Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You know what is REALLY creepy? Thinking Actors are role models. And Following what the actor do/does almost everyday. Very Creepy.

Human Sheeps are very Creepy, and should sought immediate help.

I just want to know who his plastic surgeon is, because they are excellent even by Hollywood standards. He looks a good 15 years younger than his age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    You know what is REALLY creepy? Thinking Actors are role models. And Following what the actor do/does almost everyday. Very Creepy.

I agree. The only reason I know anything about Tom Cruise outside of his career is because i'm fascinated by religion. Not in such that I am a believer, but I find it really interesting.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

They protect him. He's their biggest asset in the public eye by far. He's very successful and does not act crazy. (aside from one time on Oprah) I'm not saying he's even one of those dudes that was out there doing things. If he did though, that group would do everything in their power to hide it.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    With the metoo movement going why hasn't Tom Cruise been called out for ruining thousands of people lives through his cultish behavior and the with Scientology?
    Is he accused of something? Sorry to burst your bubble, but the metoo movement has only hit individuals with multiple accusations and/or solid proof of actual bad behavior, not association with some group.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post

I'd like to read research on why we idolize celebrities. It's very strange imo.

All major religions are crazy when you actually examine them... we just live in a world where they've been around for centuries and they're a normal part of our world (because they played a huge part in shaping it).

Honestly, if the religion works for him and makes him feel fulfilled, who cares.

With the metoo movement going why hasn't Tom Cruise been called out for ruining thousands of people lives through his cultish behavior and the with Scientology?
    Great actor with beliefs...why pick on Scientology? Lot of actors have religious/spiritual beliefs; Mark Wahlberg, Josh Duhamel (and Fergie), Dwayne Johnson, Denzel Washington, among so many others are Christian. Seems to me they still have careers...

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I can’t look at him the same now in pictures... not since one user pointed out his crooked smile.

Seems pretty straight to me? But yeah, that can happen with Botox. Personally I think injecting botulism into your face is a bad idea, also I think it ends up making you look older in the long run. There are other, better techniques nowadays.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck are you even talking about? If you don't like an actor, that's fine. But don't make things up to fund your ridiculous opinions. Scientology is a religion, btw, and that's a forbidden topic on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'd like to read research on why we idolize celebrities. It's very strange imo.
    You get a snapshot of someone's life and in that moment it can all seem perfect. Supreme competence, always look good, get the perfect partner etc etc.

I think it is all a bit vicarious.

Well then you get to the bit where people love celebrities, but they are crack addicts for digging up shit on them.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Tom Cruise took a turn. In the beginning, you could call him possibly one of the best young and upcoming actors with his roles. I'm not going to bother looking up his filmography but likely after Eyes Wide Shut he went completely to action hero movies. It is likely this is tied with scientology and now its about money grab. He got sweet deals with Mission Impossible and such where he gets BIG salary and a cut I believe.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Good for you. In several countries your membership to the church gets deducted with your pay slip. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_tax#Germany
    That is screwed up!

In the U.S. a church doesn't charge you as they are already supported by taxes, donations, and providing services. Which is why I have a gripe with Scientology. They get tax exemption, but charge it's members a fee.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I just want to know who his plastic surgeon is, because they are excellent even by Hollywood standards. He looks a good 15 years younger than his age.
    Had to Google his age, but holy shit he's short. Looks great for his age, though.

Deleted
    What? Men do act like this. Have you not seen concerts, or crowds standing around where celebs are supposed to get out and/or make an appearance?
    Nope.

And I have never ever seen such hysteria like female fans of justin bieber...if I got to be justin bieber for one day, I'd hide in my room afraid to go outside since all the screeching n waving of arms would appear like a scene out of a zombie apocalypse...

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    When you look like Tom Cruise, you don't have to be sleazy like Weinstein..if Tom Cruise wouldn't have guards around, women would probably tear his clothes off. And that reminds me, for all the complaining about mens behavior, you don't see men behave like this...
    I think he bats for the other team. There have been rumors since forever, South Park even did an entire episode about it.

It’s way off.
    Fuck, that bothers me so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Had to Google his age, but holy shit he's short. Looks great for his age, though.
    Ain't got nothing on Jackie Chan. That guy was in his 40s doing all that crazy shit when you first heard of him. He is immortal.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Tom Cruise films are like an exhaustive encyclopedia of every single perspective trick in the cinematographic arts. They use pretty much every trick in the book to make him not look like the midgit he is because it so offends his fragile ego.

I like seeing him in films.