Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I really wish these types of posts were against the forum rules.

And if you look at the front page there are changes. We just don't know their full effect.
    There hasn't been a single change to Demo yet...literally every other spec in the game has gotten changes while not a single one to Demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    so..... shadowburn removed???
    No, just moved from the Lvl 30 row to the Lvl 90 row.

ETA: Scratch that, second pass datamining shows it unchanged and still on the 30 row.
    Last edited by Kirroth; 2018-02-10 at 04:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will almost certainly be demo changes, relax. They dont set work schedules to keep forum alarmists with kiddy cartoon avatars from freaking out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Third alpha beta, no changes to demon yet, but tons for Destro. I am getting really worried about demon.
    Ion Hozzaniskasnskus or w/e his name his has confirmed, on a stream, that Demo was a failed experiment in Legion and that it will get changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    Bloodlust and intellect buff can be brought through scrolls/drums at a slightly reduced effect, however Soulstone cannot.
    I am not too sure about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    I've always liked playin all 3 specs, but favoured demonology heavily. Until they basically ruined it for me in Legion.
    This was me in WoD. I loved the old MoP / WoD Demonology . Legion version... not so much.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    No, just moved from the Lvl 30 row to the Lvl 90 row.

ETA: Scratch that, second pass datamining shows it unchanged and still on the 30 row.
    good, i'm scared to lose another time shadowburn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    There hasn't been a single change to Demo yet...literally every other spec in the game has gotten changes while not a single one to Demo.
    You do realise thats a positive thing right???

No changes means a significant rework, its quite obvious they are getting the lion share of the destro/afflic changes out of the way as fundamentally those two specs are not really changing much. This and they are still to implement the spell animation changes as well as the casting animations. Once that's done they can give their full attention to demo. It's all about time and resources, so it makes sense to focus on the easy stuff first to free up more of that time and resources to give a concentrated push on actually getting Demo right this time, something they should have done in the first place in Legion.

TL: DR Don't get your titties in a twist just yet, there is still a lot of dev time left to work on demo, just chill and let them get to it in good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    Ion Hozzaniskasnskus or w/e his name his has confirmed, on a stream, that Demo was a failed experiment in Legion and that it will get changed.
    Yeah, but they are touching a lot of specs including Survival and Demon dont, when it should be their #1 priority. 0 changes at 3 builds are really worrying.

Yeah, but they are touching a lot of specs including Survival and Demon dont, when it should be their #1 priority. 0 changes at 3 builds are really worrying.
    Don't you get it? They will make lots of changes to demo, but this time the last moments of the last usable time to make adjustments, this way they won't make the same mistake as on legion, where eveyone started complaining from the very beggining and they had to use some meanless excuses for the whole expantion! This time if the spec will be good or bad we will have no other choise but to accept it without complaining (last time we had to accept it , but we could complain even if it was pointless), 'cause it will be to late to adjust the spec (since once the expantion is live the only changes that can be done are buff/nerfs, minor changes to spell and few talents switches and not major rotation mechanics, legion demo is the proof)!!!!!!!!!!!

Deleted
    Well hopefully the changes are so overwhelming that implementing them one by one would make the spec unplayable, so they are waiting until they have all or most of them ready to go to testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    Well hopefully the changes are so overwhelming that implementing them one by one would make the spec unplayable, so they are waiting until they have all or most of them ready to go to testing.
    I disagree, if you make players wait over 18 months for some promised changes, sooner o later (better sooner, 'cause it's going to be to much later at this point) you have to give them something around thouse promises even if it's just about one spell (Demonic Empowerement)!

And i think (i can be wrong with these) after 18 months of demo's unplayability, its new built should have been the FIRST (together with hunters) to be released on alpha to be tested by players!
    Last edited by Demoros; 2018-02-10 at 01:51 PM.

Look, when you've got multiple people working on multiple projects at the same time, the small ones tend to get done sooner than the big ones. The Demo rebuild is the biggest spec overhaul in BfA, so of course it's going to be the last one to show up on the PTR. Unlike the specs where they're just moving a few talents around, there's no point shoving the changes out until the whole thing is ready.

