Poll: Rate Patch: 7.3.5

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Fucking HATE the experience changes. Doing dungeons is my favorite part of the game, I shouldn't
    be forced to do non-dungeons if I want to level quickly.
    If you love dungeons - now you get to do even more of them! You should be thanking Blizzard jk....I know what you really meant.

the problem isn't slow leveling, vanilla leveling is much slower but i played private servers for 12+ hours a day not that long ago and had a blast doing it, the problem is that the game is so boring while leveling that playing for an hour feels like 4 hours, it's just mindless grinding, you only get a talent choice every 15 levels, you never feel stronger because the mobs level with you, it's a nice idea but it just made the whole process feels so slow and boring.

the real shitty part is i feel like they did it on purpose, they made leveling slow and INSANELY boring, removed the 300% potions(you can still buy some on ah, but it's not worth it imo), removed the raf bonus, and the entire intent behind it seems to me is to sell as many boosts as possible. when the option is to put an insane amount of time being bored out of your mind or just spending $60 i choose spending the money every time, and im only leveling the new tauren for the armor, and after the experience im going through atm i will never be leveling another character unless it gets significantly faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    If you love dungeons - now you get to do even more of them!
    I mean, I *like* that they've made them scale, so at least you end up having more options as opposed
    to before, where there was a smaller and smaller amount of dungeons available, but damn...I should
    not be getting more exp just doing a daily Crown Chemical Co. run then doing a normal dungeon.

Fucking HATE the experience changes. Doing dungeons is my favorite part of the game, I shouldn't
    be forced to do non-dungeons if I want to level quickly.
    Dungeon spamming is only marginally slower wirh an average group. With a good group that can chain pull and avoid unnecessary fights, it's probably actually faster.

Running one dungeon and getting 2-3 levels was broken.

Personally I like it. Allows me to slooooooooooooooooow down as my fellow Pandarens would say. Also makes leveling professions as you level a little bit easier. Only problem is that prof mats are bound to their pre 7.3.5 zones. So if you need fel iron, you need to go to outland for example. Even though you wanna go to Northrend at 58.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I *like* that they've made them scale, so at least you end up having more options as opposed
    to before, where there was a smaller and smaller amount of dungeons available, but damn...I should
    not be getting more exp just doing a daily Crown Chemical Co. run then doing a normal dungeon.
    Crown Chemical Co is only up for 2 or so weeks. probably why it gives more exp. Also you can't get the mount until you are 98, which drops the bonus xp from doing it.

Loved it in the old world zones, I finally got to experience a lot of the quests I've previously out quested since Cata.

But...I just got to Outland/Northrend and wow it seems significantly slower than what I was just clearing. Not bad per say, but I don't have as much desire to play through these. I also didn't know both xpac continents still had level requirements to them. I was hoping to jump into Blades Edge rather than Hellfire/Zangar (since that's my usual leveling route), only to find out that Blades was still 65-80. Kind of a bummer.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeky View Post
    Seems like a re-hash of every other negative thread against the latest patch.
    Yay, a repackaged thread on the same issue we've had threads about for weeks /golfclap

OT: I give it a 8. But I love all the features and new races. These are some of the most exciting things to me.
    Here is something to believe in!

It's nice that you can actually stay in a zone and complete it. I'm really indifferent about them making leveling taking longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how i can go almost wherever i want at any level and finish the zone.
    We all have favorite zones and would rather we played in those.
    So thats a good thing.

As for the harder/longer part...
    I'm now leveling a warlock.
    It still seems fine, cause last time i leveled an alt without a bot was: a mage in Vanilla, and a shaman in Cata.

I havent leveled too many toons in the expansions. I mostly work with the free-boost token from pre-orders.
    I always found leveling in WoW(and most mmos) very boring, a huge drag, a chore, almost like working an unpleasant job.
    Pointless running around, quest pickups and deliveries, immerseless walls of text without any voiceover, and all that.

Blizzard should really take a look at GW2.
    As far as leveling goes, it is the only game where i found it very enjoyable.
    Mind-puzzles, jumping-puzzles, no pickups, to deliveries, no chains you might miss out on.
    You get into a zone, pop-up vid on the side, npc tells you what's the situation in the zone.
    Then you just interract/react on what is happening around you at each place, and it turns out it was a quest!
    Pop-up vid explains the epilogue of the quest, you recieve the item.
    Basically, not a chore, but fun.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2018-02-10 at 08:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Dungeon spamming is only marginally slower wirh an average group. With a good group that can chain pull and avoid unnecessary fights, it's probably actually faster.
    Not at all. With the scaling increase, mobs take a lot more damage (and also dish out) a lot more. Dungeons if anything,
    require you to be more methodical in your approach compared to before. This also means that certain dungeons with
    mobs in close proximity to one another can quickly lead to a wipe if the group isn't careful. Feels more like dungeons of
    an older time period. Not as slow, but certainly slow.

