Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Not reading 11 pages of what I'm sure is top-notch quality MMO-Champion banter, so I'll just drop my opinion in here:

Let's not forget that these Overwatch League players are required to be paid a minimum of $50,000 per year at a minimum of a one-year contract, with health insurance and a retirement plan, and receive 50% of any bonuses the team wins through their play (split amongst the players). In other words, they literally are professionals. It is neither a surprise nor an outrage that they are expected to conduct themselves as such, regardless of whether or not they think they're still just some dude on Twitch.

You are now a representative of your team and Blizzard. Act like it or make way for somebody who will.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

xQc was calm, he was not emotionally invested in making the comment.
    Lol he was 100% angry

which video are you watching?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares? He probably would

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Lol he was 100% angry
    Before he even says the comment he states that he does not mind the banter and that he thinks it is cool to get roasted, but that the comment just made no sense.

I just feel like xQc is very misunderstood and a lot of very relevant context is lost in translation when we live in a generation where a sensationalist headline is all the information people think they need to cast judgment. it's like, no, i can't live like that. i don't want to hate on something just because it's what everyone else is doing. I want to review all of the content at my disposal and make a fair judgment.

just knowing that i talk this way sometimes and that i have spoken to co-workers in a similar manner because guys just talk shit to each other in my job and being very familiar with the way people express themselves in those situations, i can't see it as hateful. inappropriate for OWL viewers and unprofessional? sure. i would be embarrassed and apologize if i had this kind of conversation in front of customers because it is my job to be as friendly and helpful as possible to create an easy and satisfying experience for my customers.

So it's not like I'm not trying to say xQc should be let off without punishment or that his current punishments should be reduced. if he is violating the terms of his contract and representing his sponsors in a light that they find harmful, they are well within their rights to rein him in and defend their image by saying they are not OK with this behavior.

But acting like this - trying to make it seem like this was a personal attack on Muma, it makes all of us look like clowns. it makes US look bad, it makes xQc look bad, it makes Dallas Fuel look bad, it makes the league look bad, it makes Esports look bad. And for what? What did we get out of all this madness? Pray tell.

Are we any better for it? I don't think so. I think this entire fiasco was a -80 IQ play and I hope that moving forward, people remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    An I never said is punishment is unjust, he fucked up, he shouldn't have said it.

It's just the hypocrisy of the whole thing, profit flips off the camera during live OWL, on stage, that's at least fine worthy.

If you're going to hold one person to standard, you need to hold ALL of them to the same standard.
    The irony of course being that Profit has indeed been fined for it, so... I guess they are?

It's mentioned that he's been fined $1000 in this article https://dotesports.com/overwatch/new...e-finger-20528 and backed up in this tweet by the Spitfire's owner: https://twitter.com/JackEtienne/stat...48656244948992

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate homophobic stuff BUT at the same time, I hate punishing things people say and write. I mean, yes, it's a horrible thing to say to a gay person and I don't support the statement in any way, I have some close gay friends and I hate when they get insulted, which they do sometime BUT I ALSO hate this over-sensitive world we live in.

I rather live in a world where I have people insult me for whatever reason 24/7 than live in a world where everyone is afraid to say anything in fear of insulting others.

So, very hard subject to be honest.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

I'd be fired so fast from my job if I said something like that. When you're doing something professionally, you have to act professional. You represent a brand. Seems appropriate punishment to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I hate homophobic stuff BUT at the same time, I hate punishing things people say and write. I mean, yes, it's a horrible thing to say to a gay person and I don't support the statement in any way, I have some close gay friends and I hate when they get insulted, which they do sometime BUT I ALSO hate this over-sensitive world we live in.

I rather live in a world where I have people insult me for whatever reason 24/7 than live in a world where everyone is afraid to say anything in fear of insulting others.

So, very hard subject to be honest.
    not really, it's basically a job, compare it to a job or even a sport as it's "e-sports" what athletes would get away with saying that? how quickly would say nike drop someone from an ad campaign for saying the exact same comment?

e-sports is trying to become bigger and more popular and taken seriously you can't have professionals acting like a kid on a playground and this is how you do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    I'd be fired so fast from my job if I said something like that. When you're doing something professionally, you have to act professional. You represent a brand. Seems appropriate punishment to me.
    is it professional when you let cunts like Kotaku lambast your league as homophobic kids from xbox live? Is it professional when you suspend and fine xQc for banter and ban Sado for boosting, but not so much as bat an eyelash at Jake telling Galeadelade to kill himself just because it happened 5 months ago?

Blizzard couldn't find the point of a pencil if you jammed it in their eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Well, I mean, he's probably not wrong.
    Gay men are fucking assholes :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    is it professional when you let cunts like Kotaku lambast your league as homophobic kids from xbox live? Is it professional when you suspend and fine xQc for banter and ban Sado for boosting, but not so much as bat an eyelash at Jake telling Galeadelade to kill himself just because it happened 5 months ago?

Blizzard couldn't find the point of a pencil if you jammed it in their eye.
    This is quite relevant, actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    This is quite relevant, actually.
    ok lets make a video of me telling you to kill yourself, timestamp it inaccurately and send it off to blizzard and see whether or not i get banned

i aint gonna respect this league or it's community for as long as there is an xQc standard only xQc is held to.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2018-02-10 at 05:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok lets make a video of me telling you to kill yourself, timestamp it inaccurately and send it off to blizzard and see whether or not i get banned

i aint gonna respect this league or it's community for as long as there is an xQc standard only xQc is held to.
    If it’s any consolation I got a warning the other day for my bad language.

I don't get what you're trying to say.

You might get banned or you might not, I don't see how it's relevant to the xQc thing here.

Was the Overwatch League actively running 5 months ago?

10+ Year Old Account
    Was the Overwatch League actively running 5 months ago?
    are you going to sit there with a straight face and tell me that the attention xQc has attracted prior to OWL has not influenced the swiftness in which he has been punished? If Sado was banned for boosting before OWL, why would it be any different for Jake? This is the super political correctness league man, can't have anyone on record telling anybody to go kill themselves. children look up to you! you're hurting the brand! too unprofessional!

maybe jake is gay so that's why it's okay

Just what we need, more social justice

People in this thread act like it's the gay guy who's complaining. But, he didn't.

Like always it's non-gay people getting offended FOR us. Stop it.

ps. I love cock and he aint wrong.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    People in this thread act like it's the gay guy who's complaining. But, he didn't.
    He did though. He was one of 'those people'. But in most cases, yes you are right.
    BAD WOLF

are you going to sit there with a straight face and tell me that the attention xQc has attracted prior to OWL has not influenced the swiftness in which he has been punished? If Sado was banned for boosting before OWL, why would it be any different for Jake? This is the super political correctness league man, can't have anyone on record telling anybody to go kill themselves. children look up to you! you're hurting the brand! too unprofessional!

maybe jake is gay so that's why it's okay
    I'd argue it's mostly the audience he has that caused it to go so quickly with him actually.

Should Taimou be banned from the OWL because he called someone an "autistic n-word" back in 2016?, I could probably find examples of like half the Western OWL pros saying some bad shit but it's ultimately up to Blizzard.

You're incredibly invested in this by the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're incredibly invested in this by the way.
    no more invested than this game's shit community

yall wouldn't know fair if it slapped you in the dick