Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    During Obama's tenure they came up with the sequester and even went as far as saying they would not spend one dollars without another dollar taken as cuts. When Obama was president republicans in congress did push austerity.
    I know, Republicans didn't want to spend money on things Democrats wanted. When Republicans have Congress they'll spend more on what they want like military. Republicans should have a leaner government message. Restraint and discipline are hard when borrowing is easy.

I suggest tuning to C-SPAN rn, Rand Paul is beating the living shit out of Republican's positions and is probably going to become the reason the shutdown starts.

Trade deficit soars under Trump.

Here is the full story which yes you can look at agree with the title but of course Trumpkins would be flipping out if the other party was power.

Trade deficit soars under Trump. See why some say that’s a good thing. https://t.co/YZuk3VYFEc via @tradereporter https://t.co/ccWTKA33A5
    https://twitter.com/politico/status/961796846413852672
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    I know, Republicans didn't want to spend money on things Democrats wanted. When Republicans have Congress they'll spend more on what they want like military. Republicans should have a leaner government message. Restraint and discipline are hard when borrowing is easy.
    Well either way the whole party of fiscal responsibility thing is dead now we can lay it to rest next to the whole family values thing republicans used to tout.

I'm 100% certain that when dems get back in power republicans will suddenly care about debt and spending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitten View Post
    I suggest tuning to C-SPAN rn, Rand Paul is beating the living shit out of Republican's positions and is probably going to become the reason the shutdown starts.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand happened.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    They're waiting for their marching orders from conservative media. Blame Obama in 3...2...1.
    Speaking of Conservative Media...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Speaking of Conservative Media...
    snip
    Oh sweet jesus, he can't be serious?? Is he wacked out on OxyContin again?

Quote Originally Posted by Togashii View Post
    Oh sweet jesus, he can't be serious?? Is he wacked out on OxyContin again?
    Debt only matters when it's a Democrat in office, silly!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Debt only matters when it's a Democrat in office, silly!
    And black. Can't forget the latent racism, made reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Where's the Tea Party
    The son of the original tea party, before the neo-cons jumped in.
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

10+ Year Old Account
    The GOP lost any sort of fiscal responsibility nonsense when they were all in for Medicare part D, two wars, and tax cuts.

The GOP is fiscally irresponsible and have been the cost of most of the financial problems the federal budget has faced.

Unfortunately since their voters are also the least likely to explore viewpoints other than their echo chamber they will never learn the truth about their party.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    The GOP lost any sort of fiscal responsibility nonsense when they were all in for Medicare part D, two wars, and tax cuts.

The GOP is fiscally irresponsible and have been the cost of most of the financial problems the federal budget has faced.

Unfortunately since their voters are also the least likely to explore viewpoints other than their echo chamber they will never learn the truth about their party.
    Both parties are fiscally irresponsible.
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    The deficit has been decreased twice in the past three decades, both under Democratic administrations. Try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    Well that is simply not true.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad I don't have any stake in the national debt. I feel sorry for the next generation though. I'm glad as hell that I never had any kids, and everything I own is going to be donated to a cat shelter when I die.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Well that is simply not true.
    Fables are all he has left.

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Funny how conservatives whine about the debt under liberal presidents,
    Funny how Liberals only whine about the dept under conservative Presidents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There's a difference between whining and pointing out hypocrisy.

The debt is only an issue because conservatives make it so, largely as an excuse to further their real goal; that being dismantling social programs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Rand Paul is a liberal? Chaffetz is a liberal? Damn you must be so woke to see that.