10+ Year Old Account
    Pence misses his chance in South Korea

Vice President Mike Pence's trip to Seoul for the Winter Olympics was meant to help patch up the fractious U.S.–South Korea alliance but has only exacerbated the problems.

After 10 weeks in which North Korea has refrained from a missile test and tempered its military exercises, cameras captured Kim Jong-un’s sister Kim Yo-jong smiling and applauding the joint Korean team and shaking hands with South Korean president Moon Jae-in. Meanwhile, Pence was shown staring sullenly ahead while seated just feet in front of Kim, and reportedly arrived late to a VIP dinner where he shook hands with everyone but her.

Pence has repeated his talking points claiming that economic pressure will force Pyongyang to capitulate. But after a year of trying it should now be clear that no amount of sanctions or threats have changed North Korea’s calculus. The U.S. is making no real real effort to prevent an atmospheric nuclear test or further missile tests in the spring.
    Bolded for "maybe his wife wasn't there"

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Alright Mr. Reasonable - you make some fine points. Which I appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    There are 25-30% of the electorate that will support Trump no matter what. I honestly don't know if there is anything he COULD do that would cause them to defect.
    This is the part that still frightens me. Thinking human beings have pursued willful ignorance for so long, I'm pretty sure that 25-30% would actually be fine with Trump shooting someone in cold blood.

I disagree. Obamacare repeal failed repeatedly. And that was pretty vanilla. Cancelling an election isn't.
    You're right, and you're right. The rabid fan base was there, but in the end, they couldn't deliver.

Yeah, I know what you are driving at. That sort of thing is definitely in Trump's character. But, fortunately, Trump cannot act alone in this and thus, I believe at least for now, that we won't see this pass Congress. (Don't forget the 2018 election is likely to thin GOP power even more)
    It would take something from Congress (unless we go full Handmaid's Tale) to delay an election, and another good point, the GOP herd will be thinned after 2018. Thanks for the pep talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Korea shit aint good for US power. The US is slowly becoming the third wheel instead of US and SK vs NK. Makes wonder about Cold War era warhawks that would sabotage a friendly SK and NK just to keep SK dependant on the US.

In other news, Kelly should go ahead an leave with the little bit of dignity that he has left on his own terms before the Trump' s turn him to a pawn like they did so many others that left. Maybe he knows that as soon as he leaves, Mueller is going to call him. Even if he does leave the scandals still follow.

Next up to bat, McMasters. Mattis is the final boss.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2018-02-10 at 12:23 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The Korea shit aint good for US power. The US is slowly becoming the third wheel instead of US and SK vs NK.
    I'm going to respectfully disagree with your use of the word "slowly"

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    The Korea shit aint good for US power. The US is slowly becoming the third wheel instead of US and SK vs NK. Makes wonder about Cold War era warhawks that would sabotage a friendly SK and NK just to keep SK dependant on the US.

In other news, Kelly should go ahead an leave with the little bit of dignity that he has left on his own terms before the Trump' s turn him to a pawn like they did so many others that left. Maybe he knows that as soon as he leaves, Mueller is going to call him. Even if he does leave the scandals still follow.

Next up to bat, McMasters. Mattis is the final boss.
    Not sure what you mean by McMaster and Mattis, as far as I know neither has done anything to compromise their integrity or warrant removal. Mattis is taking advantage of all the drama to stay out of the headlines and actually keep the DoD safe and stable. Which is pretty vital for the country. McMaster seems to be largely responsible for talking Trump out of his violent urges toward invading evil countries like London and Australia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So how many people is that now in the White House, including former members like Gorka, who either still don't have any kind of security clearance necessary to do their jobs, or have only provisional clearances like Kushner?
    Thirty. Or more.

At least 30 White House officials, Trump appointees lack full clearances: report

Dozens of White House and Trump administration officials still lack full security clearances, including President Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner.

CNN reported Friday that at least 30 officials and political appointees have been working in the administration with interim clearances.

The White House told CNN that the fact that so many officials lack a full security clearance is a normal consequence of the lengthy review processes required for granting such clearances, which are handled by the FBI and White House security office.

But intelligence officials told CNN that the backlog was unusual after more than a year since Trump took office.

According to CNN, Kushner is among several officials who have had clearances delayed because of mistakes in their paperwork.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Thanks for the pep talk.
    No problem. I've taken no small amount of solace in how utterly dysfunctional the GOP has been. If they had a reasonable person at the helm and a unified governing body things would look a lot different. But there are so many factions in the GOP currently warring with each other it ends up crippling them rather dramatically.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Not sure what you mean by McMaster and Mattis, as far as I know neither has done anything to compromise their integrity or warrant removal. Mattis is taking advantage of all the drama to stay out of the headlines and actually keep the DoD safe and stable. Which is pretty vital for the country. McMaster seems to be largely responsible for talking Trump out of his violent urges toward invading evil countries like London and Australia.
    Trump has the reverse Midas touch. Its not so much that they are shady but the stress that administration places on one with its antics either pulls you in too deep or drives you away. I cant be the only one who cringes everytime Trump name drops Mattis.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.0905281bdbff

So a White House official resigned today after credible allegations of abuse from his ex-wife.

