Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Yes of course! Make RNG-JESUS baseline... wth. Uhm. Ok so - right now in mythic content HAVE FUN with your boomie trying to get legendary logs on every boss. OI procs only 8x in 10 minute fight for you? Ooooh. Too bad! The top 100 have 20+ procs! Try it next time dude!

Really great idea... not.

If they did make it baseline, I'd hope the proc rate would be increased at the expense of the proc maybe doing less damage than normal? As the above poster mentioned, I've noticed my DPS on some mythic raid bosses swings wildly depending upon how many procs I get for OI. Not out of the question to have +/- 200k DPS between attempts depending upon how many OI procs you get for single-target moderate to high movement fights. It's fun when it procs, but when you get dry spells where you only get 1-2 procs on a boss kill, it's like you weren't wearing anything at all (sometimes I check my equipped gear, because I think I forgot to switch gear because of lack of OI procs).

It's similar to what another poster said about mages: my frost mage with 27% chance to proc Brain Freeze can cast 15-17 Frostbolts and not get a Brain Freeze proc... and it's really not fun at all. Perhaps all these mechanics are using the "deck of cards" method of determining procs? While it averages out over the duration of the deck compared to RPPM, the deck method can be stacked for or against you depending upon how long the fights are compared to the number of cards you go through and how big the deck actually is. Blizz never did actually say how big the "deck" is for their new method of RNG calculation, did they?
    Last edited by exochaft; 2018-01-18 at 09:46 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    i like this idea. Without OI, there's not much incentive to using starfall for single target situations. Also, on cleave fights, it just makes it more fun because i get to use a starsurge now and again (rather than focusing on starfall).

Also i think it will help the spec, because i don't know how we will keep the half/full moon spell w/o our scythe (unless they can cook up a lore reason)

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    7 buttons?

Starsurge,
    Starfall
    Moonfire
    Sunfire
    Wrath
    Lunar Strike
    Incarnation

it already has 7?
    and thats not including talent choices and legendaries adding more different playstyles.
    And moonmoon currently.

Balance has the most number of spells (7) in its regular ST rotation of any ranged class. Not including cooldowns etc, every class has those.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    And moonmoon currently.

Balance has the most number of spells (7) in its regular ST rotation of any ranged class. Not including cooldowns etc, every class has those.
    have to agree i hope they dont do away with moonmoons
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nature's balance seems bugged. I don't have the bracers yet, so I usually do single target dps with it, but for some reason it drops sunfire off targets randomly. Changed into stellar drift and sunfire never dropped.

Yes it appears Nature's Balance is increasing the duration of Sunfire on the tooltip but not the actual spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    have to agree i hope they dont do away with moonmoons
    Not having to watch that third resource would seriously affect Moonkin gameplay. Far more than simply increasing AP generation of the other spells could fix. I could live with them changing the graphics and name, but we pretty much need that spell for the spec to not bore us to tears.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxigan View Post
    Yes of course! Make RNG-JESUS baseline... wth. Uhm. Ok so - right now in mythic content HAVE FUN with your boomie trying to get legendary logs on every boss. OI procs only 8x in 10 minute fight for you? Ooooh. Too bad! The top 100 have 20+ procs! Try it next time dude!

Really great idea... not.
    That's a matter of numbers. I'm not talking about numbers but gameplay. Balance Druid has one of the simplest "Rotation" of all specs, it's basically the havoc dh of ranged dps.

There are almost no decisions to make whatsoever. With procs you can use them correctly to incease dps, without its just pressing 12341234. It doesn't even have to be the exact same proc. Make it the Starsurge proc we had in wod, idc just make something proc so it's no longer the braindead spec it is today.

OI is that extra flavor of the Balance spec. It's really our only RNG element, which sucks sometimes, but hey you have to a little spice somewhere. Really hoping it becomes baseline or AT LEAST a talent. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    And moonmoon currently.

Which is fine, Balance doesn't have any procs that dynamically change our rotation or heavily change priorities to heavily punish performance; higher number of buttons to press gives the illusion of choice/difficulty when really our rotation is easily one of, if not the most predictable rotation in the game. Balance as a rotation is fairly cluttered from a numbers point of view but ultimately our damage spells do little to differentiate themselves from each other, they only really exist to maintain the 'Balance' of Nature/Arcane spells; you could easily roll LS + Wrath into a single spell, aswell as SuF + MF and have no large functional difference in how the spec plays.

Balance is like the baseline easy rotation for casters despite the number of spells we use. A proc, though more refined than OI, would surely be welcomed since we don't have an Eclipse system, Mushrooms (clunky as fuck) or Shooting star procs anymore to actually add a small amount of dynamic play or actual spell choice outside our opener.

No, the game needs less RNG, not more.

For other specs maybe. Balance has 0 RNG without the bracers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Yes it appears Nature's Balance is increasing the duration of Sunfire on the tooltip but not the actual spell.
    It's been bugged since the launch of the new patch and blizz has just ignored it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    It's been bugged since the launch of the new patch and blizz has just ignored it so far.
    Given how worthless the talent is, i'm not sure it's really worth the effort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    yeah you go with the starfall talent with OT i think either way

You know what im really gonna miss? Lady and the child.. Gonna miss that double moonfire

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

People that say it’s useless is people that follow the main steam and are afraid of trying stuff that doesn’t give you a top parses. The talent is bugged yes, it’s not the best talent no. Should it be fixed? Ofcause! It’s actually decent together with the legendary helm and incarnation ring too. Everytime you don’t use starfall it’s the better choice.

5+ Year Old Account
    If they did give it to us I'd rather it as a talent, maybe to replace Nature's Balance (which is utterly useless even its not bugged), but honestly I think the only leggo I'm going to miss (on druid of course) is going to be the Lady and Child. I really hope some of the new armour thingmabobs will include something similar, that two moonfire is just so useful for M+ and some raid fights, and also it's awesome for tanking (LAZOR BEAR!).

Quote Originally Posted by Flashforcash View Post
    People that say it’s useless is people that follow the main steam and are afraid of trying stuff that doesn’t give you a top parses. The talent is bugged yes, it’s not the best talent no. Should it be fixed? Ofcause! It’s actually decent together with the legendary helm and incarnation ring too. Everytime you don’t use starfall it’s the better choice.
    It's not useless because it doesn't give you top parses. It's useless because it barely even affects your performance.