Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think you need to take some chill pill, first of all you don't know why it is there the same way I don't know it.

Draenor shmaenor, your Draenor warlocks learned their magic from other source and for all we know there may as well be Chaos Dragons or Fel Corrupted Dragons or whatever the shit that looks like them that were the original users of this spell. They cast shit they don't completely understand, but they know it hurts enemies a lot so why not just like warlocks would. That's why they turned Draenor into shit, because they used magic they did not understand and gave two fucks about it because it was powerful.

You seem to be thinking you know everything about lore, but the universe of wow is very vast and not that well documented, certainly not down to where every spell came from and who created it and why it looks like that.

For example Shadowfury is a demon summoning spell, we have no idea what is that demon, from where it comes and why it vanishes so fast... and as a warlock I don't really give two fucks about it either because it does the job. That's what makes us different from mages who carefully learn spells via study.

Warlock is a great rule of cool class just because things don't have to make sense unlike mages. We deal with unstable shit from hell knows which sources and without completely understanding the details.
    1. you cant use the excuse "we dont know the lore" we can only go off what we see, so yeah i guess there could be some hidden race of mega ultra dragons that secretly are the source of all fel magic in the world and they llook like dragons and are the love children of eonar and sargeras.
    but we dont know, and we cant know until its shown, anything can be made up, but right now the dragon head made 0 sense, because dragons have nothing to do with chaos, the burning legion, or fel magic. and seems to be unique to azeroth alone based on that the titans technically made them, since before they were just protodrakes, and upon the titans empowering them, they became dragons.

2. really now, do you have a source that you are summoning a demon? Or is it just a cool spell effect, also if it is a demon it is most likely the soul of a dreadlord because of the shape, but again, DO YOU have a source on this? or do you just love making up random fan made backgrounds for spell effects?

3. i still dont see your point, yeah warlocks use spells they dont quite understand, but thats like saying if blizzard adds a warlock spell were you summon sargera's mom to stomp on your enemy it would be fine because "rule of cool" and "we dont need to understand it because its how our magic works"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. you cant use the excuse "we dont know the lore" we can only go off what we see, so yeah i guess there could be some hidden race of mega ultra dragons that secretly are the source of all fel magic in the world and they llook like dragons and are the love children of eonar and sargeras.
    but we dont know, and we cant know until its shown, anything can be made up, but right now the dragon head made 0 sense, because dragons have nothing to do with chaos, the burning legion, or fel magic. and seems to be unique to azeroth alone based on that the titans technically made them, since before they were just protodrakes, and upon the titans empowering them, they became dragons.

2. really now, do you have a source that you are summoning a demon? Or is it just a cool spell effect, also if it is a demon it is most likely the soul of a dreadlord because of the shape, but again, DO YOU have a source on this? or do you just love making up random fan made backgrounds for spell effects?

3. i still dont see your point, yeah warlocks use spells they dont quite understand, but thats like saying if blizzard adds a warlock spell were you summon sargera's mom to stomp on your enemy it would be fine because "rule of cool" and "we dont need to understand it because its how our magic works"
    Can you kindly stop frothing at your mouth? The spit it coming through. I told you to chill.

Just to make it even more amusing... mind explaining what's that a top of Dark Portal?

Again, you simply do not understand how vast WoW universe is and how very little we have seen and know so far. Can you tell me why there is a dragon skull on top of the bloody Dark Portal? I can not. Same with Chaos Bolt. But you can't just go ahead frothing at your mouth how it is "impossibru does not fit" when you don't really know anything, let alone details of how the spell came to be.

I bet you think that you have seen all demon races and variants already, that's cute if you really think so. Legion did conquer and corrupt thousand worlds, so yes fel dragons, fel kittens and frikkin' fel cockroaches are very obvious options there. It's not only 5 frikkin' demon races you got in-game. Heck in books you have demon races that are not even in-game and nobody died of that yet. We even already killed one fel-corrupted Dragon ingame in Stormheim, what makes you think such a thing impossible?

Same with Shadowfury, before it used to have a tooltip that gave meaning to why you have a demon popping up there. It's just now it just your usual "stuns shit for x seconds", before it was different.

I really like the new fire effects. The reddish colour sets it apart from mage fire, and it's somewhat reminiscent of Kil'jaeden's fire abilities. Incinerate though is way too small, and moves about too much. I especially don't like that little 'flick' it does when it impacts a target.

Chaos Bolt is incredible. I love the black they added to it.

