10+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang next Horde Leader, he'll slay Sylvanas !

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or he might think the best thing for his orcs, for everyone, is to stop this war and get everyone focused on saving the planet. And the best person to talk to about stopping this war is clearly Anduin.
    Saurfang is many things but being a diplomat is not one of them. He says so himself. Whatever he has to say to Anduin, it has nothing to do with negotiating truces.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnoressa View Post
    Far more likely that Saurfang was meeting Anduin as a prisoner to express concerns about Sylvanas.
    Why would he do that with the enemy? If Saurfang had any issues with Sylvanas he would have spoken that with the Horde first, not the Alliance. It's not like Sylvanas is so incredibly trusted and loved that you couldn't do that anyway.

I imagine the burning of Teldrassil and the plaguing of Lordaeron don't sit too well with an old honorable Orc like him.
    Nor should plotting behind his faction's back with the enemy said faction is currently at war.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    With any luck, Saurfang meeting with Anduin will be the beginning of the permanent end for Horde vs Alliance and the faction split. Warcraft's story has to evolve past it eventually and Battle for Azeroth being the last hoorah for it would be nice.
    Good luck with that. If Garrosh's war and Pandaria holy lessons didn't succeed to stop that for good, nothing will.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Ion doesnt see difference.
    Of course not. Blood Elves are indeed High Elves, they just picked a different name some time ago.

I mean, do you remember Blood Elves once called themselves High Elves, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Ugly as sin, lmao.

Hope the people that genuinely like it enjoy it though.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't know they don't have the animations until we really see an allied race, though.

NPC versions often have a lot of animations disabled compared to the player model version.
    I can say now that I really look at that armor, it doesn't seem far off of what Blizzard can do now with Armor and 3D models. So maybe there is still hope

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck with that
    I mean, with certain races this is true, some wounds never truly heal. That said if the Faction war theme had to...slow down a bit, I'd prefer it took roughly 5-10 years later(In the game, not IRL)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Do Ogres have a different laugh now?
    Was watching Nobbel's stream with the Horde chars versus the Ogre Shark Guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    Saurfang next Horde Leader, he'll slay Sylvanas !
    I was kinda worried he didn't go with the other Horde members etc...
    Maybe he can be free and rally his people in Orgrimmar?
    For the Horde!

Had Saurfang want to deal with Sylvanas, he would have chopped her head off (or at least attempted) instead of conspiring with Anduin. This is ridiculous notion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I mean, with certain races this is true, some wounds never truly heal. That said if the Faction war theme had to...slow down a bit, I'd prefer it took roughly 5-10 years later(In the game, not IRL)
    That's for sure. I guess Blizzard used the "Great War" approach, where BfA is the "WW2" of the situation, a conflict born as indirect consequence of Garrosh's war (the "WW1") so by Warcraft's standards the conflicts in question had to have very little time separating them (especially now that the Burning Legion is gone). But yeah, for this very reason BfA should be the faction conflict that resolves several plot points and character developments, as well the uneasy truce of MoP that only Garrosh becoming the universal "big bad" made it possible to achieve.

Once BfA is done, we should go back to minor skirmishes and all the shit we saw between Classic and TBC (and WotLK, to an extent). Some time will have to pass before a conflict of such ginormous scale happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffan View Post
    Had Saurfang want to deal with Sylvanas, he would have chopped her head off (or at least attempted) instead of conspiring with Anduin. This is ridiculous notion.
    Thanks, someone gets it.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffan View Post
    Probably because he's smart enough to know Sylvanas would cheat in mak'gora and throwing his life away like that brings him no honor and does nothing to help the Horde. We already see from the azerite cinematic that he knows Baine has his back. He probably wants to make sure Anduin knows that the whole Horde didn't suddenly go crazy.

When you're dealing with a crazy undead lady whose number one goal is self preservation at any cost and is willing to bring everyone around her down to accomplish that, it's probably best to make sure everyone is on board and knows who's on whose side when the time to deal with her comes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because he's smart enough to know Sylvanas would cheat in mak'gora and throwing his life away like that brings him no honor and does nothing to help the Horde.
    Quite the contrary, throwing his life away to expose Sylvanas as someone willing to cheat to win a Mak'gora would automatically turn every Orc, Tauren and Troll against her. Considered what happened with Magatha when he poisoned Garrosh's weapon and that Sylvanas is not the most trusted person on Azeroth, every important figure of the Horde would keep his eyes pointed on her.

We already see from the azerite cinematic that he knows Baine has his back. He probably wants to make sure Anduin knows that the whole Horde didn't suddenly go crazy.
    Yeah, that's why he mocked Anduin right after being captured in Lordaeron. And Saurfang doesn't need the support of the Alliance as long he can get the one of the Horde if getting rid of Sylvanas is what he wants. Most of the faction would easily trust him over her, anyway.

