Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SethRoguen View Post
    Its going to suck for people who come back when BFA launches though.
    Allied races aren't a selling point for returning or new players. They're to keep players who are subbed right now to continue playing.

It doesn't matter if they were clear or up front. All of the "You can't read!", "You knew for months, dude" and "It only takes a couple weeks!" stuff aside, why exactly do new races have to be behind rep walls to begin with? How does this create a better experience for players overall?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gee.. It's almost at if they give you a 110 to do actually do something with.. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Customhobo View Post
    It doesn't matter if they were clear or up front. All of the "You can't read!", "You knew for months, dude" and "It only takes a couple weeks!" stuff aside, why exactly do new races have to be behind rep walls to begin with? How does this create a better experience for players overall?
    Because the entire system is designed to reward people for playing and earning the additional customization they're interested in rather than hitting buy on a page. I know it's a novel concept that there can be stuff in a video game that you unlock by playing, but I promise you will be okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Allied races aren't a selling point for returning or new players. They're to keep players who are subbed right now to continue playing.
    Problem is not really true. That is the INTENT of how they are locoed

But reality is alot of people will probably see them be interested and want to check em out

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Because the entire system is designed to reward people for playing and earning the additional customization they're interested in rather than hitting buy on a page. I know it's a novel concept that there can be stuff in a video game that you unlock by playing, but I promise you will be okay.
    Why not do what ffxiv did then and offer sub rewards for x amount of time subbed then?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Returnee here yeah it is.

As i keep saying the way they do the rep grind is just insane at least for reach(less rep in almost every way). At LEAST make it a predictable grind or one we can do all day
    and how many months you have still time to get exalted before next expansion is coming out

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You don't have to be rude about this. Of course it's not novel. There is a massive list of content (Including customization options) in WoW that is only accessible or unlocked by playing, rather than hitting buy on a page.

Classes and races are something that bring people back to the game, regardless of what people seem to think. Returning players (Or players who planned to return for BfA) are clearly shocked by the decision. And that's not because "they can't read" or that they think player time and effort shouldn't be rewarded.

This is the first time character gameplay (Racials) have been locked behind a time gate. This a large reason why people are upset, and it's reasonable for players to be confused as to why this is the case now when it has never been that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Customhobo View Post
    How does this create a better experience for players overall?
    It properly introduces players to the races instead of just "here, have a new race". Whether this enhances the experience or not is up to each individual player, but it is a noble goal imo.

I definitely understand the dislike though. I had the same complaints when I bought the first FFXIV expansion; I was pretty upset that I had to do hours worth of old content before I could explore the new areas, classes, etc. In the end though they wanted players to follow the story and it was something I appreciated after the fact. This is reminiscent of that and really isn't that big of a deal honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    and how many months you have still time to get exalted before next expansion is coming out
    You kinda are missing the point..i think alot here are. I could care less about BfA at this point what i am after are the races themselves. I don't raid or go hardcore anymore..potential grinding aside. To some the goal IS the races not bfa

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    It properly introduces players to the races instead of just "here, have a new race". Whether this enhances the experience or not is up to each individual player, but it is a noble goal imo.

I definitely understand the dislike though. I had the same complaints when I bought the first FFXIV expansion; I was pretty upset that I had to do hours worth of old content before I could explore the new areas, classes, etc. In the end though they wanted players to follow the story and it was something I appreciated after the fact. This is reminiscent of that and really isn't that big of a deal honestly.
    As a FFXIV fan slightly dofferent in they also gave you gear abd kept you up to par so you could pretty much run through said story without needing to farm OR be time gated..and no rng

You can dl the story as you please. Nothing was blocking you from going farther

In wows case their is in the rng/time gated rep grind

Deleted
    You kinda are missing the point..i think alot here are. I could care less about BfA at this point what i am after are the races themselves. I don't raid or go hardcore anymore..potential grinding aside. To some the goal IS the races not bfa
    Then go do the requirements, it really isn't that difficult at all. If you want them, do the requirement or don't. You are promised nothing by pre-ordering but the game itself once it is released. It's like when people complain about not having content to do and yet completely refuse to do any themselves. If you refuse to do said requirements to unlock them, then you simply don't deserve to play as said allied race. You don't need to be some raider or go "hardcore". It takes an hour or two a day to do world quests and such to eventually reach exalted status. Really, it's a bare mininum effort, everybody can do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakbilen View Post
    Then go do the requirements, it really isn't that difficult at all. If you want them, do the requirement or don't. You are promised nothing by pre-ordering but the game itself once it is released. It's like when people complain about not having content to do and yet completely refuse to do any themselves. If you refuse to do said requirements to unlock them, then you simply don't deserve to play as said allied race. You don't need to be some raider or go "hardcore". It takes an hour or two a day to do world quests and such to eventually reach exalted status. Really, it's a bare mininum effort, everybody can do it.
    I feel like alot of you guys going everythings fine just cannot read worth a damn.

I AM doing them i HAVE been doing them and it is NOT a good system.

It is based on rng to compensate for sub par rep per world quest with very few spawning and no ways to actually grind.

