Taking down that pink rathian and then easily dispatching nergigante has really helped me with this game. Speed of her attacks and having to get them down to counter them has helped me with nearly every other "normal"class of monster in high rank, they all seem so damned slow by comparison. I used to feel I couldn't take the high rank monsters down myself but I just went face first into a few of them last night and downed them all without a single faint, though I haven't tried diablos. normal diablos is a pain for me for some reason. I think it's his massive invisible hitbox . Still have yet to face anymore elder dragons though as I'm looking for their tracks, so I'm sure they will put me in my place.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Tbh you don't really need much of that at all until you get to the tougher HR monsters and even then they aren't *required*.
    They do make things considerably easier when used correctly though for sure.
    The one thing that's really useful though are the Immunizers. Ever notice when you take damage that part of your health pool stays in red? Using an Immunizer that is yellow instead and actually regens back up on its own.

@EyelessCrow I find diablos annoying, but its more than he just repeatedly charges back and forth and then when he's done doing that he burrows underground and you just don't get a ton of opportunities to drill him. He's a lot like some of the more annoying flying monsters that way.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

So I beat the story and I'm just wondering, does it ever become possible to have each armor set with equal defense or do some sets always have more than others?

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    So I beat the story and I'm just wondering, does it ever become possible to have each armor set with equal defense or do some sets always have more than others?
    In past games lower ranked armor capped out lower than higher ranked armor (because they could both be upgraded the same amount of times but one starts lower) I would assume this game is the same but I haven't looked into it.

Defense is less important later on than the other skills/resists the armors have.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

So how can you tell that you can capture a monster? I know when they limp away is an obvious sign but I've reached the point that killing the monster before they start doing that is a real possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to hear your opinions folks. These days 20% I play my console PS4, 80% mostly playing my PC gaming.

So the question is shall I wait for the pc release for the game? I am really fighting the urge to get it in console. I always prefer pc for a lot of reasons but the problem all we know for now that the release of the game for pc will be this year 2018 but don't know specifically when.

So how can you tell that you can capture a monster? I know when they limp away is an obvious sign but I've reached the point that killing the monster before they start doing that is a real possibility.
    Limping, noises (like whimpering) on some monsters, a skull will show up on the map too as they run away. Not sure if its there when you're fighting or if its only after it starts limping as I just noticed it.

But you basically need to have a feel for how long it takes you to kill something and when you should start easing up to see if its weak enough yet. If you think its getting dicey, just stop attacking and see what it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the bottom left of the screen by the map is a list of the monsters you're tracking. It also shows a heartbeat. When that begins to flatline, it should be weak enough to capture. Though occasionally they enrage and it spikes back up. At least I think that's what that is, could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I want to hear your opinions folks. These days 20% I play my console PS4, 80% mostly playing my PC gaming.

So the question is shall I wait for the pc release for the game? I am really fighting the urge to get it in console. I always prefer pc for a lot of reasons but the problem all we know for now that the release of the game for pc will be this year 2018 but don't know specifically when.
    No one can really answer that for you.

I didn't even own a console, my last one was a ps2. I've been exclusively PC gaming for quite some time now, but I freaking love monster hunter and wows content drought just started. So after a lot of internal debate I decided to buy a ps4 for this game(it helps that there's other ps4 exclusives I think I'll enjoy as well), and I'm absolutely happy with that choice. I still have every intention of buying it on PC, its actually kind of annoying playing a console game at this point because I'm spoiled by how much quicker my computer is at doing everything and being able to alt tab during load screens etc. There's just a lot of convenience with a PC that isn't present with a console.

But yeah, its up to you if you want to wait until late this year or not. Especially if you play wow where the xpac could be coming out by then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    In the bottom left of the screen by the map is a list of the monsters you're tracking. It also shows a heartbeat. When that begins to flatline, it should be weak enough to capture. Though occasionally they enrage and it spikes back up. At least I think that's what that is, could be wrong.
    I thought that at first, but I'm pretty sure its just the monsters anger level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    No one can really answer that for you.

I didn't even own a console, my last one was a ps2. I've been exclusively PC gaming for quite some time now, but I freaking love monster hunter and wows content drought just started. So after a lot of internal debate I decided to buy a ps4 for this game(it helps that there's other ps4 exclusives I think I'll enjoy as well), and I'm absolutely happy with that choice. I still have every intention of buying it on PC, its actually kind of annoying playing a console game at this point because I'm spoiled by how much quicker my computer is at doing everything and being able to alt tab during load screens etc. There's just a lot of convenience with a PC that isn't present with a console.

But yeah, its up to you if you want to wait until late this year or not. Especially if you play wow where the xpac could be coming out by then.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought that at first, but I'm pretty sure its just the monsters anger level.

