Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Titan facility, possible artificial old god, Azshara, old god references wherever you look, new models for C'thraxxi and faceless ones.

"Filler expansion"

Topkek.

We are one week into Alpha and people already moaning. Get a life nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewun Intent View Post
    I never had this feeling with other expansions before, but something in my mind is telling me that this is the end of WoW for real this time.
    To you perhaps.
    Which sucks for you, but there are many other games out there and I'm sure you'll be able to find a new one.

And calling BfA a "filler expansion" is just memeworthy at this point as a gauge for the intelligence of a poster. No, bad expansions are not automatically excused as "filler". Cataclysm reshaped the world and continued a storyline which carried over into MoP and into WoD and into Legion. Cataclysm was decent considering all the resources spent on reworking the 1-60 world, but WoD was just a hack job in terms of content (outside of raids) and story, not "filler".
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-02-11 at 12:20 AM.

Not at all. Actually, I am far more hyped than before. Legion has been so good that I really was not in a rush for it, but after seeing the Alpha I am really excited to get into it tonight.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    People weren't "hyped" for WoD and MoP either, and yet they still sold a bunch of copies at launch.
    WOD was one of the most Hyped of Expansions they have ever done. Thats why 10 million players came back at launch.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

This is gonna be another warlords lol

Hello

Do you feel the same ?

I was very hyped. I was thinking about re-sub in BfA but after couple of weeks I feel emptiness.
    I gave up on hype long ago. Glad to see you're maturing out of it too.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Indless View Post
    This is gonna be another warlords lol
    So was Legion.
    Try harder. But then again, there are actually people out there who believe that Legion's had less development put into it than WoD did, so guess I shouldn't expect too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Who the fuck cares?
    Lol, you apparently cared enough to post that.

Also, I feel the same, class design is looking worse than legion, regarding blizzard's inability to create interesting talents and classes being further pruned.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Lol, you apparently cared enough to post that.

Also, I feel the same, class design is looking worse than legion, regarding blizzard's inability to create interesting talents and classes being further pruned.
    Funny when even staunch critics (rightly so) are saying the opposite going by the little info we've had so far.

But, the "pruning" buzzword's gonna buzz I suppose.

BFA doesn't feel like an expansion or a step forward but merely staying in place. Class design is a big reason for that feeling as none of the spec and classes feel like they are improving or moving toward something exciting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    Wait for the class changes, that is usually exciting and gets me hyped. Right now I cannot be excited for what are essentially "reskins". i.e.. Hey did you ever want to play a Dranei but with tattoos-well now you can! Omg blizz, please take me money". I am sorry, I can't, I cannot force myself to get excited for cosmetic changes...

I am sure the class changes will shift my view, just wait until the changes are revealed.
    That is the problem.

Blizz has said to two contradictory statements.

1. Classes will have utility returned
    2. Very few class changes in BFA compared to Legion.

How are clasess going to change very little if utility is being returned? Also most of the artifact traits are not baked in baseline for specs and a few of them have been forced into the talent tree.

Classes are missing a lot so in reality a lot of class changes must happen because right now they are rough around the edges so to speak.

Hello

Do you feel the same ?

I was very hyped. I was thinking about re-sub in BfA but after couple of weeks I feel emptiness.
    It's like 7 months away, everyone's hype towards BFA will decrease until like 1-2 months till release, and then everyone goes into hype overdrive.

What, did you really expect your hype to increase... for the next 7 months? Alrighty then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    BFA doesn't feel like an expansion or a step forward but merely staying in place. Class design is a big reason for that feeling as none of the spec and classes feel like they are improving or moving toward something exciting.

- - - Updated - - -

That is the problem.

Blizz has said to two contradictory statements.

1. Classes will have utility returned
    2. Very few class changes in BFA compared to Legion.

How are clasess going to change very little if utility is being returned? Also most of the artifact traits are not baked in baseline for specs and a few of them have been forced into the talent tree.

Classes are missing a lot so in reality a lot of class changes must happen because right now they are round around the edges so to speak.
    Because a lot of utility = what went away with the pruning in the first place. In fact, even my spec still uses the same amount of buttons in combat rotation (PVE) as before the "Big Pruning".