Running one dungeon and getting 2-3 levels was broken.
    No it wasn't. You would only get such massive boosts in level if you were lvl 15 and did your first dungeon, which would
    net you at least 2-3 levels. Once you hit the mid 20's, you would only gain 1 level+ per run, if your party did every single
    bonus boss, pull a lot of mobs, and you were at fully rested exp. You certainly weren't gaining 2+ levels once you hit the
    30's and up.

The only one thing people did to lvl quickly was using the BRD exploit, which only worked until you hit your dungeon
    cap. But that was fine, since in the late 40's to early 50's, there are horribly low dungeon options available, and most
    people wanted to get out of BRD's section asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Crown Chemical Co is only up for 2 or so weeks. probably why it gives more exp. Also you can't get the mount until you are 98, which drops the bonus xp from doing it.
    Yeah don't remind me. Such a retarded fucking decision on their part, with no good reason for doing so.

I leveled back in vanilla and tbc. That was slow lvling. This is a nice pace. I can get a bunch of lvls each day. I would want them to increase the xp from dungeons a bit though. I found the old lvling so stupid. I still kill things fast, but not with one spell, which is nice. I have heard people say they use 30 sec killing a mob and all I can think is that they are really freaking bad at this game. Unless you use nothing but auto attack that should not be possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I hate it. Thankfully there are ways around it without paying Blizzard money for a boost like they want you to. Pity I didn't know about them until my Void Elf was already over level 100.

Outland, Northrend and the broken isles should be nuked from existence. Horrible questing experiences, the lot of them. The first two due to being outdated and the latter due to the sheer boredom and unimaginative zones/quests/plotlines.

If not for allied races 7.3.5 would be the worst patch in the history of the game.

Zone scaling is actually pretty neat. The amount of experience you need to level is pretty bad. Unfortunately, the negative aspects outweigh the positive aspects imo. The change hasn’t made me want to level other characters, which I sort of feel was the point of the change.

I just hit lvl50 with my Lightforged Draenei (Heritage armor in mind) and I agree, its longer than before, even with full heirloom (giving about +50% Exp). If I fully clear a zone, I might get 2-3 lvl, where before I was getting 3-4 without completing the zone. The good part of it, is that now wherever I go, I can exp. Once Im able to fly in BC, it should go faster.

Not at all. With the scaling increase, mobs take a lot more damage (and also dish out) a lot more. Dungeons if anything,
    require you to be more methodical in your approach compared to before. This also means that certain dungeons with
    mobs in close proximity to one another can quickly lead to a wipe if the group isn't careful. Feels more like dungeons of
    an older time period. Not as slow, but certainly slow.
    I've done dungeons of all levels as a tank. You can still pull several groups at once if your DPS and healer are on the ball. It takes actually paying attention and using your abilities, but it can be done pretty damn fast, especially if you stick to the shorter dungeons instead of just queuing for random.

Will you be able to get such results with random people in a random dungeon? Of course not. But that's my point. You have to take control and use your brain while leveling now. You can't just sit back and expect breakneck speeds while semi-AFK like before. As I said, the previous system was broken. The primary reason why people are bitching now is because they actually have to play the game instead of facerolling your way to cap.

No it wasn't. You would only get such massive boosts in level if you were lvl 15 and did your first dungeon, which would
    net you at least 2-3 levels. Once you hit the mid 20's, you would only gain 1 level+ per run, if your party did every single
    bonus boss, pull a lot of mobs, and you were at fully rested exp. You certainly weren't gaining 2+ levels once you hit the
    30's and up.
    Exibit A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdAgCrH76oo

Now, not everyone had access to such excessive resources. But even so it really wasn't that hard for even an average player to stack up various benefits and get many levels per run.

Was this what everyone was doing? Probably not. Bu the game allowed it, and according to the guy I've been arguing with for the past week, he's leveled up so many times that he can't stomach it anymore, and is a 10+ year veteran. I'm sure he had the capability and resources to do exactly what that video illustrated.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-02-10 at 06:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I've done dungeons of all levels as a tank. You can still pull several groups at once if your DPS and healer are on the ball. It takes actually paying attention and using your abilities, but it can be done pretty damn fast, especially if you stick to the shorter dungeons instead of just queuing for random.
    I've done all roles with all classes. Yes, playing a tank is fast because it is the most requested role. If you're a dps though, which I mainly
    enjoy playing, its a long crawl up. Even though que times have improved from what the were when LFG was first introduced, you wait time
    varied drastically.

Even with an intelligent group, it's still not as cut and dry as you're making it out to be. It certainly depends on the tank you bring. A Warrior
    can do it, sure. But a Brewmaster Monk? Not at low levels hell no. Timewalking used to be a breeze. Now? It really depends on which tank
    and healer you bring. Brewmasters had a helluva hard time on Hellfire Citadel.

