Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    But i was talking about how D1 was at launch.
    D1 still managed to maintain its players at launch better than D2 has, regardless of how the game actually was.

Once again, your ignorance on the matter is showing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Why do you believe PVP should be most active aspect?
    Once again, ignorance.

Trials has always been a good indicator of player activity in Destiny. Just because you don’t think it is, doesn’t mean that it isn’t.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. Bungie themselves use Trials as a measure of population. I don't PvP in basically any game at all as it doesn't appeal to me. But that doesn't mean I won't acknowledge that the majority of players do like to PvP.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Question: has anyone a link from an official/trusted source about the investor call that recaps what has been said? Until i get something like that i won't agree with anyone basically (though i don't expect a 180 degrees turn).
    Full transcript is here but you need to register to read it all - https://seekingalpha.com/article/414...all-transcript

Apart from an intro about how good sales were I pasted all the relevant bits about player retention. The tl~dr is they toned down the grind and didn't account for what would keep people playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Full transcript is here but you need to register to read it all - https://seekingalpha.com/article/414...all-transcript

Apart from an intro about how good sales were I pasted all the relevant bits about player retention. The tl~dr is they toned down the grind and didn't account for what would keep people playing.
    Thanks. Anyway it's funny but also sad that they thought to keep people playing by making the grind slower, and now drop all faults on players complaining about it and them being "forced" to make things faster, without noticing that people would just leave the game at a faster rate.

Bottom line: if reward structure is shallow and boring, doesn't matter how much time it takes to complete stuff. People will just leave anyway either because it's boring or they did it all. They made it boring so people left, and now they made it faster so people "is done" faster.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    As has always been the case with Destiny, the weekly Trials event that takes place every weekend is a good indicator of player rentention. If the numbers for Trials is extremely low (ie the lowest it’s ever been in Destiny’s history), then that means large numbers of people have abandoned the game. It doesn’t matter what you personally think of PvP, this number has always been an indicator of the game’s health. Ignore it all you want, but this does not bode well for Destiny in general, PvP or not.
    I'm not ignoring it, I'm sure it works fine as an indicator of general trend of player retention. I'm just suggesting that the total number of players could still be higher then the one participating in iron banner, because not everyone wants to do pvp. that is all. that said.. is it also possible, that part of the retention problem does lay with the fact that there isn't much to do outside of pvp? from the list few pages above, you could replay pretty much any story mission at will in destiny 1, while in 2 you only get 3 random ones a week. possibility that people are leaving because they may have joined for pve aspect of it... and now don't have much to keep them going? i mean I have been playing division a LOT recently and despite also being a looter shooter, i can do quite a bit every day without every touching anything even resembling pvp.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2018-02-09 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I'm not ignoring it, I'm sure it works fine as an indicator of general trend of player retention. I'm just suggesting that the total number of players could still be higher then the one participating in iron banner, because not everyone wants to do pvp. that is all. that said.. is it also possible, that part of the retention problem does lay with the fact that there isn't much to do outside of pvp? from the list few pages above, you could replay pretty much any story mission at will in destiny 1, while in 2 you only get 3 random ones a week. possibility that people are leaving because they may have joined for pve aspect of it... and now don't have much to keep them going? i mean I have been playing division a LOT recently and despite also being a looter shooter, i can do quite a bit every day without every touching anything even resembling pvp.
    So you’re just stating the obvious then? Ok, well glad you took up two posts to do that.

So you’re just stating the obvious then? Ok, well glad you took up two posts to do that.
    Stated more than you have in this entire thread. Could distill all your posts down too "Destiny 1 was so cool in the end I fell in love with the IP and now im gonna act like a jaded bf/gf with destiny 2 because it didnt live up to my expectations and im gonna lurk in its threads for years after hating on people with different opinions"

You guys care way too much about who's right.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    Stated more than you have in this entire thread. Could distill all your posts down too "Destiny 1 was so cool in the end I fell in love with the IP and now im gonna act like a jaded bf/gf with destiny 2 because it didnt live up to my expectations and im gonna lurk in its threads for years after hating on people with different opinions"
    If you think he stated more than I have in this entire thread, then you either can’t read or simply haven’t been paying attention. Either scenario makes your post worthless. Bye Felicia.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Thanks. Anyway it's funny but also sad that they thought to keep people playing by making the grind slower, and now drop all faults on players complaining about it and them being "forced" to make things faster, without noticing that people would just leave the game at a faster rate.

Bottom line: if reward structure is shallow and boring, doesn't matter how much time it takes to complete stuff. People will just leave anyway either because it's boring or they did it all. They made it boring so people left, and now they made it faster so people "is done" faster.
    Why do you think the."faults" should be dropped on the players? To me the statement makes it pretty clear that the devs made a misjudgement which lead to low player attention, but you and Zephyr Storm high think the "faults" or "blame" belong to the players. Why do you think this, and do you think the investors agree with your assessment that the consumers are to blame and not the developers?

