Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I'm telling you that I did some quick research and found that you're either just outright making shit up or don't have a clue what you're talking about.

There is no case of someone getting arrested for simply protesting.
    "It's Now Illegal to Protest Oil and Gas Exploration in New Zealand"

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/z...in-new-zealand

You were saying? "This amendment follows a controversial law passed last year limiting protesting at sea, whereby offenders can face fines of up to $100,000 or a year in prison. "

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    That is not what this is about...
    Actually at its core it is. "Fake News" could easily be corrupted into "your political opinion is wrong and therefore must be censored" and the track record of humanity leaves me little hope it wont...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of them are not news outlets. They're source-less conspiracy sites.
    So I guess CTV is then? Because some women decide to go to them to report an act of assault over the police? If someone like Patrick Brown gets found innocent, CTV will go down in a ball of fire in a defamation lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Actually at its core it is. "Fake News" could easily be corrupted into "your political opinion is wrong and therefore must be censored" and the track record of humanity leaves me little hope it wont...
    Trying to prove that point with how we got shafted and lost the right to protect our pristine coastal lands and they just say Im making it up.

Cant win

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    That is such a dumb thing to say. It didn't affect the election here in the United States. No more and no less than Reddit or Twitter or Google did.
    Then why all the hype and media coverage doll?

Really, Vice? There's also zero sources. And it's from 2014.

Here's one from last year where people protested and actually stopped drilling from happening.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/...mains-on-offer

You were saying??
    Ok if you only believe stuff then heres that proof are as well http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...ing-protesters

How do you know those people didnt get arrested or charged? Just because its illegal doesnt mean people cant do it and face punishment

Also worth noting that was a bill passed under National. Theres recently a new government branch in under labor which are trying to reverse the laws and https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/993...ve-new-zealand are starting to back off. So its happened here, no reason it cant happen to canada
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-02-10 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    They lied about Russian Documents about Trump,
    You are doing well at demonstrating one of the dangers of fake news, that so many people genuinely believe the demonstrably false things are facts.

Thanks for your demonstration, so far you've provided an excellent example of fake news and shown why it is so dangerous.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

You're sharing more shit from 2014.

I'm done with you.
    Because thats when the bill im talking about was passed under the national government ya dolt

Oh look, the first person who doesn't know what free speech is.
    Free speech is being able to say what ever you want whenever you want on public land or on your own land as long as it doesn't cause immediate harm to another person (Such as calling for someones death or yelling "FIRE" in a crowded place).

"Fake News" isn't something that should be censored, as crying "Fake News" could be just be a convenient way to cover up something that is actually real (Even if the source is somewhat dubious).

Take for example the #MeTo thing going on right now. Some of these are obviously legitimate. But some could vary easily be made up for a money grab or attention grab. Which ones do you ignore?

We used to have a "You decide" attitude when it came to news, but now everyone takes the words of a News Anchor as the The Truth. We need a more educated electorate, not censored speech.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    i know, i agree that it is a slippery slope. But just because something has a risk or something is hard we shouldnt shy away from it. The fact is that this issue exists. Issues need to be dealt with and we just need to be careful that we dont go down the road of corruption. just have to be careful. But outright calling it an attack on freedom of speech will stop us from dealing with these issues right from the start.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    We used to have a "You decide" attitude when it came to news, but now everyone takes the words of a News Anchor as the The Truth. We need a more educated electorate, not censored speech.
    Thats the core issue right there. Education/peoples intelligence needs to be improved not shutting people down for having incorrect opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Yuelle View Post
    Poor Zuck... He's working so HARD for them too...

NO WRONGTHINK ALLOWED, ZUCK! NO NARRATIVES COUNTER TO THE OFFICIAL NARRATIVE!
    It's never enough. The far left eats its own constantly. It's a never ending competition of moral superiority.

Looks like Trudeau doesn't want people discussing how much of an idiot he is, funny this is after he interrupted a woman and corrected her saying mankind then said "we prefer peoplekind" and it went viral on the internet.

Trudeau is so brave to protect his citizens from politically incorrect news. The new Canadian ministry of truth will make sure Canadians are only thinking proper thoughts and using correct grammar which is in agreement with Canadian™ values.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    What does this have to with facebook and fake news? Stay on topic bruv.

How does one know what news is 100% true or not when the mainstream media has been known to manipulate and lie about the truth? Asking the impossible, more so when news can be easily manipulated to sway politics... i.e. propaganda.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2018-02-10 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    What does this have to with facebook and fake news? Stay on topic bruv.
    That is on topic. He came out an apologized for it. Saying that it wasn't the whole story and a joke. Do you know what fake news is? If what he's saying is true, that is was a joke, then places like the guardian are misrepresenting him. Fake news more or less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

"Information is power, but like all power there are some people who want to keep it for themselves" - Aaron Swartz

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Trudeau is so brave to protect his citizens from politically incorrect news. The new Canadian ministry of truth will make sure Canadians are only thinking proper thoughts and using correct grammar which is in agreement with Canadian™ values.
    Lol ministry of truth sounds like something out of harry potter. Nice one ^^

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Ehh if Canadians support this they will continue to vote for him, most the Canadians I know and still play with fall into that category so I don't guess I can complain. But is this stopping at political hit pieces or is it going to be something across all news topics?

An example from both sides of the political spectrum in America here, but the way both veteran suicides and wage gap are represented in various media outlets are bordering on fake news with the amount of fact omitting or choice wording to create an very different scenario then reality. I'm just curious how things like that would be handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    How does one know what news is 100% true or not when the mainstream media has been known to manipulate and lie about the truth? Asking the impossible, more so when news can be easily manipulated to sway politics... i.e. propaganda.
    Read outside your bubble from multiple sources(That goes for anyone in a bubble... Not saying that you're in one). To find the truth you'll have to dig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.