Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    Blizzard has lied to us time and time again and if their willing to lie to their customers then I wouldn’t
    be the least bit surprised if they lied to their investors.

You white knights are so gullible it’s amazing.
    And if you seriously believe that then I don't know what to say.

You realize lying to your investors to gain money/new investors is one of many forms of Securities fraud yes?

Now again please explain where they full on lied to you by making a promise they did not keep. Hint- game companies most of the time don't because something can occur in development to delay or potentially halt said development.

But I'm obviously wasting my time here so let this be my only response to you.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-09 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloswin View Post
    Al Bundy..... Married with Children... No Ma'am.
    Cant expect todays Tide Pod eating, stove arm burning, spoonful of cinnamon challenge kids to understand a classic TV show

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post

Thoughts?
    My thoughts are you're angry they aren't spoon feeding you metrics that you can turn around, twist, and otherwise misrepresent to justify your own personal brand of blizz bashing.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2018-02-09 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    What is there to discuss, really? You took the Blizzard Call Earnings and added your own opinion to it and tried to say "This is what they really said, you just don't see it!"
    I'm not certain you understand the base concept of a discussion........

It's interesting to see how many people are jumping to conclusions based on interpretation of a business earnings announcement, but without any real information or data.

Personally, I'm happy that the company is doing good overall. They are still supporting WoW, and I like playing WoW, so all is good for me The fact that Legion had a lot of content indicates (to me) that they are still putting quite a bit of resources into the game. So, I don't think there is any indication or reason to think that WoW is dying yet. Once content continually drains down, then I will start worrying. Until then, I just play the game and enjoy my time in it.

-Great? I love to see new franchises excel, just unfortunate it has to come at the expense of their other established stuff (looking at you Diablo and Warcraft)
    How so? the release of content/speed its coming out for wow has been the best its been in a long time

Diablo3... the forgotten game rip, basically got WoD treatment and just making d4 instead of improving the current game

It's clear, ever since the Battlenet launcher, that one of the goals of Blizzard was to cultivate a gaming community or culture. Not just gamers, but Blizzard gamers. We all play different games, and take breaks from WoW from time to time, so it makes sense that Blizzard's business strategy is to grow their market share with those users. I think they have been very successful in that regard.. more so they any other studio that I can think of. So it totally makes sense that you are seeing "Users" at a total number on the report. That is how Blizzard is approaching the market, you are not just a WoW player, but when you take a break.. you may play overwatch.. or play Hearthstone in the bathroom at work *Cough*, but it doesn't really matter to them which game you are playing, because you will jump around, but as long as they are Blizzard games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    -Great? I love to see new franchises excel, just unfortunate it has to come at the expense of their other established stuff (looking at you Diablo and Warcraft)

Thoughts?
    I have to agree here. I think it's awesome that Overwatch is booming. But I REALLY don't want them to abandon their other franchises. Supposedly there's a Diablo 4 coming some time in the future, going by the job listings that have been rotating through Blizzard's website. But who really knows?

I know they're a business and they have to chase the money, but I just hope they don't forget where they came from and what made them great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Because Activision Blizzard prefer to avoid telling the truth. That doesn't make them lying fucks, but it's close.
    And most of the people in this thread is the cause of why WoW went downhill.
    except you cant lie to your investors and you have no reason to know any of that shit from the calling, unless you are a investor and chaces are, you are not
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriexo View Post
    Omg, i'm so sorry, i did not know you are mentally retarded? I am horribly sorry!
    Are you fucking nuts?

You couldn't tell the difference btw the two.

"Maybe i'm stupid but how is "what is there to discuss" not implying "this is not worth discussing"?

"Maybe i'm stupid". Yep.

Do some research on the English language before you spout bs.

Adios Frendo.
    Last edited by Heeresman; 2018-02-10 at 08:13 AM.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Are you fucking nuts?

You couldn't tell the difference btw the two.

"Maybe i'm stupid but how is "what is there to discuss" not implying "this is not worth discussing"?

"Maybe i'm stupid". Yep.

Do some research on the English language before you spout bs.

Adios Frendo.
    You're also a virgin i see xDDDD i'm sorry bruh.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You realize there are games still using the sub model with less players than WoW and survive just fine yes?

Until this game is literally dead in the water it's not going anywhere.
    u do realize those games are nothing like wow, btw there are more ppl that play CoD for example than wow, does that make cod suddenly better with far more deeper lore ? or just a yearly clone of itself where most 12 years old that fucked my and urs and everyones mom play ? here as bouns a photo of actual team of CoD players http://i.imgur.com/uKxm3rq.jpg
    calling games that have a base player of 100k like for example Runescape a 'good' mmo game means u never played it, the game is very P2W - far more than wow - model, and it consist of whales and ppl who has no other choice
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    u do realize those games are nothing like wow, btw there are more ppl that play CoD for example than wow, does that make cod suddenly better with far more deeper lore ? or just a yearly clone of itself where most 12 years old that fucked my and urs and everyones mom play ? here as bouns a photo of actual team of CoD players http://i.imgur.com/uKxm3rq.jpg
    calling games that have a base player of 100k like for example Runescape a 'good' mmo game means u never played it, the game is very P2W - far more than wow - model, and it consist of whales and ppl who has no other choice
    Is CoD suddenly a full subscription game?

I don't think so.

