Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down WoW is not even mentioned specificly in the latest Quarter Call.

If we don't count their expectations of BfA sub increase.

Usually we hear how the state of WoW is by saying "The subs are stable or doing better then expected"
    This time around, 0 news. All the focus was on HS and Overwatch player activity and revenue.
    This is making me believe that WoW is on a rapid decline of subs. And probably on the lowest amount of subs since the release of vanilla?

Is it safe to assume that WoW is doing not as good as we expected that it isn't even worth a mention anymore during the quarter calls?

What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

You are pulling stuff out of your ass without any actual knowledge. That's what I think. Blizzard is big company now and the earnings calls are not meant to inform players how the game is going. The only real thing you can read about that earnings calls is that they have more monthly users, thats it.

What's the difference?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    So they didn't mentioned WoW once if you don't count the time they talked about WoW. How does this makes sense?

The game is almost 14 years old. Nothing that ancient is expected to stay relevant.

Deleted
    Game is dead...

Ok irony off

We will have WoW for many many years to come, sit and relax

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

Usually we hear how the state of WoW is by saying "The subs are stable or doing better then expected"
    This time around, 0 news. All the focus was on HS and Overwatch player activity and revenue.
    This is making me believe that WoW is on a rapid decline of subs. And probably on the lowest amount of subs since the release of vanilla?

Is it safe to assume that WoW is doing not as good as we expected that it isn't even worth a mention anymore during the quarter calls?

What do you think?
    http://investor.activision.com/secfi...TEMENTS_112217

Blizz makes more than one product, and it is hard to narrow down the money coming from WoW anymore. However, you can see some of those profits come from their subsidiary (King). In fact, King provides nearly as much net revenue as Blizz proper and more operating income than Blizz. Furthermore, more than 2/3s of Blizz net revenue comes from Console, Mobile, and other platforms...so PC platform (WoW being one of several) isn't even the dominating profits at this point. WoW is only going to be a portion of the 1/3, and Blizz's lack of talking points about WoW simply points to the fact that WoW probably isn't even the dominate player in that 1/3 any more.

I seriously hope you aren’t an adult because you have no clue how to read into an earnings call.

WoW is cyclical. Subs are cyclical. They never usually mention WoW in the investors call during the last quarter because subs will always be down, that’s the nature of WoW. The earnings call is aimed at investors and investors aren’t dumb enough to focus on the end of an expansion for WoW because subs will always be down towards the end.

To make it easier for you to understand: Wow might start off at 10 million at launch but it’ll always end up lower towards the end (aka numbers being down) that’s why they usually never make WoW the spotlight during Q3-Q4. However when BfA launches WoW will be right back to the spotlight which is always what happens.

I’m more surprised that you can’t follow a pattern (subs up, subs down) that’s been there from Vanilla. That’s scary. What’re you gonna say when WoW takes the spotlight again in BfA? How come you didn’t say anything when legion sold more copies than any other expansion aside from wrath? You only focus on the negative shit and clearly want the game to do bad, weird as fuck.
    - - - Updated - - -

Blizzard has 6 other flagship products on the market. Granular level of detail should no longer be expected as WoW is no longer the lynchpin of Blizzard's operation.

That said, I'm a sucker for sub number gossip, but I understand why they're glossing over them.
    For Quality Classic WoW Content and Discussion
    For more Classic WoW content: https://www.twitch.tv/tipsoutbaby
    'Tips Out' Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/tipsoutbaby

WoW is about 1/7th to 1/8th of the revenue portfolio of Activision-Blizzard. It is also one who's revenues are still more cyclical than that of some of the others (trust me, they're working on that). Why would they emphasize this part of the business in a low year in the cycle (year without expansion release)?

OW is also not mentioned apart from the times that it is.

Deleted
    It's investors call - why the hell would they talk WoW specifically. People don't invest money in WoW. They invest money in ATVI

They changed their reporting of things like WoW because of all the other products that don't have a subscription model.

Only 1 product HAS a subscription which is WoW. MAU which is Monthly Active Users is better to net those numbers that includes 1 sub model and all the other that aren't.

Really. You can stop with the fear-mongering. If WoW was in fact dying, why do you think they'd bother with another expansion, like really? Did you not stop to think that those expansions cost money to make?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    This is directly from the earning’s call LOL:

“Now, given the timing of launches in 2018 and the continued ramp of our new initiatives, we expect our performance to be further weighted to the back half of the year relative to what we saw in 2017. We expect Blizzard to grow year-over-year with the release of World of Warcraft’s Battle for Azeroth this summer. I am glad to say the presales for Azeroth kicked off last week and are off to an encouraging start. In addition, Blizzard has exciting plans for live ops and additional in-game content across franchises, including Hearthstone’s three expansions in 2018 and Overwatch’s in-game events. Blizzard will also start to see the benefit of its investment initiatives, as we expect the Overwatch League to be profitable in 2018, its first full year of operations.”

WoW was mentioned, and Blizz is hard at work trying to please its playerbase, wtf is going on here lmfaoooo

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    This is directly from the earning’s call LOL:

“Now, given the timing of launches in 2018 and the continued ramp of our new initiatives, we expect our performance to be further weighted to the back half of the year relative to what we saw in 2017. We expect Blizzard to grow year-over-year with the release of World of Warcraft’s Battle for Azeroth this summer. I am glad to say the presales for Azeroth kicked off last week and are off to an encouraging start. In addition, Blizzard has exciting plans for live ops and additional in-game content across franchises, including Hearthstone’s three expansions in 2018 and Overwatch’s in-game events. Blizzard will also start to see the benefit of its investment initiatives, as we expect the Overwatch League to be profitable in 2018, its first full year of operations.”

WoW was mentioned, and Blizz is hard at work trying to please its playerbase, wtf is going on here lmfaoooo
    Yeah but how else am I going to let my sexual frustrations out now?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If they had rapid decline of the subs, how would it affect you in any way?
    Less people to play with? Servers empty, with tumbleweed being chases by the wind? Can't join LFR for 24 hrs?

Quote Originally Posted by Kreo View Post
    If they had rapid decline of the subs, how would it affect you in any way?
    Less people to play with? Servers empty, with tumbleweed being chases by the wind? Can't join LFR for 24 hrs?
    Yes. I know you are being sarcastic, but it already happened with PVP. Nobody to play with, big queues starting from 1900 and matchmaking having to make wild concessions.

Yes WoW is dead there will not be an expansion after Legion. It was the swan song.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you think?
    I think that this is a pointless, stupid topic.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

SKY IS FALLING AAAAH

These threads pop up way too often. They need purged. This literally leads to nothing constructive.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.