is apropriate.

This feels like the petition by fans to declare starwars 8 non canon. How high is your horse that you, as a fan, think you have any measure of influence at all in the creative work of someone else?

Really? this old chessnut?.... well in the same snarky response there's also RP servers for that....

On a more serious note the "RP" part of RPG kinda went away a while ago. Imo most people today see "RPG" as a catch all term for "game with classes and character progression". If you're trully serios about your RP i'd recomend stuff like This War of Mine, Stalker or a whole host of ACTUAL RP games on Roll20.net

And on another note what are you role-playing exactly? i'm genianlly curios as even in greens you're mowing over world content, nwm the catch-up gear on argus.... kinda breaks the elusion of "role playing to struggle in an epic world" when you look at a mob sideways and it dies.... or does RP imply not using all your buttons?....
    And you are who exactly to tell us wow isnt a rpg? Cause I mean... the ones that actually created the game were pretty sure about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Why though?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    I can't wait to get to 120 and gank all the leveling alliance on kul'tiras who won't be able to escape.
    well they could just not toggle pvp, that would be fine aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content