"But Edge! We already know about Porter, you silly goose!"

This isn't Porter, and her claims predate the Porter allegations going public.

Great, great respect for women.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump has the reverse Midas touch. Its not so much that they are shady but the stress that administration places on one with its antics either pulls you in too deep or drives you away. I cant be the only one who cringes everytime Trump name drops Mattis.
    Yeah, it is cringeworthy, but I doubt he can corrupt either of them. They are both far smarter and stronger willed then Trump is. There is credible evidence they both loath him as well.

Hey @Breccia, remember this response in the other thread from me about the Democrat's memo possibly being released?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...7#post48812217

Pffft... even if that was to happen that enough of the sellout-of-a-Senate GOPers would allow it through, you really think Fukwit "Fake News!" Frump is going to pass it? You know he's going to simply call it "Fake News", not release it, and call the Democrats liars for trying to spread fake news.
    Well, it got as far as Donnie Deplorable Dumbass Dump! I'll give you two guesses what he did with the Democrat's memo... ;P

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/09/polit...ify/index.html

That's right, Dumbfuck Drumpf shot it down! Are we surprised? Are any of us surprised? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "But Edge! We already know about Porter, you silly goose!"
    Don't steal my lines, you'll make @mvallas cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hey, I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? :P

No matter what, you'll always be the one I think of with that "style" of posting! ;P

I like your shtick, so it's mine now!

I figured I'd give it a try, but you do it better. I'll leave that to you, I'll just go back to being boring : P

10+ Year Old Account
    Bantering about comedic timing aside, man, I can't remember the last time two people left the same...anything...because it became public they beat their wives, within 24 hours.

That's a pretty blatant security check fail. Kelly's facing a bad week. There's already been stories he was prepared to resign, and Trump's been shopping for replacements. And his deputy just decided that the ONDCP, whose budget is being cut by ninety-five percent and will basically work under Kellyanne Conway, was the better place to work.

Man, you defend one wife-beater, and suddenly you're the bad guy.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, exactly. He took $40M of his daddy's money, and did worse than an index fund would have, in real estate, in New York City, starting in the '70's. You couldn't be set up better for success if you picked a time knowing history.

Trump is a cockup from the start to the finish, which will hopefully be in a state prison.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    No problem. I've taken no small amount of solace in how utterly dysfunctional the GOP has been. If they had a reasonable person at the helm and a unified governing body things would look a lot different. But there are so many factions in the GOP currently warring with each other it ends up crippling them rather dramatically.
    Boy are they ever. I can't even imagine the horror they'd bring down on this world if they were organized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Boy are they ever. I can't even imagine the horror they'd bring down on this world if they were organized.
    Well, when evil is competent you get the Third Reich. Fortunately, the collective lot of them haven't figured out chapter 1 of "Governing for Dummies" yet, so we get this circus instead. All things considered, it could be a lot worse. Their incompetence is their most endearing feature.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Well, when evil is competent you get the Third Reich. Fortunately, the collective lot of them haven't figured out chapter 1 of "Governing for Dummies" yet, so we get this circus instead. All things considered, it could be a lot worse. Their incompetence is their most endearing feature.
    All we can hope is, that Mueller puts a stop to all this, before they eventually wise up, get rid of Trump, and replace him with someone competent. Because that's really the only thing keeping the US from becoming the Fourth Reich.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Trump tweeted, because of course he did:

Peoples lives are being shattered and destroyed by a mere allegation. Some are true and some are false. Some are old and some are new. There is no recovery for someone falsely accused - life and career are gone. Is there no such thing any longer as Due Process?

Hmm.

First of all, for someone who claims to be falsely accused over and over...his life doesn't seem that destroyed.

Second of all, if he's talking about the people he hired who had beaten their wives and couldn't get a security clearance because of this in their background check...yes, both of them...um, they resigned. No charges. No lawsuits. They just quit. You can't blame lack of due process, for people quitting.

Second of all, if he's talking about the people he hired who had beaten their wives and couldn't get a security clearance because of this in their background check...yes, both of them...um, they resigned. No charges. No lawsuits. They just quit. You can't blame lack of due process, for people quitting.
    Trump is just projecting his current problems and putting them on other issues going on.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866