If you think he stated more than I have in this entire thread, then you either can’t read or simply haven’t been paying attention. Either scenario makes your post worthless. Bye Felicia.
    speaking of bye Felicia. I wasn't even talking to you, so you are butting in... why exactly?

its pvp though? is it possible that some players didn't participate cause its pvp? i mean... I'm pretty much ignoring those cause I'm really not into pvp, especially shooter pvp.
    Well that is true....a lot of people don't like PvP....but I think most of the people who only cared about PvE are long gone...the raid outside of the final boss of the new raid lair is pretty shit. The nightfalls are pretty shit.....the heroic strikes are pretty shit...The whole PvE side of the game is basically dead unless someone is a die-hard or in denial that the game ultimately sucks for PvE right now. PvP is the only staying factor....do you think there's significantly more unique players still playing this game outside of that? I would say at most 30k unique players at most....The game sold quite a few million units...to be down around 100k unique players is pretty pathetic for a game like what Destiny is supposed to be....

Everyone makes a big deal about wow subs dipping....and while a sub based game vs a b2p game are different...its pretty bad that they have about a 90%(made up number) player drop when the game isn't even six months old yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Well that is true....a lot of people don't like PvP....but I think most of the people who only cared about PvE are long gone...the raid outside of the final boss of the new raid lair is pretty shit. The nightfalls are pretty shit.....the heroic strikes are pretty shit...The whole PvE side of the game is basically dead unless someone is a die-hard or in denial that the game ultimately sucks for PvE right now. PvP is the only staying factor....do you think there's significantly more unique players still playing this game outside of that? I would say at most 30k unique players at most....The game sold quite a few million units...to be down around 100k unique players is pretty pathetic for a game like what Destiny is supposed to be....

Everyone makes a big deal about wow subs dipping....and while a sub based game vs a b2p game are different...its pretty bad that they have about a 90%(made up number) player drop when the game isn't even six months old yet.
    that is indeed unfortunate and a damn shame.

speaking of bye Felicia. I wasn't even talking to you, so you are butting in... why exactly?
    Because this is a discussion thread where we all come to the discuss the things being said? And I was pointing how you were wrong about your assessment of PvP activity in relation to Destiny as a franchise.

Because this is a discussion thread where we all come to the discuss the things being said? And I was pointing how you were wrong about your assessment of PvP activity in relation to Destiny as a franchise.
    was I? was i really? are are you just jumping on people because how dare I question the numbers. and guess what, Felicia? the question was and still is valid. bye now.

was I? was i really? are are you just jumping on people because how dare I question the numbers. and guess what, Felicia? the question was and still is valid. bye now.
    Lol at you dismissing Trials numbers in Destiny and what that means about the state of the game. Just goes to show how little you know about the franchise. But please, continue parroting around this thread like you actually know something. Bye Felicia.

Lol at you dismissing Trials numbers in Destiny and what that means about the state of the game. Just goes to show how little you know about the franchise. But please, continue parroting around this thread like you actually know something. Bye Felicia.
    I did no such thing., i questioned if pvp numbers tell the whole picture. and guess what? they do not. and on that note. i have wasted enough time on you.

I did no such thing., i questioned if pvp numbers tell the whole picture. and guess what? they do not. and on that note. i have wasted enough time on you.
    Actually with Destiny it does. The most active content in Destiny 1 and 2 is the PVP and when that is even lacking that shows there is a problem.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Actually with Destiny it does. The most active content in Destiny 1 and 2 is the PVP and when that is even lacking that shows there is a problem.
    I don't know... don't you think if end game pve was more robust, the overall player numbers would be better, even if pvp numbers remained low? and even if most people who are into pve - have likely moved on, should we still dismiss it outright? i'm not saying that there isn't a problem. that people are participating less and less in what you say is most active content IS a problem. its still not a full picture though.

kinda reminds me of people judging health of ESO on a basis of its active steam players.. forgetting that steam version wasn't even available for at least a year, not to mention there are also consoles. changes in numbers are representative, all i'm saying they are NOT an entire playing population.

also. why focus more on the story complete with all of those solo missions and venture into group pve at all, if assumption is that pvp players are the target audience? and maybe... just maybe.. if they ARE now focusing on pvp over overall state of the game is why the player numbers and retention are suffering?
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2018-02-10 at 04:27 AM.

Once again, your comments go to show just how little you understand about the Destiny franchise. And I’ve pointed that out numerous times now. Just accept the fact you know nothing about the thing you’re trying to discuss. End of story.