Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by troll View Post
    same i stopped caring about lore after wrath because that's when they stopped continuing the old warcraft story and started forcing their own made up lore down our throats ugh don't even get me started on kung fu pandas
    Ah yes not anything like that made up lore from Wrath and everything prior to it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Yes because it's an evolving story.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been really interested in the lore of WoW. Haven't read a quest since Vanilla when you didn't have objective markers on your map and before I started to Thottbot quests. Heck, I've even had the in-game music turned off since BC.

I play(ed) the game because it's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    That really doesnt prove that this Expansion will be Focused on that. It can all be a set up for 9.0 And finally going up against Azshara? BFD look at what theu Did to KJ and how much of a let down that was, and Sargeras. Blizzard seems to be having a lot of creativity troubles. If this is going to be a Old Gods themed Expansion then it should be marketed as such. As it is BfA seems really underwhelming and no real buzz or excitement for it.

Blizzard has no idea what to do with WOW anymore. I wont be Buying Bfa as it looks worse then WOD. Maybe when its on sale and almost done if there is anything worthwhile looking in it. I still say that just before Expansions launch, we will see a host of these Devs tweeting their Good byes ( Ion included) because how lack luster things are after 7.2
    So the 20+ Old God models are what? Nothing? Azshara will likely be the equivalent of Gul'Dan in Nighthold or KJ from 7.2. This expansion will be heavily Old God focused. If you don't think that you should go to the doctor because you probably have a head injury. Please quit the game and stop coming to these forums then if you're so unhappy with the game. I legitimately don't understand you people. If you think BfA will be bad then I can't wait for you to be pleasantly surprised. After Legion I find it pretty hard to believe they'll tank another Expac as hard as WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm finding myself way more into it than I thought it would be. So far I've only looked at all the data-mined models, and that's gotten me even more excited than I was for Legion when that expansion was being data-mined. Gotta know what the story is behind all these wacky beasties!

5+ Year Old Account
    Personally, the closer WoW is to its roots (WC 2/3), the more I like the lore. Whilst I liked the Pandaria experience, most of the time it felt and still feels very out of place.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    Personally, the closer WoW is to its roots (WC 2/3), the more I like the lore. Whilst I liked the Pandaria experience, most of the time it felt and still feels very out of place.
    Agreed. I’m glad they are going back to the roots of the game with the underlying threat/subplot being Azshara, the naga, and N’zoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Mmh, I think the story is going to be extremely boring except the parts with the old gods and Azshara, but I have no interest in faction conflict, it's boring and I still don't understand why they gotta put so much work into leaders of each faction, we've not had a single expansion after TBC where a faction leader is not involved, it's about time that changes soon.

But the zones seem cool, Zandalar having both a Jurassic park and a psycho tribe / cult feel while Kul Tiras have pirates as well as a heavy Van Helsing type of feel.

But if the expansion indeed is a masked Old gods / naga expansion, then I surely hope we see Zin ashari and Ny'alotha before it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    In fact, my biggest concern is that we're going to lose some of our most compelling characters (I'm not the biggest fan of Sylvanas, but if she dies, it would cripple the lore we have left).
    Wouldn't be biggest lost, would be an improvement if anything xP

But at the topic at hand:
    Considering how the Lore have gone lately, the are a few things that I like, and a few more things that I do not like. I do not like that they made Garrosh a Villain, killed of Vol'jin, made Jaina crazy, resurrected Illidan, making Sylvanas Warchief, making the Horde seems evil again. However, it havn't stopped me from still liking World of Warcraft, and also I am still very interest in what they will do next with the lore they have. If anything, I am geting more curious of what they can do with it.

So shortly said, I might not like the ways they have done it with it, but I can still find it very interesting. And right now I am very interested in both Zuldazar and Kul'Tiras. What we gonna explore there? What new characters are we going to meet? What new lore they gonna introduced us to? And beyond those two we still have questlines and characters doing some stuff. So right now I am actully very excited for this, more so then Legion actulley. Also I believe that even it's a full scale war, we will still do alot of things not directly to the war, perhaps connected to it, but not directly to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Honestly, the only way I could see it being genuinely interesting, is if players were treated as "outsiders" in the conflict, and were actually capable of working with and against both sides (ie. Alliance players helping Tauren escape an ambush Greymane was planning against innocent townsfolk, or Horde players ensuring the Royal Apothecary Society can't make any more plague). At least then, it would give you some tension even within your own faction.
    This would been a very interesting approach actually! Although a bit difficult consider we are locked to each side of the conflict. But still, good idea. If it would been possibal, I would love that in the quests that there are options of "do this" or "do that". Difficult however due to it would effect everyone, but would been nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    not really.

On one side people are like:
    "yay Anduin is a bit less of a gaylord now"
    and "yay at last the alliance are the aggressors for once".

And on the other side they're all like:
    "FORDEHOARD!HURRDURR!!" and hug their Sylvanas-Shaped-Pillow.
    (The ones that did not race-change to Void-Elves, that is).

Old gods and Troll shit? Sure. Faction War? No, its the same retarded shit story over and over again. I will never trust those dogs! O shit some end of the world stuff is happening lets work together to save everything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I find it funny how many profess to having cared about the lore "up until WOTLK", but then they stopped because reasons, often citing wrongful points as to what changed.

