Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    brady has starred in two of some of my favorite movies of all time.
    legends and mad max fury road.
    so we have settled it now that you have bad taste
    tom hard = one of the most overrated actors and that venom trailer is just TERRIBLE.

The "oh no, Venom without Spider-man, nani" reaction has always seemed pretty overblown to me. Not that the comics matter, but as far as I remember Venom has had plenty of adventures outside his relation to Spider-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Aaaaand Black Panther is already rated at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. Why am I not surprised

A perfect score strongly suggests critics are afraid of saying anything negative. There’s just no way everyone loved it. I wouldn’t trust these scores.
    You've already stated you have no intention to see the movie, so why give a rat's ass what the RT score is in the first place?

Also, trying to suggest there's something ulterior going on here is just reaching, a lot.

Careful, your agenda is showing.

The only Disney conspiracy, lol.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    so we have settled it now that you have bad taste
    tom hard = one of the most overrated actors and that venom trailer is just TERRIBLE.
    Tom Hardy is not over rated at all. Most brits couldnt even pull off that American accent in the trailer alone nevermind all his other work.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    We'll probably see the near-zero foreign box office as no one from people I know would ever see a movie about blacks, superheroes or not.
    Why not ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    The "oh no, Venom without Spider-man, nani" reaction has always seemed pretty overblown to me. Not that the comics matter, but as far as I remember Venom has had plenty of adventures outside his relation to Spider-man.
    I think the problem is more about his origin, a lot of what venom does is what spider man does like goo webs and swinging around. Unless Eddie has a thing for spiders in this a lot of that stuff will just be out of no where.

If Black Panther doesn't do $100 mil on opening weekend I'll be a bit surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I think the problem is more about his origin, a lot of what venom does is what spider man does like goo webs and swinging around. Unless Eddie has a thing for spiders in this a lot of that stuff will just be out of no where.
    I'm not sure, but won't the movie still be in "a Spiderman universe" of some sort?He may not fight Spiderman, but the movie could still reference Spiderman in many ways. Even if Spiderman is only talked about or something ("this is the stuff that attacked Spiderman, right?"), it could still be a frame of reference for why the suit grabs random dude and makes him a spiderman clone.

Really the only thing I liked about the trailer was the end with the eyes logo thing.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I'm not sure, but won't the movie still be in "a Spiderman universe" of some sort?He may not fight Spiderman, but the movie could still reference Spiderman in many ways. Even if Spiderman is only talked about or something ("this is the stuff that attacked Spiderman, right?"), it could still be a frame of reference for why the suit grabs random dude and makes him a spiderman clone.

Really the only thing I liked about the trailer was the end with the eyes logo thing.
    i do believe this is not in the spiderman universe at all as that is the marvel universe now and this is sony. i think he is comply and utterly unrelated to spiderman in any possible way.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i do believe this is not in the spiderman universe at all as that is the marvel universe now and this is sony. i think he is comply and utterly unrelated to spiderman in any possible way.
    Tom Holland has already been seen on set and though Feige tries to downplay it, Sony's rights allow them to use Spider-Man so....not really any way in stopping them from connecting them, just no guarantee it will be the 'same universe' much like AOS has almost no connection anymore other than cameos. In essence Marvel does have all the cards as they can wait it out for success and only include it on their side if it makes money or seems quality.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Sony is retarded, instead of handing over everything to Marvel and letting Marvel make them a boatload of money they've kept some villians like Venom so they can still try to forge ahead with the stupid Sinister Six project.

Hopefully when Venom bombs they'll just give control of everything to Marvel.

Why not ?
    It'll probably do well in Europe. China ... I'm guessing it'll be OK, but not great. I think the movie certainly has legs to keep it going for a few months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    Tom Hardy is not over rated at all. Most brits couldnt even pull off that American accent in the trailer alone nevermind all his other work.

Tom Hardy is a fantastic actor, one of my faves. Too bad he's wasted on this movie. He'd make a great Captain Britain.

dude looks a little small to be a good Brock to me.
    Hes huge! He played Bane in the batman movies. He's one of those rare talents that has the body of an 80's action star and oscar worthy acting chops.
    I think purely Hardy's performance will elevate an otherwise average superhero movie.

Marvel licensed back Spiderman for however many movies, but Sony still has the Spiderman Universe. They can't reference the MCU, but they have all the spiderman characters otherwise. So yeah, they could have Venom dating Gwen Stacy while Rhino fights Hobgoblin in the background if they wanted.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    They can't reference the MCU, but they have all the spiderman characters otherwise. So yeah, they could have Venom dating Gwen Stacy while Rhino fights Hobgoblin in the background if they wanted.
    Be careful, Sony might take you up on that idea ...

Sony is so stupid and arrogant. They had something really promising with the first two Spider-Man movies but of course they had to get greedy and get in Rami's way during Spider-man 3. Venom wasn't even suppose to be in it at all, but Sony thought that having venom in the movie would automatically make it awesome and forced Rami to re-write the script. Even after that, Rami had Venom set up to be the main villain in the Spider-man movie afterwards but Sony of course wanted him in their right away which is why Venom is in the movie for like 5 minutes tops. Spider-Man three could have been a great movie and an even bigger financial success than it was had Sony stayed out of the way, but it was clear that they were more concerned with selling Venom action figures than making quality movies.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Hes huge! He played Bane in the batman movies. He's one of those rare talents that has the body of an 80's action star and oscar worthy acting chops.
    I think purely Hardy's performance will elevate an otherwise average superhero movie.
    i did really like bane but he was kinda short wasn't he?

Deleted
    i did really like bane but he was kinda short wasn't he?
    He's 5 9, I wouldn't call him short.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    He's 5 9, I wouldn't call him short.
    in comparison i mean.

eddie is a pretty huge dude even without venom.