Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    This particular thread drove me to dust of the 901 warrior I drifted away from and gear up a bit, I have all classes at 110 and am raiding mythic on my main a disc priest 968. My Dk can tank a +15 with any affix and just can’t die it’s only 929 with 62traits the DH is 931 and 70 traits and I would say the same, both are not going to die and pretty much cruise through with out drama. The monk is a pain and I don’t like playing it, 935 and to healer dependant and my Druid although 957 is boring as it comes when tanking and brain dead if my opinion

So back to my reply, the warrior. There’s way to much bitching about this tank, today I did a +10 maw of souls with a pug group at 924 item level with no tier and 24% haste. It was absolutely fine, didn’t die had loads of mitigation and my health bar hardly moved, granted it’s not a +15 but then I’m not geared for it with 6.8m health. I don’t see the problem with the tank I now plan to make this my main alt over the Druid as it was engaging and fun to plan out each pack and how I was going to roll my CDS through it and the next few packs.

The grass always seems greener but blood and dh’s are so dull to play and if you want an aneurism play a Druid or be a snowflake and play a monk, personally I thank you guys for pushing me to get back to the warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by theboycooper View Post
    This particular thread drove me to dust of the 901 warrior I drifted away from and gear up a bit, I have all classes at 110 and am raiding mythic on my main a disc priest 968. My Dk can tank a +15 with any affix and just can’t die it’s only 929 with 62traits the DH is 931 and 70 traits and I would say the same, both are not going to die and pretty much cruise through with out drama. The monk is a pain and I don’t like playing it, 935 and to healer dependant and my Druid although 957 is boring as it comes when tanking and brain dead if my opinion

So back to my reply, the warrior. There’s way to much bitching about this tank, today I did a +10 maw of souls with a pug group at 924 item level with no tier and 24% haste. It was absolutely fine, didn’t die had loads of mitigation and my health bar hardly moved, granted it’s not a +15 but then I’m not geared for it with 6.8m health. I don’t see the problem with the tank I now plan to make this my main alt over the Druid as it was engaging and fun to plan out each pack and how I was going to roll my CDS through it and the next few packs.

The grass always seems greener but blood and dh’s are so dull to play and if you want an aneurism play a Druid or be a snowflake and play a monk, personally I thank you guys for pushing me to get back to the warrior.
    Each person will have different opinion / feelings depending on personal preferences and content they're doing. For example in casual content I find the monk tank easy to play and a bit boring, while another player who does more challenging content on their monk could find it more complicated to play, because these nuances are not necessary to know in easier content. I think the biggest downside for a casual player of a warrior tank is lack of spammable 360 degree aoe, it's easier to hold aggro when you can just spam thrash / swipe or consecration or rushing jade wind and so forth. My monk is quite undergeared and last week I went into mythic +12 with similarly undergeared healer and since it was necrotic I had to resolve to rolling around and spamming keg smash to slow the mobs chasing me, but it worked, I didn't lose aggro and the range on it is quite long. Now if I was on my warrior, I don't think I would manage to do the same with similar gear. I'm really sad ravager is as weak as it is now because except thunder clap there's no other full aoe ability.

But for different people different things are fun and important.

So far it seems Blizzard is gonna give rallying cry back to tank warriors and not only dps ones, so that's one step towards giving warriors some utility, because that's something they lack atm.

Deleted

The problem is what others pointed out earlier: Same gear, same skill (shown by M+ score, even with addon if you use it) a dh/dk/druid will won in the lfg queue over a warrior. And as you say dk/dh "can't die".

My personal record in M+ so far is a 2 chest +19 upper Kara, you can see the rest on raider.io. I don't play any other toon, but I see, I know that currently a warrior is just a warrior and they are not welcome in higher level runs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Each person will have different opinion / feelings depending on personal preferences and content they're doing. For example in casual content I find the monk tank easy to play and a bit boring, while another player who does more challenging content on their monk could find it more complicated to play, because these nuances are not necessary to know in easier content. I think the biggest downside for a casual player of a warrior tank is lack of spammable 360 degree aoe, it's easier to hold aggro when you can just spam thrash / swipe or consecration or rushing jade wind and so forth. My monk is quite undergeared and last week I went into mythic +12 with similarly undergeared healer and since it was necrotic I had to resolve to rolling around and spamming keg smash to slow the mobs chasing me, but it worked, I didn't lose aggro and the range on it is quite long. Now if I was on my warrior, I don't think I would manage to do the same with similar gear. I'm really sad ravager is as weak as it is now because except thunder clap there's no other full aoe ability.

But for different people different things are fun and important.

So far it seems Blizzard is gonna give rallying cry back to tank warriors and not only dps ones, so that's one step towards giving warriors some utility, because that's something they lack atm.
    I agree, I just have to adapt to each dungeon, each situation to know when to use TC, when to delay my AoE abilities a bit to have maximum effect, while other classes just mash the button and win.

On necrotic, you can use the shoulder legendary for extra leaps, Warbringer talent for stun that is not on dr with the other stuns. But these need more coordination, specific group to build to be successful at harder keys. While e.g. the monk you mentioned is just easily manage the situation with basic abilities with no sweat.

+10 has a +136% hp/damage modifier, +15 already +280%. +10 drops 915 loot, so with 924 you're technically overgearing it. What you are experiencing is pretty much what I described earlier in the thread: in low damage situations the mobs will not get through your IP most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Dont need to read past that,you dont know what youre talking about, you are wrong, you probably started after wotlk
    Lmao yeah ok, have fun running oom as a paladin and not having a taunt. The only other class that could tank was a bear, and that was only after SPECIFIC GEAR way deep into BWL & AQ. And still, 99% of raiding population used a group of warrior tanks.