It's not like there's no progress. We're seeing spells like Demonic Commander and Imp Swarm show up in the datamined files. They just don't have the full spec ready for testing yet, so it's not out there. What we see in the PTR files is NOT everything they have internally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    You do realise thats a positive thing right???

No changes means a significant rework, its quite obvious they are getting the lion share of the destro/afflic changes out of the way as fundamentally those two specs are not really changing much. This and they are still to implement the spell animation changes as well as the casting animations. Once that's done they can give their full attention to demo. It's all about time and resources, so it makes sense to focus on the easy stuff first to free up more of that time and resources to give a concentrated push on actually getting Demo right this time, something they should have done in the first place in Legion.

TL: DR Don't get your titties in a twist just yet, there is still a lot of dev time left to work on demo, just chill and let them get to it in good time.
    They had a whole expansion with their thumbs up there asses and still nothing to show for it...that bothers me.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly...they knew Demo was a failure since Legion Alpha and refused to listen...after going live and seeing how much of a epic fail it was they basically raised the white flag without even trying to fix it. (Considering a easy enough bandaid fix would have been just to get rid of DE or make it some kind of cooldown or a number of other fixes player have suggested)

But what do they do? Without even trying they come out and tell us it was a failure which was being told to them since Alpha...they tell us not to play it...so they've had the entire expansion to work on ideas...and yet not a single change.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Lets see that list then. Go ahead, ill wait. Since i already looked into this forever ago, i know you're completely fucking wrong, but go ahead.
    They changed almost everything from the initial builds of alpha. I was actually blown away at the time with how much they actually listened to and that they even did a few things verbatim from feedback.

Was it everything people asked for? No (that's impossible since people ask for contradictory things), was there a lot left to be desired? Absolutely.

But if you genuinely believe they changed "literally nothing" then you weren't paying attention or you're confusing open beta with alpha.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Affliction felt fluid for the most of legion with a few hickups here and there.
    With the return of shadow bolt - and retaining UA stacking mechanic. It would be great if affliction got back baseline haunt, and where UA was still our main dot, but not entire rotation revolved around WoC, UA, Reap.

Looks like a lot more pressing buttons, especially when considering Shadow Embrace, NightFall, and Creeping death.
    Talent changes suggest Blizzard is maintaining swapping talents depending on fight.
    reap souls is no longer (when 8.0). It was cool what it did , not how you did it.

Might be a possible return to rotations while keeping priority on modifiers/procs

Only time will tell since this is early alpha.
    Nerdrage-15 Minute Cooldown. You enter a berserker rage, increasing typing speed by 75%, chance to hit CAPS LOCK by 50% and decreasing chance to get laid by 100%. You feel no pity or remorse and can not be stopped unless banned.

I'd be interested to get at least a dev blog on plans for Demo. I understand that there are a lot of changes to make and a long way to go before we're even close to live, but some ideas of where they might be going with the spec would be nice, or at least a blue post indicating when we can expect some changes.
    That said, it's not really been that long, I can wait.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://bfa.wowhead.com/spell=264874/darkfury

That is a new talent for Demonology. You know things are either changing or a work in progress because they even have Doom as a talent for Demo and not supremacy. This is why posts like yours are nonconstructive and should be a infraction for posting.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoros View Post
    I disagree, if you make players wait over 18 months for some promised changes, sooner o later (better sooner, 'cause it's going to be to much later at this point) you have to give them something around thouse promises even if it's just about one spell (Demonic Empowerement)!

And i think (i can be wrong with these) after 18 months of demo's unplayability, its new built should have been the FIRST (together with hunters) to be released on alpha to be tested by players!
    If it's not ready it's not ready. Releasing a broken build would create even more outcries and raging on forums. Trust me, It's far better they hold back until it's ready for players even if it takes another 6 months.

15+ Year Old Account
    But what do they do? Without even trying they come out and tell us it was a failure which was being told to them since Alpha...they tell us not to play it...so they've had the entire expansion to work on ideas...and yet not a single change.
    The out of context "Don't play demo" was from before Legion Alpha. It was during a 6.2 dev QA stream and was in response to "Why are you nerfing demo warlocks into the ground". Let it go already. You missed the joke then, you still miss it now.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."