Now let me put it to you in simple terms. WoW will still be here in 10 years time if it is profitable. Hell 20 years time.

There are games that use the sub model coming up 15 years old still going just fine.

And please "no choice"? You always have a choice to play or not play a game. Nobody is making you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    This is the kind of echo chamber stupidity I was referring to before. This kid has no idea what makes a quarterly earnings statement but he thinks he is smart because he has a contrarian position.

In the U.S., truth in earnings statements is required because it's the cornerstone of our most successful in the world capitalist system. This is why executives at publicly traded companies are held personally responsible for the reflection of truth in the official quarterly statements. They are fined massively and/or criminally prosecuted for intentionally misleading statements. What you are suggesting is frankly stupid. This isn't Enron. There is no reason for these guys to risk going to jail, getting fined and face shareholder lawsuits. So stupid.

And yeah, WoW is so downhill, it's basically done. Pretty much nobody plays anymore. LOL so stupid.

As I said, you're part of the problem as far as WoW is concerned, kiddo.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't think so.

Now let me put it to you in simple terms. WoW will still be here in 10 years time if it is profitable. Hell 20 years time.

There are games that use the sub model coming up 15 years old still going just fine.

And please "no choice"? You always have a choice to play or not play a game. Nobody is making you.
    check the first comment in this thread, it was a talk about the 'playtime' of all activision/blizz games, so yes CoD is counted and included since it has more playtime than wow, and since a juggernaut like Candy Crush is counted in all those '50 min', i really question how much all blizz games playtime are, because mobile games tend to have far more playtime than pc/console games for the simple reason that they are mobile
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

The answer is simple. If blizzard refuses to release sub numbers, then use warcraftrealms numbers. Ignore anyone who tries to attack warcraftrealms numbers because we need a baseline to discuss the popularity of wow and its the best one we have.

It is a ridiculous notion that we cant discuss how popular games are because how is anyone supposed to develop future games if no one has any idea which games are popular and which are not?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The only cirkle jerk going on here is all the usual suspects being out in force trying to denounce official figures to support their own agenda/burning wish that WoW is dead because they themselves feel that it is on a personal level.

I wonder how many retards have used the warcraftrealms-argument to support their desperation thus far in this thread.

Meanwhile, anyone logging in to play right now should be able to see just how busy the game is. It's 1 AM and there's competition for mobs around Raven Hill, the cities are bustling...

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think so.

The way some return year after year with the same song, one could be forgiven for believing that they actually have a Blizzard employee standing behind them with a gun and forcing them to keep playing and caring about the game even though it's so "objectively bad!" these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    It's interesting to see how many people are jumping to conclusions based on interpretation of a business earnings announcement, but without any real information or data.

Personally, I'm happy that the company is doing good overall. They are still supporting WoW, and I like playing WoW, so all is good for me The fact that Legion had a lot of content indicates (to me) that they are still putting quite a bit of resources into the game. So, I don't think there is any indication or reason to think that WoW is dying yet. Once content continually drains down, then I will start worrying. Until then, I just play the game and enjoy my time in it.
    Exactly, well put and a sound attitude.

Having access to sub numbers each quarters, didn't stop these people from trying to twist any positives to actually be a sign of Blizzard "lying" or inflating sub numbers.

Now that they don't have access to the only metric simple enough for them to understand, they turn to "dismantling" (akin to how a chimp dismantles a rocket engine) official metrics given as well as to shitty third party sources to support the "WoW is dying because of X reason, fix X reason!!"-narrative.

And if you seriously believe that then I don't know what to say.

You realize lying to your investors to gain money/new investors is one of many forms of Securities fraud yes?

Now again please explain where they full on lied to you by making a promise they did not keep. Hint- game companies most of the time don't because something can occur in development to delay or potentially halt said development.

But I'm obviously wasting my time here so let this be my only response to you.
    And of course big companies always tell the truth

Enron
    Bernard Madoff
    Volkswagen
    Banks
    etc.....
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    And of course big companies always tell the truth

Enron
    Bernard Madoff
    Volkswagen
    Banks
    etc.....
    Never said they didn't but pretty sure at least the 2 I know of faced consequences. Maybe they were minor for the company (well not in Enrons case) but if you really want to believe Blizzard are lying to their investors over a video game then go for it.

Let's face it this thread is just literally using something as minor as an investors report to jump on the "let's get Blizzard/Activision Blizzard" bandwagon. Which happens every quarter to the point we could call it a tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    So basically "I'm angry because blizzard posted their call, but I want WoW information, not Blizzard information, and Blizzard is bad for not focusing on one of their smaller segments"
    Uh no, this is actually a strategy that major corporations have adopted all over the place. Essentially they communicate less specific information about the success of their products at these earning calls because to the general public it makes their brand look stronger than they actually are, and that does actually convince more people to keep buying their stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    except you cant lie to your investors and you have no reason to know any of that shit from the calling, unless you are a investor and chaces are, you are not
    Umm, Blizzard is not a start up. they do not have investors that's a thing that exists for NEW businesses, not established major corporate entities with billions in revenue. Seriously, what the fuck are you people even on? I think the term you mean is SHAREHOLDERS. GET THIS, the SHAREHOLDERS don't get the watered down version of this report, they get all the details.
    Last edited by Mjolknerd; 2018-02-11 at 01:32 AM.