Quote Originally Posted by monchwow View Post
    Current Chaos Bolt is dragon head because it was added in MoP. MoP = chinese culture inspired.
    Chaos Bolt was added in Burning Crusade, and it's always been a dragon head.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2018-02-10 at 04:18 AM.

Wonder how green fire versions will look.
    I imagine that it will be the same color scheme but with green versions of the red. I know that seems obvious, but that's the best way I can describe it. Flip the shades of red to shades of green in your mind and keep the black outline.

I have to say I think Incinerate looks little worse each iteration.

Chaos bolt looks...interesting, but I'd rather have my Chaos Dragon back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can you kindly stop frothing at your mouth? The spit it coming through. I told you to chill.

Just to make it even more amusing... mind explaining what's that a top of Dark Portal?

Again, you simply do not understand how vast WoW universe is and how very little we have seen and know so far. Can you tell me why there is a dragon skull on top of the bloody Dark Portal? I can not. Same with Chaos Bolt. But you can't just go ahead frothing at your mouth how it is "impossibru does not fit" when you don't really know anything, let alone details of how the spell came to be.

I bet you think that you have seen all demon races and variants already, that's cute if you really think so. Legion did conquer and corrupt thousand worlds, so yes fel dragons, fel kittens and frikkin' fel cockroaches are very obvious options there. It's not only 5 frikkin' demon races you got in-game. Heck in books you have demon races that are not even in-game and nobody died of that yet. We even already killed one fel-corrupted Dragon ingame in Stormheim, what makes you think such a thing impossible?

Same with Shadowfury, before it used to have a tooltip that gave meaning to why you have a demon popping up there. It's just now it just your usual "stuns shit for x seconds", before it was different.
    1. the portal is based on the other planet, remember that medivh contacted guldan and told him how to make the portal, why the portal to azeroth has the dragon and looks that way, well the portal to draenor has a snake, azeroth dragon, draenor snake.
    2.you dont know how vast the wow universe is, NONE OF US DO and you cant use the excuse "well anything could exist" because that is a stupid excuse and goes against all logic.
    yes i can tell you why there is a dragon skull CARVED into the portal, because the portal needed to be very speicific in shape and medivh told them how to build it, then come WoD garrosh told them how to make it, notice how the portal is the same both times in allmost every way (other then size)
    3. i am not frothing at my mouth, stop trying to shut down my arguments by going "oh hes just a rager, therefore his opinion is invalid" how about i do the same "obviously you are a furry and just want your dragons everywhere, its obvious with your obession of dragons and avatar, pull your pants up and think logically"
    4. again the argument "anything could exist" is stupid and should not be used, allmost sound liek a religous nutt, LOGIC would have you argue what exists is something we should go by, not stuff that could possibly exist in the universe ABOVE stuff we know exists

i mean the flying spaghetti monster COULD exist, so boycotting the eating of spaghetti is logical then right?
    5. no i know we havent seen all the demons, that pretty fucking obvious, but what else is pretty obvious is that dragons are unique to azeroth it seems, we have yet to see them ANYWHERE ELSE and the burning legion seemed quite interested in them when they found them on azeroth.

the fel corrupted dragon is an azeroth dragon corrupted by fel
    the burning legion does not have armies of fel corrupted dragons from other planets, because as we know for now, again anything could change ever, but saying "all things could exist because of that" is stupid. by your logic we should assume that the reason paladins gain wings is because sargeras was secretly an angel and is the mother of the holy light and well that makes sense therefore it should be catered to ingame.
    the burning legion does not have armies of fel dragons, nor would they have when "chaos bolt" was learned

6. shadowfury, again do you have proof? cause i can go all the way back to when it was added in TBC and no, it never said "summons a demon"

you have horrible logic
    "it could exist possibly, so that means it must exist"
    and
    "I will say your wrong, but then show no proof that if i was right, would be easy to prove"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I really like the new fire effects. The reddish colour sets it apart from mage fire, and it's somewhat reminiscent of Kil'jaeden's fire abilities. Incinerate though is way too small, and moves about too much. I especially don't like that little 'flick' it does when it impacts a target.

Chaos Bolt is incredible. I love the black they added to it.