While it's great to hear you're playing (imo one of the more fun tanks to play) your warrior again, but this thread really isn't talking about keys like 10's or even 15's. The problem really arises in around 20+ where there's only one tank spot, and you need a niche to be considered for these runs. Currently our only niche is spell reflect which is good for upper kara but not much else. Another minor case is warbringer stun being off the DR, and safeguard being a 30% DR for an ally,

Abilities like death grip, avenger's shield, DH sigils, spellward/bop, sac etc etc aren't just for the tank, they benefit the whole group. It's an important distinction in that we CAN do the content, but we don't bring anything new to the group.

I love my warrior, and he continues to be my main, but it's important to realise class limits and weaknesses and currently we do suffer from a huge lack of utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Rybie View Post
    While it's great to hear you're playing (imo one of the more fun tanks to play) your warrior again, but this thread really isn't talking about keys like 10's or even 15's. The problem really arises in around 20+ where there's only one tank spot, and you need a niche to be considered for these runs. Currently our only niche is spell reflect which is good for upper kara but not much else. Another minor case is warbringer stun being off the DR, and safeguard being a 30% DR for an ally,

Abilities like death grip, avenger's shield, DH sigils, spellward/bop, sac etc etc aren't just for the tank, they benefit the whole group. It's an important distinction in that we CAN do the content, but we don't bring anything new to the group.

I love my warrior, and he continues to be my main, but it's important to realise class limits and weaknesses and currently we do suffer from a huge lack of utility.
    this is not only the case with prot warrior

the whole class lacks utility or movement or cc. Like why you have to pick between a 5sec stun or double charge (20sec cd!!) as arms or fury

Lets be honest,i play my warrior since 2006 when i started and never changed him,my opinion of what is going on with us compare to other classes is that warriors are really hard to balance,remember this phrase? "when warriors are having fun noone else does" and its true, balancing warrior isnt easy cause of how we are made skill/talent wise,a buff that seems small for other classes is huge for us !
    I think blizz stopped touching us (as we can see in the last 2-3 patches we are nowhere :P ) cause they are mostly scared X)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Lets be honest,i play my warrior since 2006 when i started and never changed him,my opinion of what is going on with us compare to other classes is that warriors are really hard to balance,remember this phrase? "when warriors are having fun noone else does" and its true, balancing warrior isnt easy cause of how we are made skill/talent wise,a buff that seems small for other classes is huge for us !
    I think blizz stopped touching us (as we can see in the last 2-3 patches we are nowhere :P ) cause they are mostly scared X)
    I saw a post recently about a DK complaining about that our dps is better than Blood DK dps, and he can't understand how it can be possible. Spoiled brats and their superhero classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    I saw a post recently about a DK complaining about that our dps is better than Blood DK dps, and he can't understand how it can be possible. Spoiled brats and their superhero classes.
    Yeah i wrote in that post that this was a L2P issue :P, the DK really didnt wanted any conversation he wanted to whine about his poor class vs warriors ^^, people will never try to ask for improvments for their class they will always ask for nerfs on other classes and maybe this is what happens with warriors aswell :P lets just hope in the next expansion we will get something to be more useful in m+ and raids

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Yeah i wrote in that post that this was a L2P issue :P, the DK really didnt wanted any conversation he wanted to whine about his poor class vs warriors ^^, people will never try to ask for improvments for their class they will always ask for nerfs on other classes and maybe this is what happens with warriors aswell :P lets just hope in the next expansion we will get something to be more useful in m+ and raids
    We could have some kind of cr ability with this Val'kyr themed class hall and story. Ingvar the Plunderer in UK is also a good example of some kind of second life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    We could have some kind of cr ability with this Val'kyr themed class hall and story. Ingvar the Plunderer in UK is also a good example of some kind of second life.
    Id rather have some type of heroism spell tbh :P i would love to see hordes getting pissed off at losing the name of bloodlust skill and we take it as baseline (it wont happen though) i wouldnt mind a cr though ^^ .
    Also its strange that fury get odyn blessed weapons and not having 2 raven pets as their on use ability ^^

Deleted
    Well, in bfa we're getting defensive stacne back (also increasing stamina which will hopefully fix our lowest HP pool)
    Also we will still have AoE stuns (Shockwave) and warbringer (it it doesn't get nerfed, it might be quite OP utility in m+)
    Rallying Cry is back for prot so we have Raid utility and also class buffs (Battle shout buffed to 10% str/agi)

DK, DH and Monk might get a bit screwed since they rely heavy on their artifact traits while warriors have really mediocre traits (not counting dps ones)

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    IMO the problem is that it doesn't scale with the content you're doing respectively the damage you take. That leads to mobs not getting through IP in low damage situations, while IP is gone instantly in high damage situations. It's just bad ability design, and it seems to be pretty clear that they didn't have M+ in mind at all when they designed IP.
    It should have really had an internal resolve like trait. The harder you get hit the higher it stacks/more per use, so on raid bosses it's not like lol you had a shield, poof! But in 15+ or lower it's like, oh what, you wanted to hit me through my shield? No ty.

They panic'd in EN when it was stupid high, and just gutted it. If it would scale to always do a % base stacking like 3 times no matter what content you were doing, then it would be interesting.