You have to take control and use your brain while leveling now. You can't just sit back and expect breakneck speeds while semi-AFK like before.
    The primary reason why people are bitching now is because they actually have to play the game instead of facerolling your way to cap.
    It was definitely a scaling issue. Once you entered a dungeon and your gear was the following expansion's content level, it was a MAJOR
    leg up over the previous content. You were not only taking less damage but you were dishing out even more, despite only a level or two
    difference from yourself and the mobs you were fighting. Hence why people were lax, because they outgeared it very early on.

Now they don't, much to their surprise. "Semi-afk" and the like is a bit of an exaggeration.

Terrible example.

1) These elixirs are no longer available. Especially the one that lasts for 1 hour.

Secondly, the elixir you'll see in the AH is only good for 15 min. Although you could
    get a significant boost from it, it took considerable time to farm, and overall, is nowhere
    near being as effective as the former. Unless you bought a shit ton of these things, it
    wasn't worth it to use them for dungeon runs. Mostly because it took time to get into
    one, and depending on the length of the dungeon, it'd run out before you got to
    complete it. Also, IIRC, if you died, you lost it. So there was that risk too.

I should also note that things potions only worked until lvl 85.

2) The person used Recruit a Friend, the whole purpose of it being a way for new players
    to catch up with their already max-level friends.

I should also note that this only worked until lvl 90.

Now, not everyone had access to such excessive resources. But even so it really wasn't that hard for even an average player to stack up various benefits and get many levels per run.
    I think you're overestimating the ease of which players do this. I think only the most persistent min/maxer would climb super fast
    in a short time. For most average/casual players, they simply bought the heirlooms, use the exp buffs of whatever event was happening
    that month whenever they were available, and if they got one or so potions, great. But they took their time getting to max level.

I've done all roles with all classes. Yes, playing a tank is fast because it is the most requested role. If you're a dps though, which I mainly enjoy playing, its a long crawl up. Even though que times have improved from what the were when LFG was first introduced, you wait time
    varied drastically.
    Oh I'll freely agree that it's not perfect. Some classes get better abilities sooner than other. I was mainly saying what could be done, not necessarily what WILL be done all the time.

That's definitely something Blizzard should iron out. Which I expect they will when BfA goes live.

"Semi-afk" and the like is a bit of an exaggeration.
    Uh....most tanks used to be able to solo entire dungeons. I can't count the number of times I 2 or 3-manned entire runs. "semi-afk" was VERY accurate.

Terrible example.

1) These elixirs are no longer available. Especially the one that lasts for 1 hour.

Secondly, the elixir you'll see in the AH is only good for 15 min. Although you could
    get a significant boost from it, it took considerable time to farm, and overall, is nowhere
    near being as effective as the former. Unless you bought a shit ton of these things, it
    wasn't worth it to use them for dungeon runs. Mostly because it took time to get into
    one, and depending on the length of the dungeon, it'd run out before you got to
    complete it. Also, IIRC, if you died, you lost it. So there was that risk too.

I should also note that things potions only worked until lvl 85.

2) The person used Recruit a Friend, the whole purpose of it being a way for new players
    to catch up with their already max-level friends.

I should also note that this only worked until lvl 90.
    The point was to show how broken the old system used to be. To show just how bad it could get, as evidence of how much the old leveling system needed to be updated.

It was also to show what people were used to being able to do, as an explanation for why so many people are bent out of shape that they actually have to play the game while leveling now that the changes 7.3.5 brought are in effect. Most people probably didn't go as extreme as the video, but they certainly used many of the tricks and tactics individually to speed things up.

I think you're overestimating the ease of which players do this. I think only the most persistent min/maxer would climb super fast
    in a short time. For most average/casual players, they simply bought the heirlooms, use the exp buffs of whatever event was happening
    that month whenever they were available, and if they got one or so potions, great. But they took their time getting to max level.
    And those are not the types of players who are currently in the forums bitching about how leveling takes too long. Most of those more casual players have expressed approval and enjoyment of the new system. The players I was referring to would absolutely use as many shortcuts as possible. And they're absolutely many of the same people who are now complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love it, but the mobs could hit more, I hate being unkillable. It is just health boost, which i also good.

I like the zone changes, I hate the leveling. Jesus Christ they should really do something about it. It's boring as hell and on top of that it's super slow. And when you have already gone through those zones before... it feels awful. I really hope they do something about it. We desperately need a level squish.

Questing is great, but dungeons is WAY overtuned...
    mechanics in catadugneons oneshots...
    And vanilla isnt much better. I very much doubt a grp of "new" players will stand the slightest of chance in diremaul north or any of the cata dungs.