Chaos Bolt was added in Burning Crusade, and it's always been a dragon head.
    no, chaos bolt was added in wotlk
    vanilla conflag was final destro talent
    BC shadowfury was the final destro talent
    wotlk chaos bolt was the final destro talent
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-02-10 at 06:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know...seeing the animations connect they do rate higher with me now...but I'm still not a huge fan of the new chaos bolt...I'd hate to lose our current one for a big blob.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    I don't know...seeing the animations connect they do rate higher with me now...but I'm still not a huge fan of the new chaos bolt...I'd hate to lose our current one for a big blob.
    my only gripe is the speed is too fast and the arch is gone.
    allthough i do understand the speed change, slow moving spells can be frustrating at times, trying to land them in double damage phases or burst down adds, but it looks so cool to have this huge bolt slowly floating towards you.
    so whatever, the speed is fine
    but im sad the "lobbing" is gone, but i LOVE how it looks, allthough maybe abit of fel electricty would be cool too

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm digging it, the new incinerate actually looks pretty dope with the explosion on the target. I'd make the bolt a bit bigger though, maybe 30% or so larger. These new Chaos Bolts do make me wish for the old WoD talent allowing for Chaos Bolt spread to multiple targets. 5 of those babies would be awesome.

Deleted
    The animations look pretty good thus far, tho obviously need some tweaks here and there - the fact that the fire effects are different to mages is great to see. The new chaos bolt looks like something a Necromancer from Guild Wars 2 would cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are some people complaing that Chaos Bolt is not Fel green? It's not even a Fel spell, it's Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Why are some people complaing that Chaos Bolt is not Fel green? It's not even a Fel spell, it's Chaos.
    fel is the energy of chaos.

look at all the demon hunter spells, they are chaos damage as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    fel is the energy of chaos.

look at all the demon hunter spells, they are chaos damage as well.
    Chaos is Chaos and Fel is Fel. Don't mix the two.

Chaos is Chaos and Fel is Fel. Don't mix the two.
    no, it's the same thing.

just like shadow is the same thing as void.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, it's the same thing.

That's the same thing in your mind, you can read chronicles and understand what Fel is exactly.

7+ Year Old Account
    no, it's the same thing.

no fel and chaos are not the same thing
    nor are shadow and void.
    stop derp, please stop.
    demon bolt was chaos magic, but was purple
    demonfire is green but its fire not chaos.

chaos is all magic types combined together to create a chaotic mess of magic.
    fel is a power on its own.

It's very different and I don't hate it. I don't love it either though. But maybe that was the goal, just update not make more amazing.

The black in the flames is kinda meh for me. I don't like it when WoW tries to be realistic graphically. Too late, that ship sailed 10 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. the portal is based on the other planet, remember that medivh contacted guldan and told him how to make the portal, why the portal to azeroth has the dragon and looks that way, well the portal to draenor has a snake, azeroth dragon, draenor snake.
    2.you dont know how vast the wow universe is, NONE OF US DO and you cant use the excuse "well anything could exist" because that is a stupid excuse and goes against all logic.
    yes i can tell you why there is a dragon skull CARVED into the portal, because the portal needed to be very speicific in shape and medivh told them how to build it, then come WoD garrosh told them how to make it, notice how the portal is the same both times in allmost every way (other then size)
    3. i am not frothing at my mouth, stop trying to shut down my arguments by going "oh hes just a rager, therefore his opinion is invalid" how about i do the same "obviously you are a furry and just want your dragons everywhere, its obvious with your obession of dragons and avatar, pull your pants up and think logically"
    4. again the argument "anything could exist" is stupid and should not be used, allmost sound liek a religous nutt, LOGIC would have you argue what exists is something we should go by, not stuff that could possibly exist in the universe ABOVE stuff we know exists

i mean the flying spaghetti monster COULD exist, so boycotting the eating of spaghetti is logical then right?
    5. no i know we havent seen all the demons, that pretty fucking obvious, but what else is pretty obvious is that dragons are unique to azeroth it seems, we have yet to see them ANYWHERE ELSE and the burning legion seemed quite interested in them when they found them on azeroth.

the fel corrupted dragon is an azeroth dragon corrupted by fel
    the burning legion does not have armies of fel corrupted dragons from other planets, because as we know for now, again anything could change ever, but saying "all things could exist because of that" is stupid. by your logic we should assume that the reason paladins gain wings is because sargeras was secretly an angel and is the mother of the holy light and well that makes sense therefore it should be catered to ingame.
    the burning legion does not have armies of fel dragons, nor would they have when "chaos bolt" was learned

6. shadowfury, again do you have proof? cause i can go all the way back to when it was added in TBC and no, it never said "summons a demon"

you have horrible logic
    "it could exist possibly, so that means it must exist"
    and
    "I will say your wrong, but then show no proof that if i was right, would be easy to prove"
    My logic is fine because it does in fact exist and does so even in the new version. You are the one who seem to have some mental block telling you it does not fit because you somehow can't imagine that being a thing for whatever reason there is. Yes Shadowfury is unleashed and graphic is a demon, it's frikkin' 1+1 English there and your beloved logic.

