Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

None of the new races can be Death Knights (or Demon Hunters)

What do we think about this?

Deleted
    Ditching current character to play a new char up from 20 is no-go.
    Giving Blizzard $25 to flip a flag in the DB for race change is also a no-go.

Conclusion: I don't care about the new races at all

Makes sense in lore, but absolutely devalues them to nothingness for me, since I'm only interested in the velfs as a belf replacement on alliance side.

If nightborn could at least be druids, but I doubt that will be an option either :/.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-11-04 at 11:30 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Makes sense from a lore perspective.

Nightborne were isolated in Suramar, behind a giant shield, before and during events with the Lich King. No Nightborne corpses for him to raise. Highmountain tauren were isolated on the Broken Isles the same way.

Void Elves are just surviving High Elves being trained by Alleria to wield the Void. Would make no sense for a Void Elf to finish training then go find Illidan and be like "hey, I wanna be a Demon Hunter now." Besides, at the time of this happening Illidan will be locked up on Argus. Same with Death Knights.

Zandalari trolls; the same treatment as Nightborne and Highmountain tauren. Sure they were sailing around the globe and appearing on different continents, but in fewer numbers and once again isolated to specific areas. You could say, lore wise, all Zandalari have been wiped out in the revamped Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub as well as all locations in Pandaria. PLUS all this happened AFTER the events leading up to WotLK.

Dark Iron dwarves, meh, you could make the argument they were regulated inside Blackrock Mountain. Seems like the only logical sub-race to be Death Knights.

All in all, I'm fine with sub-races not being Death Knights or Demon Hunters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Makes sense from a lore perspective.

Nightborne were isolated in Suramar, behind a giant shield, before and during events with the Lich King. No Nightborne corpses for him to raise. Highmountain tauren were isolated on the Broken Isles the same way.

Void Elves are just surviving High Elves being trained by Alleria to wield the Void. Would make no sense for a Void Elf to finish training then go find Illidan and be like "hey, I wanna be a Demon Hunter now." Besides, at the time of this happening Illidan will be locked up on Argus. Same with Death Knights.

Zandalari trolls; the same treatment as Nightborne and Highmountain tauren. Sure they were sailing around the globe and appearing on different continents, but in fewer numbers and once again isolated to specific areas. You could say, lore wise, all Zandalari have been wiped out in the revamped Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub as well as all locations in Pandaria. PLUS all this happened AFTER the events leading up to WotLK.

Dark Iron dwarves, meh, you could make the argument they were regulated inside Blackrock Mountain. Seems like the only logical sub-race to be Death Knights.

All in all, I'm fine with sub-races not being Death Knights or Demon Hunters.
    I know it makes perfect sense lore-wise, but all of those new races will be pretty much inaccessible to a lot of players who play DKs or DHs. If you main one of those classes, you're just screwed. I mean sure you can always roll an alt as one of them, but your main matters most ofc, so you're getting shafted while other people get the advantage of an additional cosmetic choice for their main class.

7+ Year Old Account
    I know it makes perfect sense lore-wise, but all of those new races will be pretty much inaccessible to a lot of players who play DKs or DHs. If you main one of those classes, you're just screwed. I mean sure you can always roll an alt as one of them, but your main matters most ofc, so you're getting shafted while other people get the advantage of an additional cosmetic choice for their main class.
    So the highlighted is the problem. THAT mentality.

There is no shafting going on. Nobody is being punished. EVERYBODY is effected.

If you want to play the new races, level one like everyone else will have to.

I have 2 mains personally. One is a shaman, one is a death knight. I tend to play the DK more since I'm able to do end game content at a decently high level, and I don't feel any ill will because I can't play a Zandalari Troll DK.

I actually look forward to leveling a new race. That's the POINT of RPG games; experiencing your new character getting stronger.

EDIT: So I understand that race changing is a thing. Micro-transactions make Blizzard that sweet sweet moolah and if they wanted to increase their profits they could have allowed these new races to be DH's and DK's. However, I think maintaining the integrity of their game, in the long run, is a better play.

You can still unlock them, you just can’t play them as a DK or DH. If you already had a max level DK, why would you roll another one from an allied race? Try a new class!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bit upset since I'm a DK main but I guess it gives me an excuse to play an Alliance Rogue since I used to main Rogue before I played DK.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

10+ Year Old Account
    demon hunters have always only ever planned to be night elf and blood elf where is the problem?
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

7+ Year Old Account
    Why was that dev such a douche to that girl asking about a bigger quest log? Why not just increase it, why come up with some smug reply to her.
    #TeamSylvanas

This is like ''i ll quit the game if no Zandalari Trolls can be Dks''!! Im playing female troll cause of her ''standup stance'' and i m so eager to change to male Zandalari troll!!! This is unacceptable from the DK society people! So Blizzard do your magik and make it happened!!!

So Blizzard gives you something new but you then want even more. There is no satisfying you ever! You will always want more, more more more more!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Irons might be candidates for Death Knights, they said at Blizzcon (have they updated the BFA site with Dark Iron classes yet?). And none of the allied races were part of Illidan's forces during TBC, where the first half of the demon hunter starting quests take place (and the two elves join after the events of Legion entirely), so they'd have to devote time and resources to making a new demon hunter questline just for void elves and nightborne.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    let me remind you
    Wrath of the Lich King

The Zandalari trolls traveled to Zul'Drak in Northrend to record the fall of the Drakkari to the Scourge. They established bases at Zim'Torga and Dubra'Jin. In doing so, they discovered that the Drakkari were killing their loa to obtain their powers. This was something new; in the recent conflicts at Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub the loa had been imprisoned, not outright killed. The Zandalari opposed the Drakkari in their efforts to slay their gods, but still did not help them against the Scourge.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Zandalari_troll

Only question will be "why Zandalari DK will join Horde".

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Dark Irons might be candidates for Death Knights, they said at Blizzcon (have they updated the BFA site with Dark Iron classes yet?). And none of the allied races were part of Illidan's forces during TBC, where the first half of the demon hunter starting quests take place (and the two elves join after the events of Legion entirely), so they'd have to devote time and resources to making a new demon hunter questline just for void elves and nightborne.
    Dark iron dwarves are confirmed to be able to roll as DK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Dark iron dwarves are confirmed to be able to roll as DK.
    Wonderful, that answers what class mine will be. Going to go for a fire-and-frost look with her weapons and armor.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Allied Races have something in common: you level them from 20 to max. to get some heritage armor. That system wouldn't work with DKs and DHs.

As much as I would love to see it happen, I think it won't because of that reason.

Deleted
    I don't care because I don't play either but I will say those going "lore this and lore that, there weren't any of X race around when the Ebon Blade were raised" need to stop.

There also weren't any around when we traversed the Dark Portal or traveled to Northrend.

Blizzard could easily say Nightborne DK simply experience the legacy of their class when going through the starting zone.

5+ Year Old Account
    If new allied races would able to be DK and DH, who the hell would be play normal base races?)))..... wow full of void elfs and zandalari only - ISNT WOW anymore

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    If new allied races would able to be DK and DH, who the hell would be play normal base races?)))..... wow full of void elfs and zandalari only - ISNT WOW anymore
    But none of the allied races can be DHs, and only Dark Irons can be DKs.