People should stop listing groups for world bosses etc when they're not spawned

They should also stop leaving the group listed and auto queue active when a group is half full or more and boss is already pulled and nearly dead, and especially in an invasion point. And when a world boss/world quest rare/invasion point is finished if you're the group lead disband the group immediately do not leave it listed.

Seriously people join these things to make those activities go faster, waiting for a spawn timer because everyone has this mentality to join the largest group instead of the freshest usually results in waiting for no reason, and not to mention whether you care or not it actually makes half the group lag out when you have a bunch of people from different servers/regions loading in at the same time.

TL;DR while I am SURE that trolls do this stuff on purpose, the bottom line is it makes things take more time not less, where the point for a lot of us who are skilled/geared to the teeth and know exactly what we are doing is to get through the content FAST. What especially needs to stop is people who linger in group after they downed the shit, it's far too often that there are only 2-3 groups up for a world boss at a time and all of them are those lingering groups where the boss was already killed, and the raid lead left and it auto passed to someone who joined late and just kept the thing listed.

Again, just to make sure you understand this makes YOU and the people who are just trying to kill the thing fast take much longer than they have to. If you stop doing this kind of behavior the result will be more people making groups, and MORE groups is what makes this go FASTER not huge groups but only 2-3.

For Argus World Bosses I understand wanting a larger group so the wait time isn't a big problem (and almost never happens anyways) but for old content it's not necessary, as a few people (if they're decently geared) can kill the Broken Isle's/Broken Shore bosses in under a minute.

And as far as things like for invasion points go, half the group is literally doing nothing anyways because they don't have to. So stop helping to make the game more toxic, because instant rewards for doing nothing is exactly why the game is so toxic.

I really do not understand why people have this mentality that the larger the group the better, but in a world where we're constantly pugging most of the game's content following these easy tips on group finder etiquette will help a lot in ways you wouldn't even realize.

Just for example, back in the day it was very rare that someone would rage pull or try to rush people to pull when they might just not be ready, and get pissed off for literally having to wait a few more seconds, this is actually a thing that happens extremely frequently in the game now? Why? Because those kind of people will find another group in no time at all, or otherwise get rewarded for being tools and not contributing anything positive to groups they join.

It's up to the people making groups to make sure that these kinds of things don't happen.

On a related note, man I hope tanking in BFA is like 20 times harder than it is now because it would be AWESOME if I didn't have some shithead that has a tank spec just for the even faster queues etc taunt a boss like Pit Lord Vilemus late or on top of me when I have the debuff, and then talk mad shit because I died 100% due to their ineptitude and complete lack of understand of what the tanking role is even about/what the bosses mechanics even do.

Seriously guys if we gotta use this group finder to do most of the content in this game, please use it responsibly, there's a lot of bads, and mouthy kiddos out there that need to be kept in check.
    Last edited by Mjolknerd; 2018-02-09 at 07:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Better yet, people should just remember to delist their groups when done, pain in the ass that the leader makes a group - then leaves, and the group stays open.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

All true, but for the regular world bosses it's really not that big of a deal. The boss respawns in about 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Better yet, people should just remember to delist their groups when done, pain in the ass that the leader makes a group - then leaves, and the group stays open.
    I did mention that, but that's probably the real crux of the issue and it's something where Blizzard might have to step in to make some adjustments (if only faster spawn times) because most people who use the group finder and end up having lead do this. What will happen is one person makes a group, kills the boss/completes world quest or invasion point but they leave the group listed the entire time and so someone joins late and doesn't get credit but get the lead when the group leader leaves.

Then the person who just joined after the thing died sees how they have this huge group (of people who are mostly leaving) and keep it listed because that makes people think that's the group to join because all they see is a huge group, they don't bother to notice people are leaving and then more people are joining, or maybe they do notice that but they don't care about why that is....rinse repeat all damn day long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    All true, but for the regular world bosses it's really not that big of a deal. The boss respawns in about 5 minutes.
    Ya, but I can solo pretty much all of those (with the exception of Argus world bosses) in less than that man. The whole point of having a group is to speed things up, not to slow you down.

Because SHARDING exists this wait time bullshit is entirely unnecessary. There is literally no wait time for respawns if people keep constantly making new groups. When this content was new there were constantly new groups with fresh spawns forming round the clock and now there are less groups that just stay listed forever and constantly add new people, it means everyone who is looking for a group for these things is getting it done much slower than they could.

When the content slows down and people stop doing it first thing suddenly the group finder is dominated almost entirely by these sort of groups, so I queue for a simple world quest or world boss, that I could solo in less time than it takes for it to respawn but I queue because I'm expecting a much faster/smoother experience where I don't have to do some crazy build or something so I don't die, and sure enough usually the thing isn't even spawned and has just died.

It happens more often than not so it's extremely annoying, and when it does usually the thing I am looking for a group for is already spawned on my shard on top of it and I know I can't solo that thing as easily as finding a group in progress. There might be other groups with like 1 person in them, but nobody joins them because everyone is joining this huge group they see listed.

I've been raid leading since Vanilla WOW I am totally not into this bs. The state of the game doesn't require it at all in any way at this point and it's not efficient. Players doing this are only slowing the game down for other people.

I'm telling you for a fact, if people would stop having this mentality that bigger groups means faster, they would actually clear most of this content faster because they wouldn't be waiting for respawns and shit. The only exception is Argus world bosses, but even those can be totally outgeared and manhandled without heals and shit.
    Last edited by Mjolknerd; 2018-02-10 at 11:29 AM.