You can keep boxing in all you like, honestly I don't even care, because new Chaos Bolt has that after all. You can keep raging about how it does not fit, but reality is you base that on nothing. Even Medivh part - you THINK Medivh tipped off orcs to stick Dragon on top of portal, you like flaunting "source" word - mind giving source on that part specifically where he told them to stick Dragon on top? Then even let's assume he did, where in turn did he learn about connection between that thing on top and frikkin' soul powered inter-dimensional portal? Do you really think he just told Gul'dan to put Dragon there because it looked pretty, even if he did it all along and it's not some orcish addition based on what they learned from their master?

What I don't understand about you is why it is so hard to accept the fact that you don't know shit. You try to do lines in the sand all the time based on literally what's in your head. "Chaos Bolt can't have that Dragon head thing, it makes no sense, because... reasons?". I already told you - you don't even frikkin' know anything about Chaos Bolt as a spell or ability, who created it, why it is like that, who was the first user, who was the most prominent user, who passed this spell down to everyone?

You simply don't know and in the end it may as well be that shape to make it more menacing and intimidating to enemies on top of it being powerful as fuck. Yet you somehow can't imagine all that, instead you have some picture in your mind where for some reason it can not be a thing because of some strange logic leap you make where Dragons can not be related to chaotic demonic magic or twisted by it and be the source of this power all along - newsflash - they can be.

I wonder why aren't you then bringing up Shadow Bolt? Why it has a human skull there? Not Demon, not Eredar, not Orc - human??? OMGH it makez no senses. I will tell you why - because shit gotta look menacing and different from your goodie two-shoes mage spells. That's why Incinerate twists about, Chaos Bolt has frikkin' Dragon thing in it and Shadow Bolt has a skull and they are not just red, green or purple fireball respectively.

If you want to be anal about exact explanation to that - Blizzard can conjure it to you from mid-air no problem and make you look dumb. That's why they can keep adding cool shit and if it is REALLY needed (which is not) they can slap some lore snippet on it which they will retcon 5 times anyway.

You, on the other hand, have 0 imagination. Just some self made limitations.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2018-02-10 at 10:11 AM.

That's the same thing in your mind, you can read chronicles and understand what Fel is exactly.
    no fel and chaos are not the same thing
    nor are shadow and void.
    stop derp, please stop.
    demon bolt was chaos magic, but was purple
    demonfire is green but its fire not chaos.

chaos is all magic types combined together to create a chaotic mess of magic.
    fel is a power on its own.
    "Order is most commonly perceived in reality as arcane magic. Arcane energy is innately volatile, and wielding it requires intense precision and concentration. Disorder, on the other hand, manifests as highly destructive fel magic, a destructive and extremely addictive energy originating as a result of the mutual destruction of Light and Void as they collide on a cosmic scale in the Twisting Nether."

this is according to the chronicle.

fel is chaos.

7+ Year Old Account
    My logic is fine because it does in fact exist and does so even in the new version. You are the one who seem to have some mental block telling you it does not fit because you somehow can't imagine that being a thing for whatever reason there is. Yes Shadowfury is unleashed and graphic is a demon, it's frikkin' 1+1 English there and your beloved logic.

You can keep boxing in all you like, honestly I don't even care, because new Chaos Bolt has that after all. You can keep raging about how it does not fit, but reality is you base that on nothing. Even Medivh part - you THINK Medivh tipped off orcs to stick Dragon on top of portal, you like flaunting "source" word - mind giving source on that part specifically where he told them to stick Dragon on top? Then even let's assume he did, where in turn did he learn about connection between that thing on top and frikkin' soul powered inter-dimensional portal? Do you really think he just told Gul'dan to put Dragon there because it looked pretty, even if he did it all along and it's not some orcish addition based on what they learned from their master?

What I don't understand about you is why it is so hard to accept the fact that you don't know shit. You try to do lines in the sand all the time based on literally what's in your head. "Chaos Bolt can't have that Dragon head thing, it makes no sense, because... reasons?". I already told you - you don't even frikkin' know anything about Chaos Bolt as a spell or ability, who created it, why it is like that, who was the first user, who was the most prominent user, who passed this spell down to everyone?