As a Lore Nerd, I care as much about the lore now as I did before, if not more. People have been saying that the Lore of this game, or the entire game, died with the Lich King.

Yeah, have fun with that attitude I say. The Lore is ongoing and I'm 100% sure that the Lich King is not a done chapter, for the people needing a rerun of that story.
    Exactly this.

Every time I hear people use the "running out of lore" argument after the death of Arthas and that Blizzard is just making stuff up now... well, sure. Where the hell do you think it comes from? It's like any other writer, such as a novel series or movie... for sequels, often a LOT is made up after the fact. Star Wars (A New Hope) was supposed to be a one off. What came in the two sequels were created for the fact or from threads in the original.

But all that said, Arthas & the Lich King did not exist in WC2. It was AAAAAALL written for WC3. And this is effectively what they are doing now, creating new Lore. Sure they are killing off a lot of the big bads they created prior, but there has to be something to push the story forward to something new.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantasmagoriaX View Post
    this isnt just about horde VS alliance, theres a huge amount of old gods lore in there and for me that shit is interesting.
    then why didnt they show that in the trailer (old god stuff)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    When Legion started the last thing I imagined was that we would be fighting ON Argus and fighting literally beside the Pantheon. The story can and probably will evolve throughout, all I hope is that it's not another Mists: Faction leader goes off the rails Electric Boogaloo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    So the 20+ Old God models are what? Nothing? Azshara will likely be the equivalent of Gul'Dan in Nighthold or KJ from 7.2. This expansion will be heavily Old God focused. If you don't think that you should go to the doctor because you probably have a head injury. Please quit the game and stop coming to these forums then if you're so unhappy with the game. I legitimately don't understand you people. If you think BfA will be bad then I can't wait for you to be pleasantly surprised. After Legion I find it pretty hard to believe they'll tank another Expac as hard as WoD.
    I have quit the game. I dont care for the direction the game has been heading for the last 2 expansions, now 3. I hope that they get some sense and correct themselves. But be that as it may, The Old Gods and the models shown could easily be for the End of BfA. If they string everyone along for more then a year with the faction war and only hint at the old Gods , and then the last we are all forced to work together, there will be massive sub loss. So far it seams the marketing dept has really dropped the ball. If they would have made the Old Gods the major theme, and had the faction War as a side story I think BfA would sell better and people would be more hyped for it. I think that the Devs have no Idea what to do and are just throwing things out there. And the way Guldan and KJ were handled in Legion does not give any one hope for how they will handle the Old Gods.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

The bits not directly tied into the faction conflict might still hold some interesting stuff, the rest is of little relevance.

The lore is really fllimsy to begin with just like most video games.

So why all of a sudden NOW we need to go to Kul Tiras for their huge navy? Last I checked we were building naval bases and fleets just fine on alternate draenor.
    I don't remember old Kul Tiras having Aircraft carriers and submarines as we did in our garrison. So just that by itself makes the lore a weak point.
    Where is it that the alliance or horde need to go that suddenly requires help from these two new factions? They never had a problem before now and most of the planet is now in game.

Then you got Sylvanas one of the last main figures and last open storylines from the RTS. She is in Lordaeron and ultimately blocks humans rebuilding their old kingdom. Taking her out or moving her out of Lordaeron and dealing with the undead storyline is going to be an issue lore wise and no old god is required for this. Moving the human story line forward would actually be some good lore for change.

And of course if they are going to have big epic battles against major towns in game, they should not be phased. It should be a permanent part of the game. Have the alliance ACTUALLY occupy large parts of trisfal and engage in combat with players from the horde, not this instanced crap.

As I'm not an RPer, I am not interested in the lore of any expansion, but honestly Legion kind of got me hooked.
    If anything, I am actually finally interested in the lore after 13 years, but still I am far more interested in the game play.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I stopped caring the moment i saw jaina pulling some bullshit touch of death crap in the horde scenario

Quote Originally Posted by troll View Post
    their own made up lore
    You mean just like Warcraft 1-3?

WOW is the continuation of Warcraft. It's not this game where we just play through nostalgia riffs of things we did in in the RTS games, although it's pretty fucking ironic that MOP and now soon BFA are the closest thing to those sorta story ever in this game and people like you say absurd things like the above. Seriosly?

They literally made it all up. They did it. All of it. Made it up. It's theirs to continue making up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    So why all of a sudden NOW we need to go to Kul Tiras for their huge navy?
    Because of it's extremely strategic position between the Broken Isles and Eastern Kingdoms. DUH.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    And of course if they are going to have big epic battles against major towns in game, they should not be phased. It should be a permanent part of the game. Have the alliance ACTUALLY occupy large parts of trisfal and engage in combat with players from the horde, not this instanced crap.
    And what the fuck are you talking about? The Alliance ACTUALLY does occupy the territory in BFA. You ACTUALLY cannot go there anymore as Horde and have the same experience anymore after you've been through the quests on that character unless you go talk to some NPC (like in Badlands), the Undercity is actually taken over by the Alliance otherwise and it will be very clear in the game. Why would it make sense for it to be a permanent change that new players can't experience, or so that you can't go to Scarlet Monastery anymore?
    Last edited by Mjolknerd; 2018-02-11 at 02:38 AM.