Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

So what's the fastest leveling path now?

After 7.3.5 and come world level scaling, which is the best and fastest way to level an alt? I'll be purchasing BfA soon and level Velf warlock so I wanted to know what would be solid choice between: questing > dungeon or quest + queue in dungeon (doing dungeon quests once etc.)?

Please advice, thank u.

I'd quest and then queue, which is what I've been doing. I only do each once for the quests though. I'm not sure instances are worth it without it.

I find that doing zones that were previously pre-20 is a very efficient way of gaining XP thanks to the fact that they're designed around the assumption that players wouldn't have access to mounts yet.

As for dungeons, I never bother with them, not even for the initial quests, these days. I found I cut my average time spent per level by a significant amount once I stopped queueing for dungeons. I'll only do dungeons if one day I feel like boosting my leveling character with a max level char from a different account.

Quote Originally Posted by bbj View Post
    After 7.3.5 and come world level scaling, which is the best and fastest way to level an alt? I'll be purchasing BfA soon and level Velf warlock so I wanted to know what would be solid choice between: questing > dungeon or quest + queue in dungeon (doing dungeon quests once etc.)?

Please advice, thank u.
    There are several threads on this already if you spend some time on google. But generally speaking, if you know the zones well, questing will be the simplest. Not necessarily the fastest; just the simplest.

If you have a good pre-made group to do dungeons, those are probably going to be marginally quicker. You'll be able to smash larger pulls more quickly, and won't have to wait for derps to catch up, fail at mechanics, or otherwise be bad at the game. Technically having a dual box where a 110 runs you through shorter dungeons over and over will be the quickest.

For a solo player, chances are going to be that questing is your fastest route, throwing in the shorter dungeons with lots of quests. Avoid longer dungeons like Wailing caverns, or shorter dungeons with few quests, like Mauradon. Dire Maul is a 100% dumpster fire of time wasting. Scaling allows you to stick to zones originally designed for players without mounts, as they will be MUCH faster to complete with a mount. Use your map to see what the level range is. Anything that scales from 10-60 is where you want to be.

Otherwise you're going to want to have your general strategy ready to go. That means having all your heirlooms ready and enchanted, bags ready with food, pots, and flasks. The heirloom flight path books and mount help a lot in the early levels, and having gold to buy riding upgrades the second they're available will save time too. Know how to abuse the Garrison 20% experience pots once you hit WoD content. Use your hearth to save travel time back from quests as often as it's useful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    As for dungeons, I never bother with them, not even for the initial quests, these days. I found I cut my average time spent per level by a significant amount once I stopped queueing for dungeons. I'll only do dungeons if one day I feel like boosting my leveling character with a max level char from a different account.
    The main thing I used dungeons for was when my hearth wasn't ready to get me back from a series of quests at the 1-60 range. Switch to a tank or healer spec, insta-queue something short like RFC or Stockades, blast it out quick, then hearth back and turn in quests. Time saved was probably marginal, but it beats walking back to turn-in. This is especially useful when you haven't done the dungeon quests yet.

1. Learn Engineering
    2. Buy Wormhole: Argus toy from AH
    3. Port to Argus, go to nearest invasion point
    4. AFK invasions for 100 levels

I found it super efficient to just clear out all the lower level zones first, even with the travel time. The quests, both hubs and objectives, are all super clustered and a lot of them due to being designed around mountless characters.

My last character was a Tauren Hunter and I cleared Mulgore, flew to Razor Hill to get to 20, did Barrens, then did Silverpine, Hillsbrad, and Ghostlands.

Super boring but the levels flew by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    1. Learn Engineering
    Um, are the WQ's during invasions even visible below level 98?

1. Learn Engineering
    Just tested it and only got 6 bar of exp at lvl 27, so not worth

Quote Originally Posted by huerohueroxxx View Post
    Just tested it and only got 6 bar of exp at lvl 27, so not worth
    Except you can get like 6 bars every 2-3 minutes or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Except you can get like 6 bars every 2-3 minutes or so.
    But i can repeat it all the times i want? o have to wait 5hours

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bbj View Post

Please advice, thank u.
    You can buy a boost to max level from the in-game shop. That's fastest.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    You can buy a boost to max level from the in-game shop. That's fastest.
    Heritage armor

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huerohueroxxx View Post
    But i can repeat it all the times i want? o have to wait 5hours
    You don't.
    im doing it right now
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2018-02-10 at 04:32 PM.

Deleted
    Heritage armor
    He didn't say anything about it

Does the invasion just never count as done since you're not 110, and it becomes repeatable?
    Sorry, don't have the moment to watch your stream to find out :x

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    He didn't say anything about it
    If they bought BfA and wanted to level a void elf, I think it's pretty self explanatory, since BfA comes with a boost they could have used instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Get a friend to boost you in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Does the invasion just never count as done since you're not 110, and it becomes repeatable?
    Sorry, don't have the moment to watch your stream to find out :x
    You can redo the invasion as many times as you want, all you have to do is get into a different group.
    It's quite a hassle to set up tho - you have to be lucky with your wormhole and have a few death runs for argus portals.
    Some invasion bosses also give less exp or a certain phase takes longer (phase 2 for Sangua as a example).
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2018-02-10 at 05:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    1. Learn Engineering
    Shh, they mustn’t know our secrets!

You can redo the invasion as many times as you want, all you have to do is get into a different group.
    It's quite a hassle to set up tho - you have to be lucky with your wormhole and have a few death runs for argus portals.
    Some invasion bosses also give less exp or a certain phase takes longer (phase 2 for Sangua as a example).
    Interesting, thanks

I just self-boost in stockades.

Open 2 WoW's and just relog from your boostie to main and your boostie will dc out, but still get the XP.

Stockades can be run in 40 secs with Bear tartare.

50%+ per run.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    I just self-boost in stockades.

Open 2 WoW's and just relog from your boostie to main and your boostie will dc out, but still get the XP.

Stockades can be run in 40 secs with Bear tar-tar.

50%+ per run.
    Is this with 1 active account or two?