You simply don't know and in the end it may as well be that shape to make it more menacing and intimidating to enemies on top of it being powerful as fuck. Yet you somehow can't imagine all that, instead you have some picture in your mind where for some reason it can not be a thing because of some strange logic leap you make where Dragons can not be related to chaotic demonic magic or twisted by it and be the source of this power all along - newsflash - they can be.

I wonder why aren't you then bringing up Shadow Bolt? Why it has a human skull there? Not Demon, not Eredar, not Orc - human??? OMGH it makez no senses. I will tell you why - because shit gotta look menacing and different from your goodie two-shoes mage spells. That's why Incinerate twists about, Chaos Bolt has frikkin' Dragon thing in it and Shadow Bolt has a skull and they are not just red, green or purple fireball respectively.

If you want to be anal about exact explanation to that - Blizzard can conjure it to you from mid-air no problem and make you look dumb. That's why they can keep adding cool shit and if it is REALLY needed (which is not) they can slap some lore snippet on it which they will retcon 5 times anyway.

You, on the other hand, have 0 imagination. Just some self made limitations.
    1. the demon isa spell effect, i also notice you have now backed off your "fact" that tyhe spell orrginally stated it summoned a demon, but ok again you seem to love just taking visual things and make them cannon well disregarding actual canon.
    2.uh yes, medivh told the orcs how to build the portal, and what they needed to do for the portal, looking for a source is hard, but i will spend awhile looking. but i know the movie mentioned it that medivh told the orcs how to make it, aswell as garrosh telling the orcs how to make it, also again dragons were not on draenor. and medivh was telling guldan how to make the portal, that was obvious and i can give you a hundred sources for that, i canty give you one of him saying literally "and put a dragon head on it"
    3. again what is on the portal is obviously important, why do we know this? why do we know this is not just a cosmetic thing? because garrosh had to make the same portal for the iron horde, braizers, spikey ball, dragon head and claws, giant statues. all there on the old, and the new portal, and we know the iron horde was not one to waste resources.
    4. again the orcs learned nothing about dragons from their masters, the dragons are unique to azeroth, we have not seen them anywhere and the orcs reaction to dragons being dropped on their planet by deathwing shows such.
    5. i dont know shit? you are claiming the burning legion has armies of fel dragons from other planets and that its why chaos bolt has a dragon head on it...
    AND AGAIN dragons are a creation of the titans, then empowered with titanic power to make them from drakes to dragons, so why would a spell of the the burning legion be based on a titan empowered creation?
    chaos bolt having a dragon head on it makes no sense because dragons have nothing to do with warlocks, or chaos, nor the burning legion.
    6. you allready told me? you have yet to make a single point ever that has any factual evidance behind it.
    7.i just, gaidax this is my final responce, i usually agree with you, but you seem to be too attached to the concept of being a dragon caster warlock for some reason, this is my final responce because this is giving me a headache with how your argument is running.
    8.uhh its not a human skull, seems like you dont play a warlock Gaidax, thats a shame, allmost like legion alone added two weapons that have demon skulls on them, yet they look... human in nature..
    (The horns are not normal)

oooooh look, allmost like skulls of these two races are quite alike?
    man allmost like a google search woulda helped you man!
    but ok whatever, seems gaidax cant use google...
    also what i dont play a mage, i dont know why you act like i play a mage, but no our spells look very unique, but a dragon has NOTHING to do with warlocks.
    and lastly again you seem to be super offended, defencive, and trolly about the fact it NEEDS to be a dragon head, because its cool, and cool>lore and because "well they can just make up lore to make it make sense" instead of the more logical version "Change it so it makes sense in lore"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    I think you are both looking too deep in a simple spell animation. The chaos bolt was a dragon because someone at Blizzard spell design team at the time tough it was cool. That's it. It has nothing to do with lore of demonic dragons or god knows what. Its just a spell someone tough looked cool at the time. Now they are changing it because they think this looks cooler. End of story.
    yeah pretty much.
    it mosty likely was a left over asset from a boss they planned to have it but didnt, and they decided to reuse it. and back in wotlk is was very much just rule of cool, why female warlocks turned into male demons that were just illidans dark form...
    glad it is finally making sense though, and looks much better fori t, allthough i wish it has abit of lightning coming off it.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-02-10 at 10:40 AM.