Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaxus View Post
    the only time you are affected is when you get to cast aimed shot in your aoe rotation and then you will hit 6 targets. your multishot, barrage, explosive shot, bursting shot etc will still hit everything that is around
    your multishot, barrage, explosive shot, bursting shot

bursting shot
    Oh, you are right,with burstin shot our AOE will be really incredible.
    Spoiler: 

Do you know that's Bursting Shot deals (6.76% of Attack power) Physical damage?
    It's nothing, and Multishot (26.52% of AP), Barrage (18.2% of AP) are also nothing.
    Explosive shot (131.04% of of AP) is clunky as hell, and you will never use this spell.

In the end, our primary damage is dealt by AS. Which do around zero damage on targets < 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    A 3 second Aimed Shot doesn't seem like a problem at all. Conceptually, it's not all that different from Marksman's mastery (Sniper Training) back in WoD, where you had to stand still for a few seconds every so often to keep the mastery buff rolling. In BfA, you'll have to stand still for a few seconds every so often to fire an Aimed Shot. Just as you could be smart about when you refreshed Sniper Training, putting Aimed Shot on a charge system means you can be smart about when you fire it. It won't have to be on cooldown--as long as you have one charge on cooldown, you're free to wait on an Aimed Shot for an opportune moment. There are always plenty of times where you can stand still--what sucks is being forced to stand still at specific times or else lose damage. That won't be the case for BfA Aimed Shot.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

As much as id love to dualwield i reckon theyll stick a "2 handed weapon required" to everything. Its also another weapon to grind as opposed to 1 2hander.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    As much as id love to dualwield i reckon theyll stick a "2 handed weapon required" to everything. Its also another weapon to grind as opposed to 1 2hander.
    Are we really this lazy? That's never stopped Rogues, Warriors, Death Knights, Enhancement Shaman, Monks, or Demon Hunters (in the short time they weren't using artifacts). I support dual wield as an option. The only thing that bums me out would be the frustration of trying to collect STR one-handed for transmog purposes.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Aesde View Post
    Oh, you are right,with burstin shot our AOE will be really incredible.
    Spoiler: 

incredible, instead of thinking that i might have listed it because it uses the same way of targeting multiple enemies as our actual aoe options, you actually went out of your way to make an ass out of yourself. glad you are coping so well

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Are we really this lazy? That's never stopped Rogues, Warriors, Death Knights, Enhancement Shaman, Monks, or Demon Hunters (in the short time they weren't using artifacts). I support dual wield as an option. The only thing that bums me out would be the frustration of trying to collect STR one-handed for transmog purposes.
    For me as a casual it makes finding 2 1handers longer than finding a decent 2hander. I do however prefer dualwield over 2hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    BfA Alpha changes to Hunter Pet Revamps:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=281769/b...ter-pet-revamp

Not sure how i feel about this, dam.

Alpha i know, but surely this isn't going to stick until live.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    so they are literally centering SV around kill command and filler focus dump.

hmm sounds almost exactly like another hunter spec that already exists. good ideas blizzard.
    other then the dot's melee ability's and talents like mongoose bite, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post

So bring a pet with the fucking dispell in any content, got it. What a good balance, at least Spirit Beasts have the dispell.

So basically, cunning for world content, tenacity for high level m+, PVP, and possibly raiding, ferocity for...when the fuck has 3% leech ever amounted to anything? Maybe a high amount of Leech sure, but 3%? Grats, I'll get 100 of my health back in a 10,000 hp pool per attack (rough estimate). With Hunters getting Tranq shot back, the dispel is probably unnecessary. It's still going to come down to Lust, brez, whatever for m+/raid encounters.
    I like they are making meaningful (possibly) choices, but I hate that at the same time it takes away a lot of what they changed to allow Hunters to use whatever pet they wanted.

My kneejerk reaction to this was one of pure rage, but upon closer inspection it looks like all pets will deal the same damage regardless of spec. The spec only determines what special ability they'll get. So any Ferocity pet can bring a Bloodlust instead of just corehounds/netherrays.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    So basically, cunning for world content, tenacity for high level m+, PVP, and possibly raiding, ferocity for...when the fuck has 3% leech ever amounted to anything? Maybe a high amount of Leech sure, but 3%? Grats, I'll get 100 of my health back in a 10,000 hp pool per attack (rough estimate). With Hunters getting Tranq shot back, the dispel is probably unnecessary. It's still going to come down to Lust, brez, whatever for m+/raid encounters.
    I like they are making meaningful (possibly) choices, but I hate that at the same time it takes away a lot of what they changed to allow Hunters to use whatever pet they wanted.
    They're making consumables for Bres in BFA though (like drums, but made by engineers), so you won't have to use your pet for it.

I’ve got the flu and my brain isn’t working so I apologise if this is a stupid question!

I quite liked the sound of MM applying hunters mark and then unloading as much damage as possible in that short window, although simple it would have separated the good players from the bad by doing things like not over capping Aimed shot and making use of hunters mark during trinkets procs etc.

So with the changes have they made in the latest build, is the spec too basic? How would the rotation look in theory?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    I'm pretty sure nobody noticed, but survival can now dual wield.

All weapon damages were changed to AP, and requires two handed was removed from all tooltips.

Deleted
    Your signature compliments your citation nicely, Vyomesh.

Yohohohooooo indeed!

15+ Year Old Account
    It would be cool if our pets and partymembers get bonus damage aswell from our Hunter's Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    I’ve got the flu and my brain isn’t working so I apologise if this is a stupid question!

I quite liked the sound of MM applying hunters mark and then unloading as much damage as possible in that short window, although simple it would have separated the good players from the bad by doing things like not over capping Aimed shot and making use of hunters mark during trinkets procs etc.

So with the changes have they made in the latest build, is the spec too basic? How would the rotation look in theory?
    it's way too early. the design already changed in only 2 builds so nobody knows what their goal is yet.

mm gonna change a lot in the next builds i think, blizz dont know really what they want for the spec looking to two alpha builds where they changed a lot of things, we need to wait a month or two to look to the real mm direction for bfa.

Animal Companion [NYI] (New) Your Call Pet additionally summons the first pet from your stable. This pet will obey your Kill Command, but cannot use pet family abilities. Beast Mastery Hunter - Level 15 Talent.

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Animal Companion [NYI] (New) Your Call Pet additionally summons the first pet from your stable. This pet will obey your Kill Command, but cannot use pet family abilities. Beast Mastery Hunter - Level 15 Talent.

Nice.
    That's neat but has major competition with Dire Beast in the same row. Dire Beast stores 20 Focus every time it's activated. The current talent in its place produces only 12. I don't know if a stripped-down-Hati can compete, since the tooltip doesn't say that your extra pet takes advantage of Beast Cleave or Bestial Wrath. It looks like it's just a bone being thrown to those who will really miss having a second pet.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice