Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I can counter your both statements with your own logic - BELFs also not the same elves they used to be back in Second War.

They are not?! What happened? Did most of their Second war veterans die of old age too? Did their entire belief system change from a clearly evil to mostly neutral?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I can counter your both statements with your own logic - BELFs also not the same elves they used to be back in Second War.
    You're right, having your whole race nearly wiped out and then betrayed by thousand year allies tends to change you.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    You're right, having your whole race nearly wiped out and then betrayed by thousand year allies tends to change you.
    Yea instead lets jump in same boat where ex Scourge and savage tribal mongrels who burned our lands in past. BELFs logic such a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    They are not?! What happened? Did most of their Second war veterans die of old age too? Did their entire belief system change from a clearly evil to mostly neutral?
    Hey its not mine logic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yea instead lets jump in same boat where ex Scourge and savage tribal mongrels who burned our lands in past. BELFs logic such a bitch.
    why join a different horde who actually help then to survive and secure their lands? what are they? faggots? its obvious they should totally join the faction who want to exterminate then and sabote then recently thats the only logic choice

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.

Hey its not mine logic.
    I can’t tell anymore if you randomly just forget things or you honestly just can’t cross logical bridges if you know you won’t like the answer.

They joined the Horde because the Horde actually helped them, speaks of how fucking shit the Alliance was at handling the belf situation and what would you know, the alliance fucked with the blood elves several more times. All they did is show them that consistently the Horde is the safer choice.

If anything it’s quite the accomplishment to so utterly ruin an alliance with someone you had for 2k years.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2018-02-11 at 08:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand stay out.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Deleted
    I thought the reaction from the BElves to the void-incident was quite moderate. Rommath was little more extreme, but only in words, it's not like he tried chasing Alleria down or anything.
    I mean, an exile is never nice for the exiled, but the BElves didn't bar them from living at least near Eversong and Alleria herself was told she's not welcome anymore and to stay away from the Sunwell, but she wasn't chased, noone tried to kill her and only Rommath wanted to actually lock her up.

I'm sure she (and the others too) are sad that they can't live in their beloved home anymore, but I could see some people passing harsher judgements than that for 'practicing forbidden arts' alone, much less endangering the Sunwell.

I found BELF acting toward Void Elves hypocrisy. Considering history of BELFs with fel and sucking Naaru.
    Actually, no. There is nothing hypocritical about the actions of the Blood Elves towards the Void Elves. Consider it from their point of view. Over the last 20 or so years, they have had what amounts to the very life essence of their people destroyed. They then spent the better part of a decade recovering from the war that destroyed it, as well as a crippling need to find something to replace the magical energies that the SunWell used to supply. Were they forced to possibly do some pretty heavy things to survive? Yes. The survival of their very race depended on it. They hit pretty much rock bottom trying to stay alive before the Sunwell was finally restored, and they know full well the possible consequences of turning yourself into a junky dependant on chaotic energy to survive. And then they find out that some bunch of morons are dabbling in freaking void magic as a replacement for the Sunwell? I mean, if everybody thinks fel magic is "bad", void magic is fucking Fel turned up to 11.

Of course they aren't going to be cool with the Void Elves. The Void Elves represent everything they just finished recovering from repeating itself all over again, and just digging the hole even deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Varoid View Post
    Alleria Windrunner, the greatest hero of Silvermoon's past, but a hero of Silvermoon's people in past, present, and future....
    Blizzard, please hire this man and stop destroying the lore.

p.p. I am surprised how many people here care just for the stats and numbers in this game and don't give a shit about the story of the game

She and her void elves are by far the stupidest ones out there. They are like kids crying that they are not allowed to make a fire to keep warm by a gas pump.

Quote Originally Posted by Varoid View Post
    Not in the Alliance, just Lordaeron. And none of the other members even knew what was going on or what he was doing. He basically was his own warlord that rose to power through anarchy. We don't know why night elves were spying, but they were just spying, not invading. Maybe the draenei already joined the Alliance and they wanted to see if these blood elves were part of the Legion like Kael's were. Dalaran was much later, and Aethas' fault for lying to Jaina's face. The Horde tried to again during Beyond the Dark Portal (along with all of Azeroth). And again if you count Garrosh.
    Wow, you have your lore seriously confused. You need to stop jumping around in the timeline and conflating names just because they sound the same.
    - In WC3, Garithos WAS the highest ranking officer of "The Alliance", because that was exactly what it was: The Alliance of Lordaeron. The Alliance that fought in WC2. "The Alliance" that you are thinking of (the WoW "Alliance") didn't even exist in WC3. Garithos was the highest ranking officer pretty much due to the fact that the entire rest of the Alliance of Loradaeron that mattered had been obliterated by the scourge at that point.

Also, that's some pretty damn weak argument attempting to state that Beyond the Dark portal somehow count as an attack on quel'thelas purely because quel'thalas might have been affected as a result. That's like claiming I tried to hurt you, specifically, because I threw a rock in the general direction you were standing.

And when the hell did Garrosh ever attempt to attack QT? And even if he did, how the hell would that even classify as a Horde Action anyway......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    She choose not to side with the Horde now because the Horde has only done bad for her. Rocket science. Love the cringe replies to the OP, fucking awesome.
    That is a mindbendingly stupid argument if I ever heard one. The "Horde" that has only done bad for her hasn't even existed for nearly 20 years by time she gets back from her 1k year time skip. Basing her decision on something like that would be about as stupid as someone disappearing off of earth at the end of WW2, returning 30 years later, and refusing to work with a German because 30 years ago Germans were bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post

They joined the Horde because the Horde actually helped them,
    how they helped them ? I am asking because I haven't read nothing and don't have any knowledge about that.
    And one more question .. will you ever think of joining the people who have killed your entire family and follow their leaders ? I would never do it, no matter how passive is the other side I will never stand side by side with the people who spilled my own blood. Never.. no matter the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by dimitrov View Post
    how they helped them ? I am asking because I haven't read nothing and don't have any knowledge about that.
    And one more question .. will you ever think of joining the people who have killed your entire family and follow their leaders ? I would never do it, no matter how passive is the other side I will never stand side by side with the people who spilled my own blood. Never.. no matter the circumstances.
    Vapid argument is vapid. There is literally probably only a handful of greybeard veterans alive in the current WoW Horde that may have even remotely been involved in the events of WC1, and the likely hood that any of them had anything to do with killing any member of Alleria's Family is so close to zero it would practically be impossible, so that point is pretty moot. I mean, hell, it has been nearly 26 years since the First Orcish Horde allied with the Amani trolls to attack Quel'thelas. How man of those original orcs do you think are still alive, or still in the current horde? Any survivors would easily be pushing 60 by now.

As I pointed out a few posts up, that would be just as dumb a hating on Germans today, simply because the last thing you remember about Germans was Germany at the end of WW2.

To spin your question right back at you: Would you, as a professed patriot and supposed staunch supporter of your people, join hands with the very people who stabbed your country in the back multiple times? Cause that is pretty much what Alleria did.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2018-02-11 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Wow, you have your lore seriously confused. You need to stop jumping around in the timeline and conflating names just because they sound the same.
    - In WC3, Garithos WAS the highest ranking officer of "The Alliance", because that was exactly what it was: The Alliance of Lordaeron. The Alliance that fought in WC2. "The Alliance" that you are thinking of (the WoW "Alliance") didn't even exist in WC3. Garithos was the highest ranking officer pretty much due to the fact that the entire rest of the Alliance of Loradaeron that mattered had been obliterated by the scourge at that point.

Also, that's some pretty damn weak argument attempting to state that Beyond the Dark portal somehow count as an attack on quel'thelas purely because quel'thalas might have been affected as a result. That's like claiming I tried to hurt you, specifically, because I threw a rock in the general direction you were standing.

And when the hell did Garrosh ever attempt to attack QT? And even if he did, how the hell would that even classify as a Horde Action anyway......

- - - Updated - - -

That is a mindbendingly stupid argument if I ever heard one. The "Horde" that has only done bad for her hasn't even existed for nearly 20 years by time she gets back from her 1k year time skip. Basing her decision on something like that would be about as stupid as someone disappearing off of earth at the end of WW2, returning 30 years later, and refusing to work with a German because 30 years ago Germans were bad.
    By that same logic the Alliance of Lordaeron is also gone and not the same who tried to kill the Blood elves.
    In any case I like this post because it looks at things from a High elven perspective. One that isn't necessarily wrong, the Forsaken in many cases WERE the Undead who attacked Silvermoon, just with free will now.

And Lor'themar and the magisters did indeed mind control dissenters and such. The current Horde is composed by many of the very same Orcs who attacked Elven and Human lands.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Priest_Ennas

Lorethmar gave her a open invitation to visit, He then listened to her proposal and shot it down then allowed her even though he knew she was void tainted to visit the most holiest site in Belfdom and she almost destroyed it by her presence.

Nothing more to say imo

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Vapid argument is vapid. There is literally probably only a handful of greybeard veterans alive in the current WoW Horde that may have even remotely been involved in the events of WC1, and the likely hood that any of them had anything to do with killing any member of Alleria's Family is so close to zero it would practically be impossible, so that point is pretty moot. As I pointed out a few posts up, that would be just as dumb a hating on Germans today, simply because the last thing you remember about Germans was Germany at the end of WW2.

To spin your question right back at you: Would you, as a professed patriot and supposed staunch supporter of your people, join hands with the very people who stabbed your country in the back multiple times? Cause that is pretty much what Alleria did.
    The Nazi Germany that was lead by a single party and that had lived for 10 years has nothing to do with that case.
    As far as I know the gap between the end of the second war in warcraft and the high elves joining the horde is just 7 years (second war finished 19 year after the dark portal and the burning crusade expansion starts 26 year after the dark portal) Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. 7 years is not so long ago and literally everyone is alive.

Before spinning my question right back at me you should explain me how the alliance stabbed them for multiple times ? I really don't know that part of warcraft history. All I know is that Alleria has a statue in the entrance of stormwind

Silvermoon and the Forsaken used to be junior partners in the Horde but now they both hold all the cards now.

Orcs, trolls and Tauren are the junior partners now and why should the 2 most dominant races in the horde want to bow down to the 'boy king'? You know the Supreme commander high king who has done nothing to deserve that title?

Vintage memes
    i
    n
    t
    a
    g
    e

m
    e
    m
    e
    s

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-02-11 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Sporebat View Post
    Lorethmar gave her a open invitation to visit, He then listened to her proposal and shot it down then allowed her even though he knew she was void tainted to visit the most holiest site in Belfdom and she almost destroyed it by her presence.

Nothing more to say imo
    Actually he didn't listen to her proposal. He forced her to speak in front of the Nightborne delegation and shot her down before she even said what Anduin wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Actually he didn't listen to her proposal. He forced her to speak in front of the Nightborne delegation and shot her down before she even said what Anduin wanted.
    What really was her proposal really gonna entail? Lor'themar Theron knew exactly what she was gonna propose and its like someone from a different century saying that that should go back to the warsaw pact not knowing the full history in the years passing.

IMO Lor'themar Theron is one of the most underated leaders in the game and he knows his shit