THIS man you nailed it this is one of the main reasons man because yeah haha I am moody when it comes to video games I like to tab out and drink some tea and watching other stuff while playing at the same time (multitasking ftw haha) but yeah this is me.

THIS man you nailed it this is one of the main reasons man because yeah haha I am moody when it comes to video games I like to tab out and drink some tea and watching other stuff while playing at the same time (multitasking ftw haha) but yeah this is me.
    If I had a second screen (which I've been debating forever) it'd pretty much be a non issue outside of me always using headphones meaning I need to keep swapping them back and forth.

That said if you already have the console its a no brainer imo. The game is absolutely fantastic.

So I managed to beat the mission where you have to beat 2 bazelgeuse, took alot of patience and it really makes you feel like you're being punished for playing melee.

In other news I was fighting Teostra when all of a sudden Nergigante shows up and beats the crap out of him. Had no clue that could happen but it was hilarious.

So I managed to beat the mission where you have to beat 2 bazelgeuse, took alot of patience and it really makes you feel like you're being punished for playing melee.
    After 160h using the bow, I decided to try Sword'n'Shield, I found it a lot easier, I just hack'n'slash at the monster while sticking to its face or under it and it seems to hit weak point everytime without trouble, with the bow you have to aim and sometimes wings are in the fucking way, they move their heads at the last second, you starve for Stamina, etc...
    Only difficult fight was Bazelgeuse but I'm pretty sure it's because SnS is too short, with a big weapon reaching the head or tail would be no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Only difficult fight was Bazelgeuse but I'm pretty sure it's because SnS is too short, with a big weapon reaching the head or tail would be no problem.
    For me reach wasn't an issue, it was those exploding scales he constantly drops that you can't always see. This is one of the only fights that seem to demand fire resistance since I can't see you beating him without it.

Anyone know what the minimum fire resistance needed is to become immune to burning?
    Last edited by everydaygamer; 2018-02-11 at 02:10 PM.

For me reach wasn't an issue, it was those exploding scales he constantly drops that you can't always see. This is one of the only fights that seem to demand fire resistance since I can't see you beating him without it.

Anyone know what the minimum fire resistance needed is to become immune to burning?
    Pretty much every attack he does drops scales until he runs out. His attacks are very slow so its just a matter of paying attention and not fighting where he iust dropped them.

Iirc you have to max a resistance to be immune which should be 25.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    If I had a second screen (which I've been debating forever) it'd pretty much be a non issue outside of me always using headphones meaning I need to keep swapping them back and forth.

That said if you already have the console its a no brainer imo. The game is absolutely fantastic.

I got it yesterday and played it a little bit. Finished the first main quest with the giant lizard boss (Forgot the name).

Ok I must admit it that I am surprised (not in a good way tbh). I mean this is my first time playing the franchise but I know about the older ones the ones that used to be in PSP and more.

I was trying sword and board style with shield and one handed sword (Axe in this case). Is the combat in general this slow? and can I say so clunky tbh I was expecting something like Nier Automata or AC origin or at least first Dark Souls (which is way slower pace fighting style compare to the other souls series).

Look I know I will get attacked by a lot of people by saying this but yeah. The game is not bad at all but I was expecting more way more tbh because of the amount of players hyping it I was expecting something beyond Bloodborne or AC origin quality but I guess I was wrong haha.

Could it be that maybe because of my choice of weapons? I will try switching around to see if the combat gets better because now it's so annoying and slow. And I get it that the fighting style require planning, predicting the monsters movements, and focus on the weak points I understand that but I still do think it's waaay too slow for me tbh, maybe it's the weapon I will try some other type of weapons.

I will give the game more chances but for now? I am not that impressed compare to the amount of people hyped it for me.

Another thing that annoyed me like hell is the intro I know they are trying to create a story and stuff since it's technically an open world RPG but that intro was so annoying I was like asking myself "Can I start controlling my character now and play please?"

I got it yesterday and played it a little bit. Finished the first main quest with the giant lizard boss (Forgot the name).
    None of the fights I saw looked more interesting than Midir or Gael. Nergigante fight is one of the big bad fights and you can just hug his face to finish it off quickly pull off the odd superman dive if you get your positioning wrong

Could it be that maybe because of my choice of weapons? I will try switching around to see if the combat gets better because now it's so annoying and slow. And I get it that the fighting style require planning, predicting the monsters movements, and focus on the weak points I understand that but I still do think it's waaay too slow for me tbh, maybe it's the weapon I will try some other type of weapons.
    Sword'n'Shield is one of the fastest weapon just so you know.