Bringing back utility might change how the spec plays in say PVP, but as for PVE content the rotation might not change all that much. Which is unacceptable for some specs imo, but that's another topic. They've already changed Survival Hunter by large margins, so people shouldn't just accept "classes aren't changing" as a fact when there's still time for feedback.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-02-11 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    Wait for the class changes, that is usually exciting and gets me hyped. Right now I cannot be excited for what are essentially "reskins". i.e.. Hey did you ever want to play a Dranei but with tattoos-well now you can! Omg blizz, please take me money". I am sorry, I can't, I cannot force myself to get excited for cosmetic changes...

I am sure the class changes will shift my view, just wait until the changes are revealed.
    Ion has already staed that they are happy with the classes now, so there are no Big changes coming at all. Demo locks, Surv hunters will get a tweak but thats it. Dont expect anything other then a few very minor tweaks
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Because a lot of utility = what went away with the pruning in the first place. In fact, even my spec still uses the same amount of buttons in combat rotation (PVE) as before the "Big Pruning".

Bringing back utility might change how the spec plays in say PVP, but as for PVE content the rotation might not change all that much. Which is unacceptable for some specs imo, but that's another topic. They've already changed Survival Hunter by large margins, so people shouldn't just accept "classes aren't changing" as a fact when there's still time for feedback.
    Um no.

With the popularity of mythic + in Legion and with the nerf to Blood ElF arcane torrent heading into BFA Blizz does see the value of having utility even in PVE (finally).

Also, utility is what would increase the fun of leveling classes for veteran and new players alike because the scaling changes only made most mobs HP sponges but rotations are too simple and static to be enjoyable hitting a HP sponge. That can be overlooked in raids with simple rotations because of having to counter complex mechanics of a raid.

But raiding isn't the majority of the game. And with mythic + popularity that holds even more true.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Um no.

With the popularity of mythic + in Legion and with the nerf to Blood ElF arcane torrent heading into BFA Blizz does see the value of having utility even in PVE (finally).

Also, utility is what would increase the fun of leveling classes for veteran and new players alike because the scaling changes only made most mobs HP sponges but rotations are too simple and static to be enjoyable hitting a HP sponge. That can be overlooked in raids with simple rotations because of having to counter complex mechanics of a raid.

But raiding isn't the majority of the game. And with mythic + popularity that holds even more true.
    Doesn't change the fact of what I said though.

Bringing back some of the utility that was lost, doesn't entail that the rotation classes use and the synergy of the class in performance will change in PVE content. That's what they mean when they're on one hand saying that classes won't receive massive changes to how they play whilst at the same time talking about utility. Not that utility was 100% removed in the first place, but alas.

And I don't know, I accidentally pulled 6 mobs when I was meaning to kill 3, and had to utilize my full utility toolkit in order to survive. At level 40. With more utility, it wouldn't have been such a close call... But I enjoyed what happened due to narrowly escaping death.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-02-11 at 01:09 AM.

Every datamined info i get more and more hyped. I think it'll be even better than Legion.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

So OP had to make a new acco just to start this shitty thread?

Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    WOD was one of the most Hyped of Expansions they have ever done. Thats why 10 million players came back at launch.
    WoD brought 10 million players back because due to Blizz's great marketing. It did not have much hype at all when the teaser trailer came out, and any hype it had was dying down during it's beta. With the faction capitals being scrapped, Farahlon being scrapped, and the whole "cost a raid tier" debacle, WoD wasn't exactly in a great position to bring many people back. Why do you think Blizz released the cinematic in August, in the heart of the beta? And look when WoD came out, around the 10th anniversary of WoW.

Had it not been Blizzard taking advantage of this situation with their great marketing tactics, WoD brings 7-8 million players back Max.

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    bfa honestly looks like a new low for wow and its good that more and more people are waking up to it. everything is low-effort and designed for maximum re-use of what we already have in the game, the lore, the subraces, the warfronts, etc.

the gameplay is also barely being touched which is a bad sign. wow needs to be progressing. there should be a ton of new features and exciting changes to look forward to at this point but there arent. bfa looks like they are putting it on life support while everyone who knows what theyre doing is drafted to fill overwatch loot boxes.
    After that echo chamber of a thread you created where you were outright wrong, I don’t think you get to judge anything dealing with WoW.