Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You have seen one single alpha build. What the heck?

I mean, in like 10 years when you get a girl and get her preagnant, you gonna say you know how ur baby is gonna look after attending the first ultra sound? Thats basically what you are saying here.

I hate this. And BM is some stupid 'show your most rare spirit beast' spec anyway. It's for babies that wear tbc slutmogs...

Quote Originally Posted by megary View Post
    I hate this. And BM is some stupid 'show your most rare spirit beast' spec anyway. It's for babies that wear tbc slutmogs...
    Such childish anger, hatred, it is a shame a human being can feel so much of it makes me sad.

the new blizz devs basically repeating the 10 years of old SV development in only 2 xpacs. by 9.0 melee will be phased out again get hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Such childish anger, hatred, it is a shame a human being can feel so much of it makes me sad.
    Well, you are right. And I could have analysed my thoughts & feelings to write a more meaningful post in the first place. But I didn't. Sorry, don't be sad. <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Just reintroduce the MoP version please.

While I can see some appeal to a melee hunter (Yautja style), the current spec is just nonsensical. It's a mishmash of engineering stuff and some animal pokes, with a lame fury of the beagle topping. Little survivability too.
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

as long as mongoose bite is gone as the mandatory playstyle, im happy. I couldn't stand that clunky style of getting 6 stacks then fury of the eagle, was so frustrating. new alpha looks like a much better QoL

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    You have seen one single alpha build. What the heck?

I mean, in like 10 years when you get a girl and get her preagnant, you gonna say you know how ur baby is gonna look after attending the first ultra sound? Thats basically what you are saying here.
    people like you are the exact reason why bad specs or changes wont get looked on. the alpha is there to give feedback and not to "see whats happening untill release". the earlier you can give feedback the better the chances they can adjust their plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Solence View Post
    people like you are the exact reason why bad specs or changes wont get looked on. the alpha is there to give feedback and not to "see whats happening untill release". the earlier you can give feedback the better the chances they can adjust their plans.
    Oh poor little you. You thought I said that we should wait until release of the game until we provide feedback? Sorry, I didnt think we had people discussing in here that thinks with their pea of a brain.
    What I ment to say is that we have seen 1 single alpha build and we call it a butchery of a spec already. How on earth can blizz hit the jackpot before anyone have even played the spec? xD

10+ Year Old Account
    BFA hunter looks miles better than the live version which is pure shit
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    Oh poor little you. You thought I said that we should wait until release of the game until we provide feedback? Sorry, I didnt think we had people discussing in here that thinks with their pea of a brain.
    What I ment to say is that we have seen 1 single alpha build and we call it a butchery of a spec already. How on earth can blizz hit the jackpot before anyone have even played the spec? xD
    thanks for the pointless insult... at least we know that you dont really care about the spec and only came to blow of steam

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    BFA hunter looks miles better than the live version which is pure shit
    Agree with this one.

Survival hunter on live is just.. too much.
    No, not hard to play, i know every single gcd what to do, mechanicaly and decision wise this spec was in it's legion iteration never really hard to play, just not interesting.
    Also you get flooded way too often with stuff to do, you wish like you could press 3 buttons in a gcd which isn't really great.

Im not saying there isn't a lot of work ahead but the current alpha iteration is just more fun to play and has an better identity as "gadget using survivalist" imo.

Get rid of lacerate and WFB - if I wanted to play a dot class, I'd play a warlock. This is stupid and defeats the purpose of a "ranger" type class. Other than that, it looks like a good (albeit unfocused...lol) start.

Legion survival seems really weird, so does bfa survival. It think it's going to be one of those specs blizzard won't be happy with for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by rustyboy View Post
    Survival has to compete with other melee classes who are clearly better.
    You obviously never played one, or against one in a battleground...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyboy View Post
    because they find creating 3 different play styles for a dps only class outside of Fire, Frost, Arcane too difficult.
    Complains blizz can't make 3 different playstyles.
    Wants Survival to be a third ranged spec on Hunters.

