Page 72 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I really don't understand why you're so absolutely desperate to draw a firm dividing line between Steele and his employer. It only makes sense as an angle of argument in the first place if you think Steele is discredited somehow, but he hasn't been. Or if you're trying to paint the dossier as a partisan fiction, which it objectively is not.
    I understand why he is doing it. His employer is telling him to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So Gorka wrote this nice opinion piece titled "Will the FISA memo turn into Obama's Watergate?"

What's significant about it? Other than Gorka -- who, let's be honest, isn't exactly a neutral participant and might even turn out to be a defendant -- nobody has been talking about the memo. That means the next major news will be Trump refusing to approve the Democrat memo -- which, of course, will add to the mounting evidence in the court of public opinion that he's hiding something.

Nice try, Gorka.
    I mean, he's still wanted on gun charges right? Why have we not extradited him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tr...rticle/2648713

And in a shock to nobody, Trump won't declassify the Democratic memo.

Because he's a fan of fairness and transparency. Also because it would likely further undermine the already thoroughly debunked Republican conspiracies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Counter-Memo not being released.

Here's to hoping someone on the committee flips him the bird and releases it.

Welp, this proves he's guilty.

There is no other way to look at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Welp, this proves he's guilty.

There is no other way to look at it.
    No, there is still shit for brains. Not guilty, just has shit for brains.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, there is still shit for brains. Not guilty, just has shit for brains.
    Everything he's been accused of leads directly back to him having shit for brains though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Well yeah, it'd be unwise not to be defensive when there's a concerted effort by the GOP to undermine the investigation using any means possible. It's better to refute any inaccuracy, even if it may seem trivial, before it grows into something bigger and far more convoluted.
    It is sad that people have to resort to believing partisan lies to defend "their" side though, rather then go and make up their well-supported own opinion from primary sources

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    It is sad that people have to resort to believing partisan lies to defend "their" side though, rather then go and make up their well-supported own opinion from primary sources
    Yeah, you really are sad. Because you have no idea what you are talking about.

The only partisan lies are coming from the GOP. Not surprised you are part of that though since the GOP and Russia are practically married now.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yeah, you really are sad. Because you have no idea what you are talking about.
    It is really sad that people refuse to read even when sources are available, and instead resort to repeating opinions about them they heard from others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    The only partisan lies are coming from the GOP. Not surprised you are part of that though since the GOP and Russia are practically married now.
    "Only other side lies! My side always speaks the truth!" is as partisan as it gets.

It is really sad that people refuse to read even when sources are available, and instead resort to repeating opinions about them they heard from others.
    You mean like the testimony linked showing that Steele was given leads by Fusion GPS’ research to investigate Trump’s Russian connections? Those sources?

The only thing thus far you’ve presented are unfounded opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

"Only other side lies! My side always speaks the truth!" is as partisan as it gets.
    Literally the only side that’s lied and obfuscated their way through this investigation is the GOP. You just run with said lies because without them your “arguments” are null and void.

You mean like the testimony linked showing that Steele was given leads by Fusion GPS’ research to investigate Trump’s Russian connections? Those sources?
    Yes, given leads - not shared entire research to date.

The only thing thus far you’ve presented are unfounded opinions.
    I even quoted their compartmentalization strategy with regard to contractors in their testimony.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally the only side that’s lied and obfuscated their way through this investigation is the GOP. You just run with said lies because without them your “arguments” are null and void.
    Unlike you, i can say that both sides lie and obfuscate when they actually do.

But neither side lies all the time.

Yes, given leads - not shared entire research to date.

I even quoted their compartmentalization strategy with regard to contractors in their testimony.

- - - Updated - - -

Unlike you, i can say that both sides lie and obfuscate when they actually do.

But neither side lies all the time.
    So now you’re claiming entire research? You asked me to prove that Steele was given any of their research and I linked from the testimony showing proof. Their entire research wasn’t just his Russian contacts, but things like how he ran his businesses.

So now you’re claiming entire research? You asked me to prove that Steele was given any of their research and I linked from the testimony showing proof. Their entire research wasn’t just his Russian contacts, but things like how he ran his businesses.
    They shared leads, they discussed things, but they didn't share even entire research on Russian contacts - quote above has Fusion GPS contractor working on Prevezon case (Russian-linked company) connections and it is kept separate from Steele.

10+ Year Old Account
    They shared leads, they discussed things, but they didn't share even entire research on Russian contacts - quote above has Fusion GPS contractor working on Prevezon case (Russian-linked company) connections and it is kept separate from Steele.
    Why are you spending so much time disputing the idea that the Steele dossier had anything to do with the initial RNC funding? It's a moot point. If it's true, it means nothing. If it's false, it also means nothing.

It doesn't matter who paid for the Steele dossier. All that matters is whether or not the information contained within is true.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Why are you spending so much time disputing the idea that the Steele dossier had anything to do with the initial RNC funding? It's a moot point. If it's true, it means nothing. If it's false, it also means nothing.

It doesn't matter who paid for the Steele dossier. All that matters is whether or not the information contained within is true.
    Well, at least now he's conceding they "shared leads and discussed things". At this rate sometime next month he'll be saying exactly what you just said.

That’s great! Except.... the excerpt I was talking about dealt with Bayrock and wasn’t kept from Steele.

Again, you are moving goalposts.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post

Apparently in this day and age the truth isn't the truth when your opponents find it. Like you said it doesn't really matter who funded the thing, as long as the truth is revealed and the information is correct it shouldn't matter if the Dems, Reps, or Ronald McDonald paid for it.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

If anyone is interested here's a link to the transcript of the HPSCI vote to release the Schiff memo. As you'd expect, Nunes comes off as a complete partisan asshole.

https://lawfareblog.com/document-tra...emocratic-memo