As i KEEP saying just give people a way to grind rep. Be it tied to a dungeon, certain mobs grabting limited rep, a rep tabard of old SOMETHING to make it less rng.

And i KNOW of alts and mission tables again RNG LOCKED STUFF

And alts to do argussian reach dailies to get said token need to do the entire argus storyline. .on how many alts?

I am FINE rep grinding hell i am a bloodsail admiral and i suspect you know the level of grinding THAT took.

What i cannot stabd is the goddamn rng/timegated style of it. My army of light reps nearly done while argussian reach is still 9k at peast away. I was able to farm AoL tokens on alts no issue..not seen an argus one more then one or two times.

I also get alot of army of light missions..very few argussian reach.

Plus very few argussian reach world quests.

In short rng is fucking me and others over. If not for darkmoon and this being diplomat week i doubt i would be half as far as i am.

So no it is not a good system it is unpredictable with no way to compensate for shit luck.

Just let us no lofer returnees/new players actually grind rep.

Buuut all these systems fibe replies ignore people being ok with unlocks ignore that we are saying the way you get rep for argus is flawed and nothing but an rng timegate..

No other expansion except maybe warlords was so timegated and i wasn't here for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post

I fail to see how doing the same world quest 30+ times, or sending off for token missions on my alts introduces me to the new races.

The questlines? Sure, those are awesome. They do a great job of what you're describing. Those should have been the only requirements to unlock the races. If you really want to push it, you could say that you also had to complete the Argus storyline. Not grind a bunch of repetitive content that has little to do with what you actually want to play.

While it may be up to the individual player, I think the amount of negative response is a pretty clear indicator that this is a generally worse experience for players compared to what has been done in the past. I don't remember many players complaining that they weren't properly introduced to Goblins and Worgens when they played them. I also don't remember players giving the feedback that having the content locked behind a grind would be a better experience for them.

Deleted
    Not really.
    If we could at least grind for it would be better but they do not even let us do that
    it IS the right design - especially now that it has been nerved so HARD that even Kin Tor Emesary, doing invasions(, walking on argus /s) gives you AoL/AR rep tokens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I'm talking about new players not me.
    ah the grasping strawmen argument "new players". the rep gate will stay and thus new players have something to WORK forward instead of getting everything handed.

- - - Updated - - -

Their is no calculator no way to really grind no way to farm rep. It is all rng and THAT is the issue.
    that is so wrong. But to know how wrong you are you had to actually PLAY the game.
    They need to add rep to burning throne or triumverate at least
    no they dont and they shouldnt.

I mean they really should have unlocked as a perk to the expansion. How many people really want to deal with the rep nonsense. Heck I played during the expansion and I didn't even want to do it. World quests are the bane of my existance. I'd rather give up a testicle than another expansion of that bullshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I totally expect that by the time you can buy a physical box of the game, all rep requirements for the new races will NOT be removed and you'll need BfA for them.
    fixed your flaw.

I personally dont see an issue with having them be rep gated while the content is current, but I do think that our current 4 being unlocked on BfAs launch day is fair. Going forward I think allied races should remain gated during the time their expansion is current.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    It's Blizzard's new idea of content.... Legion 2.0 is now in beta.
    is that irony? vanilla had THE worst rep grinds

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    fixed your flaw.
    There was no flaw.

I fully expect that if a new player buys the box in October (ie: after the release date) that they'll be able to have their choice of all current plus the four allied races. If any restriction, then they may have to level a toon to 20 before they can create an allied race toon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    it IS the right design - especially now that it has been nerved so HARD that even Kin Tor Emesary, doing invasions(, walking on argus /s) gives you AoL/AR rep tokens.

- - - Updated - - -

ah the grasping strawmen argument "new players". the rep gate will stay and thus new players have something to WORK forward instead of getting everything handed.

- - - Updated - - -

that is so wrong. But to know how wrong you are you had to actually PLAY the game.
    no they dont and they shouldnt.
    See you guys don't get it i AM playing almost revered with light now due to LUCK

Gotten at least 2 light tokens in wq this week and 2 light daily wq things. It pumped my loght through the roof.

My argussian reach? Still low.

I can and was mathing out wq. About 100+ if i did it right but the token and rng of quests mucks that up.

The fact you all cannot see it is baffling.

I do not see ANYBODY saying requirements must be gone. The degree of requirements yeah debatable.

I for one get the people who say just story

Personally if they made it so argussian reach was nit almost half the rep of army of light for some or could be higher. It is the rng mixed with timegating that is the issue to alot of us.

Buut i notice alot if you "it us fine as is" folks seem to be ignoring alot of us saying it is a bad system or just denying it even when we say we are fine with or eveb WANT to grind instead of being blocked.

Oh anr personally i don't consider watching my phone and managing an app "playing"

Wq are done fast then i am forced to wait. No way to just grind it out as i keep saying. I have to hope i get a rep token to pop or the faction i need to pop a daily wq. And for me argussian reach tokems are fucking rare as is anything that grants them rep. It is insanely imbalanced.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2018-02-09 at 10:00 PM.

God forbid you have to work for a few weeks to unlock something. I´m not elitist at all but this catering to crybabies is disgusting.