Survival is a different playstyle than BM and Marks; that's why you're complaining about it, retard.

Don't lie, this is what you all really want when you say "melee hunter". Freaking Legolas.

#ShowToolTip Arrow Stab
    Arrow Stab
    Embody the form of Legolas. Stab foes in weak spots with arrows from your quiver. Using said arrow with your bow will cause massive damage. Arrow has 20% chance of breaking, leaving you sad. When sad, pet will rush to your aid and get stuck on invisible walls. Aid increases chances to pull enemies randomly.
    Last edited by Angrie; 2018-02-09 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Lol, all three were ranged at launch *due to dead zone had some melee skills that went away with the dead zone (hence the proof that's all they were there for) and I think you have Stupid confused with rugged, what moron want to go toe to toe with a bear when he can keep some distance and take it down... want to go toe to toe, put some plate on man up and be a tank, game needs more of those.
    As someone who played a Hunter since Vanilla i just want educate you on something. The Dead zone went away in 2.3 (BC Zul'Aman Patch) when they made the ranged distance 5-35 yards. The dead zone was an area where neither ranged nor melee could connect for a hunter, making it a zone that casters could stand in and negate any damage from the hunter. In 2.3 they made a change where the hunter was either in melee range, or bow range. The melee abilities didn't go away till 5.0.4(MoP expansion patch) and they went away because that's when everyone lost access to their auxiliary weapons and any associated skills and the minimum range for bow was also eliminated. However up to Cata the survival tree was largely focused on Traps/melee.

On topic, i like the OP like the current iteration of Survival. That doesn't mean its a perfect spec, but rather i like the overall feel of the class minus some of the clunkier aspects. The BFA version of survival feels like either a shallow attempt at BM (KC build, even though KC is a generator now ) or another attempt at the god-awful mobile dps that was the dh Momentum build ( Primal Instincts/ Terms of Engagement build). While Mongoose bite is a talent that goes from a charge system to a focus cost only, now the RNG is all on KC resetting so you can generate enough focus to pump MB during the window making it even more unreliable and RNG than live version.

In short the same thing happened with Gladiator that is happening to Survival. They make something new and different but because it doesn't become the number 1 thing ever blizzard panics hard and removes/changes it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurengod View Post
    As someone who played a Hunter since Vanilla i just want educate you on something. The Dead zone went away in 2.3 (BC Zul'Aman Patch) when they made the ranged distance 5-35 yards. The dead zone was an area where neither ranged nor melee could connect for a hunter, making it a zone that casters could stand in and negate any damage from the hunter. In 2.3 they made a change where the hunter was either in melee range, or bow range. The melee abilities didn't go away till 5.0.4(MoP expansion patch) and they went away because that's when everyone lost access to their auxiliary weapons and any associated skills and the minimum range for bow was also eliminated. However up to Cata the survival tree was largely focused on Traps/melee.
    whatever the hell you want to call it, once we could hit someone right in our face with a bow the "melee" skills and weapon went POOF.........

*and the Hunter since Vanilla BS I could care less about so did I, started less than a month after WOW went live, would have been sooner but was still playing EQ too.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2018-02-12 at 01:51 AM.

Survival's Kill Command generates focus with chance for cd reset
    Dire Frenzy/Beast generates focus and the cd can reset
    Wildfire Bomb asap
    BM's Kill Command asap (but it costs focus)
    Survival maintains DoT
    BM has to pool for BW
    otherwise, do nothing

So, despite BM's controversy in Legion, they gave the same playstyle (or lack there of) to Survival? i dont even

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Get rid of lacerate and WFB
    Serpent Sting already replaced Lacerate and Wildfire Bomb's duration is less than half of the cooldown (so you'll only track that if you spec two charges).
    Last edited by ttylol; 2018-02-12 at 06:26 AM.