Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    there's probably north of 20 million people who either want to play vanilla again, or never got a chance to before
    He's technically correct in this statement. There are well over 7 billion people alive now who never got a chance to play vanilla, and that is north of 20 million. But the statement is really like saying there are probably north of 20 million people who think I'm the greatest person who has ever lived, or have never heard of me.

Classic WOW will be a colossal failure. What a waste of time and resources.

Can you imagine? there's probably north of 20 million people who either want to play vanilla again, or never got a chance to before. Blizzard is going to assume the playerbase will be less than half of that. All classic servers will be absolutely slammed for weeks.
    And then you woke up and the sheets were kinda wet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you imagine? there's probably north of 20 million people who either want to play vanilla again, or never got a chance to before. Blizzard is going to assume the playerbase will be less than half of that. All classic servers will be absolutely slammed for weeks.
    The hell did you come up with 20 million? Even if every single person who played WoW at its peak tried classic, that's only 12. And the most popular illegal servers (arguably the best metric for something like this) didn't even hit 1 million.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    The way i see it, vanilla/bc had around 10 mill at one time at a peak, but many millions more came and went and would return. Plus people from wrath and after that would try it. The more i think about it, the more i realize the classic population will dwarf the BfA population. In fact, BfA will likely benefit as there will be spillover and people signing up just for classic will try BfA.
    no, BC had 10 mil not vanilla, vanilla never had 10 mil
    also there is no fucking way vanilal will gather all 10 million people.

the classic servers will never pass the retail, but they may reach a million max.

- - - Updated - - -

lol that you think vanilla wow private servers a game out in 2004 coming out in 2018 will DOUBLE the highest players wow has ever had.
    10 year member? more like 10 year old member...

also to think that iw ill be free, you are so naive, thanks man, really gave me a nice loud laugh, might get a noise complaint in the morning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chriscadaver View Post
    If they have sharding, I definitely won't play it. The closed server community is practically the main thing I miss from WoW.
    the sharding will only be for the first week or month to deal with the tons of people that will all play at once.

here i hate to have to do this example every single time for people but
    Now this will all be stasticly so dont take it fully, but it shows why we will NEED SHARDING AT THE START

lets say vanilla will get 20,000 unique players per server during a single day
    now on a normal server that has been up for months these people would be split over 24 hours, meaning less then a thousand people every hour, split over 30 zones
    Now this is fine, this is perfect.

but on the launch it tells a differant story.
    you have 20,000 people ALL LOGGING ON AT ONCE, and those 20,000 people are ALL STUCK IN ONLY 6 ZONES
    now do you see the problem?
    that is why sharding is a MUST for the first week to month.

also we are not talking cross realm, sharding, as in you will only see people from your server, but people will be split up so you dont have 1200 people all trying to killl 12 wolf spawn locations at once...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I doubt they will enable sharding..and to the OP, start your posts without retarded dreams and numbers to be taken more seriously.

They will probably release a few servers based on the capacity they want to have them, and then merge them over time when they empty out, or they will simply use the people as more revenue with

"Yeah okay, this 5 servers will get merged, real dead there, the other 20, 25e/transfer guys, pay up!"
    read above here please. sharding will be a must, that or tons of servers that will be merged a few months later, and that is very wasteful

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcath View Post
    Active servers are around 1-1.5 million players daily(Full server).

Private realms are around 400-500k players daily(Full server).

Nothing to bawk at, but definitely nowhere near this ridiculous 20mil mark.

I would have serious doubts if Blizzards cloud servers could hold 3million players max at one time. A server with 20million would be impossible.
    where did you get those numbers from? pretty fucking bullshit numbers, let alone that the most popular vanilla servers boast about "10k people on!" where the fuck did you get 50x that...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Vanilla might get around 2-3 million player at it's launch, but only if the server is included in the subscription-fee, because then everyone might try it out for a day or two. Vanilla will probably have maybe around 50.000-100.000 active players every day after 6 months; and that might be even exaggerating.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2018-02-10 at 10:11 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Imo blizz should make over 100 realms. 20 milion ppl will come easily. I expect over 25 mln
    oh look who it is...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Blizz once said over 100 million people have played WoW. So they should at least expect that number.
    dont forget 3.2 billion people on earth have home computers, and those people havent played vanilla and know of its legacy so they MUST be willing to try it
    so suspect atleast 8 billion players.

20 millions... yeah... I bet it's going to be like ~5mln at start and maybe ~1-2 mlns of player will realize that vanilla wasn't THAT good and will come back to BFA.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    20 millions... yeah... I bet it's going to be like ~5mln at start and maybe ~1-2 mlns of player will realize that vanilla wasn't THAT good and will come back to BFA.
    vanilla was that good
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no, BC had 10 mil not vanilla, vanilla never had 10 mil
    also there is no fucking way vanilal will gather all 10 million people.

the classic servers will never pass the retail, but they may reach a million max.

- - - Updated - - -

lol that you think vanilla wow private servers a game out in 2004 coming out in 2018 will DOUBLE the highest players wow has ever had.
    10 year member? more like 10 year old member...

also to think that iw ill be free, you are so naive, thanks man, really gave me a nice loud laugh, might get a noise complaint in the morning.

- - - Updated - - -

the sharding will only be for the first week or month to deal with the tons of people that will all play at once.

here i hate to have to do this example every single time for people but
    Now this will all be stasticly so dont take it fully, but it shows why we will NEED SHARDING AT THE START

lets say vanilla will get 20,000 unique players per server during a single day
    now on a normal server that has been up for months these people would be split over 24 hours, meaning less then a thousand people every hour, split over 30 zones
    Now this is fine, this is perfect.

but on the launch it tells a differant story.
    you have 20,000 people ALL LOGGING ON AT ONCE, and those 20,000 people are ALL STUCK IN ONLY 6 ZONES
    now do you see the problem?
    that is why sharding is a MUST for the first week to month.

also we are not talking cross realm, sharding, as in you will only see people from your server, but people will be split up so you dont have 1200 people all trying to killl 12 wolf spawn locations at once...

- - - Updated - - -

read above here please. sharding will be a must, that or tons of servers that will be merged a few months later, and that is very wasteful

- - - Updated - - -

where did you get those numbers from? pretty fucking bullshit numbers, let alone that the most popular vanilla servers boast about "10k people on!" where the fuck did you get 50x that...
    You do know traffic can be investigated outside of companies, yeah?
    Not only that, when Nos went down they made a joint post with Blizzard in order to convince them the popularity of vanilla. There are also MULTIPLE private servers other than LH.

Ive never ever ever seen any private server boast about anything. Because you know, its kind of illegal and they want you to keep playing before they shut down. Most actually wait to be shut down before making any statement.

MAYBE a million people... MAYBE. The first week will probably have more because of hype but it will die down.

Most people will just be tourists and dabble, and probably get bored and quit or casually play.

Sane people won't spend large chunks of time playing a 14 year old game on blast. You seem to think everyone who ever played it is coming back like everyone has eagerly been awaiting its return.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcath View Post
    You do know traffic can be investigated outside of companies, yeah?
    Not only that, when Nos went down they made a joint post with Blizzard in order to convince them the popularity of vanilla. There are also MULTIPLE private servers other than LH.

Ive never ever ever seen any private server boast about anything. Because you know, its kind of illegal and they want you to keep playing before they shut down. Most actually wait to be shut down before making any statement.
    yeah> i know, butt they wouldstill need to play alot more then they would simply sharding.
    LOL PRIVATE SERVERS NEVER BOAST
    you never saw nosts facebook page did you then?
    they were bragging about daily playersand how much people love their server, none, stop.