When you're dealing with a crazy undead lady whose number one goal is self preservation at any cost and is willing to bring everyone around her down to accomplish that, it's probably best to make sure everyone is on board and knows who's on whose side when the time to deal with her comes.
    We're not going to see a "Garrosh 2.0 but worse and more predictable" story arc, mark my words. And we're also somehow forgetting that the one who put Sylvanas in charge, Vol'jin, is meant to play a role later in the BfA story.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2018-02-10 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    We're not going to see "Garrosh 2.0 but worse and more predictable" story arc, mark my words. And we're also somehow forgetting that the one who put Sylvanas in charge, Vol'jin, is meant to play a role later in the BfA story.
    I genuinely hope you're right, but Before the Storm and Battle for Azeroth are going to have to be the most well written pieces of Warcraft media ever to make anything else even slightly believable.

Deleted
    Are we really thinking Saurfang goes Alliance just because he says 'Take me to your boy-king'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    Are we really thinking Saurfang goes Alliance just because he says 'Take me to your boy-king'?
    I'm not, I think people are a bit crazy. Saurfang is no traitor to the Horde, at best he'll be more courteous to Anduin(Because it's Varian's son) then the other faction leaders.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not, I think people are a bit crazy. Saurfang is no traitor to the Horde, at best he'll be more courteous to Anduin(Because it's Varian's son) then the other faction leaders.
    People are just justifyingly paranoid to another Mists 2.0 (storywise). We'll see where it leads or if it leads to nothing and he was actually buying time, which is extreamly doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    I'm 99% sure he will once again ask for a fight and a honorable death.
    The other 1% is him trying to make some sort of peace deal.

Zero chance of Saurfang betraying the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    I'm 99% sure he will once again ask for a fight and a honorable death.
    The other 1% is him trying to make some sort of peace deal.

Zero chance of Saurfang betraying the Horde.
    Threesome with Wrathion and Boy-King.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

To be honest, none of the scenarios in which Sylvanas is not warchief anymore are particularly appealing.

If she's getting killed, she will become another Garrosh.
    If she's sacrificing herself, she will become another Illidan.
    If she steps down and let someone else rule, she will become another Thrall.

I'd like her to someday care as much about the Horde as she cares about her Forsaken and simply be a somewhat decent Warchief.

But oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I genuinely hope you're right, but Before the Storm and Battle for Azeroth are going to have to be the most well written pieces of Warcraft media ever to make anything else even slightly believable.
    You're not the first person saying that and unfortunately I can't say you're wrong. We can only hope Golden joining the lore team will grant the sufficient buff to at least not make this story a god-awful atrocity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    You're not the first person saying that and unfortunately I can't say you're wrong. We can only hope Golden joining the lore team will grant the sufficient buff to at least not make this story a god-awful atrocity.
    Well from what I hear from her twitter, she seems to be very excited to be on the team and well they're very careful on what lines to say and it being perfect or something like that(Her twitter anyways).

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    I agree, while I don't think he's going to be courteous in a human kind of way. But courteous enough not to hit him on the nose maybe

I keep getting the feeling that people think, you can be turned traitor just by being confronted with different views. And maybe a weak minded individual might, but Saurfang is not one of those.
    Even if Anduin tells him something he needed to hear and something that makes him think, he is not going to turn traitor. The only thing I could imagine Anduin might tell Saurfang that interests him might be if Sylvanas has kept the nature of Azerite hidden from him. And then he is absolutely not going to turn on the Horde, but much more likely returning there to kick Sylvanas's butt. Or face. Together with the rest of the Horde. And maybe some Draenor orcs, if he thinks he may need more help.
    And he'll tell Anduin to either kill him or let him go, because the Horde will take care of it's own problem without help from the Alliance this time. (If, indeed, there is a problem at all.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    To be honest, none of the scenarios in which Sylvanas is not warchief anymore are particularly appealing.

If she's getting killed, she will become another Garrosh.
    If she's sacrificing herself, she will become another Illidan.
    If she steps down and let someone else rule, she will become another Thrall.

I'd like her to someday care as much about the Horde as she cares about her Forsaken and simply be a somewhat decent Warchief.

But oh well.
    Eh I think out of all those, her sacrificing herself for someone is the most appropiate throughtout the course of her arc. She's shown to care for her sisters (Ghostlands pendant quest anyone?) and for Nathanos (kinda), though in a twisted way because her emotions are dulled. Illidan wasn't a sacrifice as much as he wanted payback. it fits with his character arc, her dying for someone like she died for her country would be a not too bad way to close her arc.

Much better than another fucking Mists that's for sure. I'd like for her to stay as WC too, but it ain't happening, Blizzard isn't clever or has the ability to close the conflict while Genn, Jaina and her are still in the story.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2018-02-10 at 06:21 PM.