Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I always wonder when it comes to people who think we are cruel to animals in instances like this, have you really seen how animals treat each other? How they hunt? Do you think a Lion or Bear would try to not harm you because it would feel bad? We're animals to, I don't know why we hold ourselves to a different standard.
    It's called being civilized. It's why we don't allow rape, murder, stealing, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    You're arguing the opposite, but require no such thing, you're both on the internet...Help yourself?
    What I'm arguing is that lobsters feeling pain is something that is debated in the scientific community. I even posted a link earlier to a study that suggests they may do indeed feel pain. I do not understand why people are having a hard time comprehending such a thing, or are so hostile to being a little bit kinder. Perhaps it's a coping mechanism to absolve themselves of guilt as they may have boiled them alive in the past, I do not know. What I do know is when they get touchy over something that isn't really supposed to be offensive (being more humane to the animals we eat), there are definitely 2nd thoughts after having a think about it.

Or maybe I am wrong, and they're just a-holes who don't want empathetic people criticising them because they find it annoying and self-righteous.

Deleted
    The amount of edgelords is fucking cringe

Seems rather stupid, they're going to be dead no matter how they die.

yeah, i agree with the ban. it was only a couple years ago that i found out that they do this, and it has always sickened me.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Yeah, let's remove all animal cruelty laws while we're at it too because the animals "are going to die anyway".

Idiot.

Deleted
    So if I think putting a crab in a boiling pot is fine, in your analogy I'm also okay with rape and murder? That's some sweet blanket logic

- - - Updated - - -

Says the guy with shadow in his name
    You're the one that made said the ridiculous

" We're animals to, I don't know why we hold ourselves to a different standard."

Animals do various stuff we ourselves consider illegal so if you're against holding yourself at a higher standard than a Hyena then you're against civility

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Yeah, let's remove all animal cruelty laws while we're at it too because the animals "are going to die anyway".

Idiot.
    If all you can do is take it to the extreme and flame then you don't really have any argument.

Deleted
    Are you saying Singapore doesn't have regulations on slaughterhouses?

this thought process seems rather common place in asia, with the way you guys cook some animals, even things like dogs.

it's about being empathetic to the pain another living being can experience. a quick death from cutting off the head or shooting the brain is much more humane. if you were going to be executed for some thing, would you rather spend your last moments suffering or would you rather the lights just turn off?

I always wonder when it comes to people who think we are cruel to animals in instances like this, have you really seen how animals treat each other? How they hunt? Do you think a Lion or Bear would try to not harm you because it would feel bad? We're animals to, I don't know why we hold ourselves to a different standard.
    Holy shit, are you fucking serious?

Let me give you a hint: We are smarter than a lion or bear, and as as result, have the cognitive ability to feel sorry for others, and to limit pain to others. We wouldn't be able to function as a civilization otherwise.

Do you want to live and act exactly like a lion or bear? Let's see how far you'll get.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Are you saying Singapore doesn't have regulations on slaughterhouses?
    I didn't say anything about any existing laws or regulations.

Deleted
    If all you can do is take it to the extreme and flame then you don't really have any argument.
    Neither do you

For decades we have been killing animals under strict regulations

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    What I'm arguing is that lobsters feeling pain is something that is debated in the scientific community. I even posted a link earlier to a study that suggests they may do indeed feel pain. I do not understand why people are having a hard time comprehending such a thing, or are so hostile to being a little bit kinder. Perhaps it's a coping mechanism to absolve themselves of guilt as they may have boiled them alive in the past, I do not know. What I do know is when they get touchy over something that isn't really supposed to be offensive (being more humane to the animals we eat), there are definitely 2nd thoughts after having a think about it.

Or maybe I am wrong, and they're just a-holes who don't want empathetic people criticising them because they find it annoying and self-righteous.
    I believe they feel pain, but I don't have proof and I don't see the logic of cooking anything alive.

People are scum, so we need hard evidence, if nothing else so we can punish them for being heartless cunts.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Deleted
    I didn't say anything about any existing laws or regulations.
    Then what are you talking about because we're discussing a law and regulation

Sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Then what are you talking about because we're discussing a law and regulation
    You made a thread about how people are calling for boiling crabs and lobsters to be banned, I said that seems rather stupid. That's not any existing law or regulations, so I don't know why you even started talking about existing laws and regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerplank View Post
    No, but I'm most definitely on the side that says fish feel pain. Lobsters, benefit of the doubt.

Because people are selfish (hehe) and only care about fluffy things.
    Pain is fear, and fear is survival.

Animals show pain much different then us, surely for the sake of survival.

I also care about fluffy things, even more than I care about people.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

I am poking fun at your stupid logic.

Being cruel to an animal and saying that's OK because "it's going to die anyway" is disgusting and disturbing on so many levels. Everything ends up dying eventually, that's certainly no justification for causing unnecessary pain.

Deleted
    You made a thread about how people are calling for boiling crabs and lobsters to be banned, I said that seems rather stupid. That's not any existing law or regulations, so I don't know why you even started talking about existing laws and regulations.
    Because you said

"Seems rather stupid, they're going to be dead no matter how they die."

That implies you think it doesn't matter how animals dies because it's going to be dead. That means you must think all slaughter regulations are stupid