Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    It would make no sense at all. Unless Arthas too had a time traveling army

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    But none of the allied races can be DHs, and only Dark Irons can be DKs.
    That's kinda why he said "if" at the start.

But personally I don't care. There's only 2 I'd consider playing right now: Velf and Zandalari trolls. The others just don't tickle my pickle. Doesn't matter what class they could be, I wouldn't play them.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Dark Irons could get DK added as a Class later, wait and see.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    ...Dark Irons could get DK added as a Class later, wait and see.
    It’s already confirmed that they can be DKs...

Deleted
    Personally the only one that really confuses me is that void elf's can't be demon hunters, it's entirely feasible for a blood elf demon hunter to study the void too far, especially given that the whole point of the demon hunter class is to "fight fire with fire" re: the burning legion and I'm 99.99% sure the burning legion uses void. Granted it gets a bit confusing with the starting zones but if you played through the Demon hunter starting zone as a blood elf like literally 1-2 quests (similar to worgens getting worgen form in cata) would make them prime candidates for void elves.

By who? Early alpha datamining?

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    By who? Early alpha datamining?

Yes.

/10chars

you confuse this with the Paladin announcement for DI

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    you confuse this with the Paladin announcement for DI
    Their classes list includes Death Knights.

Honestly, both Void Elves and Nightborne should just be given DHs and say that the Illidari were recruiting after Illidan's sacrifice to try and keep their order around. Maybe they recruit some of the fel scarred or fel absorbed Nightborne into their order to rehabilitate them while the VE think that they can learn to delve deeper into the void and master it with similar practices. Maybe they could just make a bluer version of the NE metamorphosis forms for NB and dark purple BE forms for the VE and call it a day.

Either way it would be cool to have more DH diversity and continue the DH story after Legion. Maybe we can get to it in the next xpac.

Deleted
    Actually... void elf Demon hunters should have been possible. There really is no reason not to as the Void elves canonically happen after the end of Legion. The demon hunters belfs can go back home and dabble in some void.

The other races i don't see how. Unless ofc, blizz pulls a fast one and creates new lore.

DK's... are still Lich king's. The highborn were locked away, The void elves didn't exist, the High mountain didn't leave and the Light forged weren't there.

So, yeah... Void elves DH's are the only ones that honestly could have happened. But it would create an unbalance i guess. The problem is that DH's are a hero class and start at 100 so it fecks everything up.

Therefore none fits the bill.

Their classes list includes Death Knights.
    Where do you get this from?, not even WoWHead has this information. Source please.

Where do you get this from?, not even WoWHead has this information. Source please.
    Yes they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't even have DIs listed under races...MMOChamp only says Paladin.

I haven't seen anywhere that has confirmed they can be DKs...

http://www.wowhead.com/news=281631/e...-and-npc-races

Granted, this is the same data that says Vulpera can be Death Knights, so I wouldn't go as far to say "Confirmed" as much as "In Development"

I think that if Demonhunter could be allied races you'd see an awful lot of people playing demonhunters just to unlock the heritage armor

Same goes for DK's but to a lesser extent as it doesn't take that long to get from 20-55 anyway.

It's worth reading the few sentences after the class list tbh. "The final inconsistency is that in the Forbes Interview it was stated that Death Knights wouldn't be an Allied Race."

I'm tempted to believe that those classes are placeholder but we'll have to wait and see.

Looking at some of the lore compromises so far (tauren paladins come to mind here), I'm all for it. It makes no sense for a Nightborne to be a DK. It makes no sense for a Highmountain to be a DH. Not only would it be a poor fit with their cultural vibe - in many cases it'd simply have been impossible to explain.

tl;dr It's fine, I prefer it this way, plus points to Blizz for sticking to their own setting.

Well, Lightforged were not around when Illidan was training DHs or DKs were being risen for the LKs army. Neither were Void Elves. Nightborn and Highnmountain were sealed away from the rest of Azeroth. It would not make sense for those races to be either of those classes. Also fo DHs only BEs and NEs were trained. So you wont have others. Inhabitants of KT may be eligible since they were around. Not sure about the Zaandalari, They may have been too isolated. It all makes sense.

It's funny that people bitch about Blizzard not sticking with lore then when they do, even more bitching comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Blizzard only cares about lore when it saves them development resources, anyone who believes otherwise is retarded and hasn't seen.

Lightforged Draenei for example can be fucking shadow priests...
    Do you think they would bother to develop the technology to lock out a specific spec to a specific class for a specific race? Especially when people will complain how it's unfair they can't play a Lightforged Shadow Priest?

Just isn't worth the effort I imagine...