Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    It doesn't make sense, because they'd have to be in the same group. You need a 3rd person to keep the group around while you're switching toons.

EDIT: You also don't get xp while offline so I think the person is trolling.
    That's what I assumed was the case too. I wanted confirmation, because it sounded too good to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    People have been doing this for a very long time already, would be weird to get hotfixed right now.
    I could see it honestly, with the release of Allied races, Blizzard suddenly deciding "yeah that isn't good".

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    That's what I assumed was the case too. I wanted confirmation, because it sounded too good to be true.
    It works.

Doesn't count as "offline", but DC'd.
    Your character is still in game for a duration and can gain XP

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    inb4 hotfix.
    It's been in the game for months now

It doesn't make sense, because they'd have to be in the same group. You need a 3rd person to keep the group around while you're switching toons.

It might not make sense to you, but it is perfectly logical with custom groups and 2 WoW clients open.
    Self-boosting has been around for a long time.

I did a video a long ago on it.
    Outdated now(custom groups linger), but the principal remains the same.

Guide: How to Self Boost a Raid Lock

10+ Year Old Account
    When you guys are running dungeon boosts, do you bother to clear monsters or is it just a dead run for objectives?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    When you guys are running dungeon boosts, do you bother to clear monsters or is it just a dead run for objectives?
    Sunfire everything for Bear tartare speed proc

I fear the banhammer with this invasion XP thingy xD

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    I fear the banhammer with this invasion XP thingy xD
    Why? It's not an exploit in any way.

You could accomplish the same thing by just having a Warlock summon you there. If they want to stop engineers getting to argus they can just make the toy require level 110.

10+ Year Old Account

It definitely works. If you force a d/c, the character will remain logged in for a bit, long enough for you to run in with your 110. The offline character still gets the dungeon completion bonus.

Never seemed worth it, to me, as you have to constantly d/c your carry character. At least, to my knowledge, you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    Stockades can be done in 45 secs with Bear tartare.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are boosting, then efficiency should be your top priority.
    No class is too slow for Vortex with bear tartare.
    I don't use bear tartare.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    I don't use bear tartare.
    You should.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    It definitely works. If you force a d/c, the character will remain logged in for a bit, long enough for you to run in with your 110. The offline character still gets the dungeon completion bonus.

Never seemed worth it, to me, as you have to constantly d/c your carry character. At least, to my knowledge, you do.
    Honestly, it is still better than all the alternatives, besides boosting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    You should.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, it is still better than all the alternatives, besides boosting.
    Never even heard of it before.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Never even heard of it before.
    You have now.

It is the most useful item in Legion, besides Flightmaster's Whistle

So just in the interest of science I leveled a new character to 10 and got him to Invasion point: Sangua

At this level, each boss kill gives me 75% of a level and takes around 2 minutes.

A faster invasion point would probably be better but I can't get to Antoran Wastes, and the invasion in Mac'Aree is Aurinor which isn't a good one to try.

Edit: Going from 11 to 12 only got half a level, I guess because my rested XP is gone.

Edit: Since then I started immediately leaving when finished and joining a new group. If you end up in a group that's just finishing up you can do it much faster. I went from level 12 to level 13 in less than a minute.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2018-02-10 at 10:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    So just in the interest of science I leveled a new character to 10 and got him to Invasion point: Sangua

At this level, each boss kill gives me 75% of a level and takes around 2 minutes.

A faster invasion point would probably be better but I can't get to Antoran Wastes, and the invasion in Mac'Aree is Aurinor which isn't a good one to try.

Edit: Going from 11 to 12 only got half a level, I guess because my rested XP is gone.
    Its around 16% at lvl 30

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Its around 16% at lvl 30
    It's the same around level 95. It's basically 2 quests worth of XP.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, been testing this for a few hours, and it looks to me like Krokuun and MacAree are the only possible destinations. Never been sent to Antoran Wastes. It must require unlocking via the Argus questline to get there.

Went from level 10-14 on my warrior in around 15 minutes. Probably would be a lot faster with a different invasion point, as Sangua is quite slow waiting for trash to spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    It's the same around level 95. It's basically 2 quests worth of XP.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, been testing this for a few hours, and it looks to me like Krokuun and MacAree are the only possible destinations. Never been sent to Antoran Wastes. It must require unlocking via the Argus questline to get there.

Went from level 10-14 on my warrior in around 15 minutes. Probably would be a lot faster with a different invasion point, as Sangua is quite slow waiting for trash to spawn.
    there are guys threatening to report and call us hackers <_<

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    there are guys threatening to report and call us hackers <_<
    Was that you the level 52 on the Tallstrider? Haha. Seems a few people reading this thread are trying it out.

Wasn't me