Poll: Is it time to merge?

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is it time to merge realms at last?

Most realms in WoW are more dead then dead. CRZ is a nice solution but we are on a point where merging realms would be doing WoW a much more benefit then CRZ does.

So what is your opinion? Is it time to merge realms togheter and build a community again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Financially, this is going to be a huge pain in the ass for the community. Goblin/farmers would increase dramatically compared to the average buyer. This would devastate the prices of pretty much anything. If blizzard merged a server that has 1% of a bigger server, then fine. Otherwise, no.

Don't connected realms already fill this role?

Deleted
    Yeah, hf finding a name then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pinelakias View Post
    Financially, this is going to be a huge pain in the ass for the community. Goblin/farmers would increase dramatically compared to the average buyer. This would devastate the prices of pretty much anything. If blizzard merged a server that has 1% of a bigger server, then fine. Otherwise, no.
    Seriously? Prices?

Fuck the prices. The health of the game population is far more important. Your prices are meaningless if the game dies.

Anyways, yes, it's a big problem atm. They said at Blizzcon that they were gonna connect more realms but the situation has gotten alot worse and they haven't done anything.

The ideal solution would be to connect all realms and just shard zones, if the tech allows it. If the tech isn't there, yes. More connection or mergers or super servers, whatever, Just do SOMETHING! The longer servers are at low population the more people leave.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-02-11 at 03:12 PM.

They should absolutely be merged.
    It feels like the whole CRZ tech was made to do the 'merging' without making people think that "WoW is dying".
    The end result is just random people filling space and silly long names with the realm names.

Why do you care? You don't even play.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Honestly at this point WoW being in a decline is common knowledge. Merging the realms now won't suddenly make tons of people go "Oh no, WoW is actually dying!". It's kind of an accepted conclusion already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of having 200 low pop realms, I would rather have 40 mid to high pop realms. Having a low pop server with minimal players negates the point of MMO.

no, crz already fucked everything up when it comes to hunting rares. it's bad enough as it is, leave it that way

I'm a fan of connected realms myself. Last I saw\heard, the high pop servers like Illidan and such still have login ques when a new expac launches, even after they increased server sizes, so I'm not sure their tech would support Mega servers. They could definitely merge all the little servers into 1. I imaging they'll continue with connected realms until they absolutely feel there is no other option but to merge.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenonn View Post
    no, crz already fucked everything up when it comes to hunting rares. it's bad enough as it is, leave it that way
    While in some regards I agree with this, issues like this will most likely never been a consideration. It seems pretty clear that they want the low pop servers to have the same pain and suffering of hunting a rare that High Pop server has.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2018-02-11 at 03:24 PM.

My current realm, Proudmoore, has had 23949 players do something in Tier 21 content. My old realm, Connected Icecrown, has only had 3636. The difference between both realms is glaring. Icecrown used to be the top 20 of realms in progression back in WoTLK, lately it has been bleeding guilds to other more progressed realms and is now ranked 72nd. It was very hard to find a guild that my Wife and I could raid with on Icecrown, so that is why we moved. Icecrown's top guild has not defeated Mythic Argus yet. Meanwhile, we have a guild on Proudmoore who has downed him and two more that are getting close.

Merging more of the low pop realms so they approach the population of the top realms would help to slow down how unbalanced realm populations are getting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Instead of having 200 low pop realms, I would rather have 40 mid to high pop realms. Having a low pop server with minimal players negates the point of MMO.

Agreed. 10char

Outside of the faction imbalance, which after the next pvp toggle update won't matter at all, no not really. I like my seclusion, well liked until the realms started to merge.
    Well i suppose i could be okay with an optional community mega realm or a few where it's free to migrate to and everyone wanting to do so could do so, so if you wanted to play with an entire region you could do so.
    As long as i could stay on an empty realm or get a personal realm with the option to use group finding tools and crz to occasionally phase into such community realm with population in it, if i choose to. Much like it currently is, if i want to do a WQ i use the addon to find people doing the same quest and after it's done return to my realm by leaving the group.

Connecting realms is the only way to do it, with current naming conventions. No one wants to lose their name cause someone else logged in quicker or had it longer. And who knows what changing naming could fuck up, just connect more realms, merging is more trouble than its worth. (but not all the realms, realms like ZJ, Area 52, Stormrage are doing fine on their own)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what I understand of what is happening in BfA something like that will happen in a round about way, with the PVE/PVP toggle will just have to wait and see how it really works.. But I would think the main reasoning for all the servers is character naming, just do a character search on the WoW site and see how many people have the same name..

Doing a mass merging of servers is going to piss off a lot of people who will all have to come up with another name, and more so if they have had that name for 13+ years now having to change it because of a mass server merge..

IMO they should merge all servers so that they are about as large as the top 10 largest servers. WoW is not meant to be played on dead servers. Players should not be forced into doing character transfers to a select few servers to find a raiding guild that fits their schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Connecting realms is the only way to do it, with current naming conventions. No one wants to lose their name cause someone else logged in quicker or had it longer. And who knows what changing naming could fuck up, just connect more realms, merging is more trouble than its worth. (but not all the realms, realms like ZJ, Area 52, Stormrage are doing fine on their own)
    I guess this is what I would like more than merging....Just get a bunch of the smaller servers connected to make up a connected realm with 8-10k players at a minimum imho. I refuse to go anywhere BUT a high populated realm now because I've been on US-Malfurion/Trollbane and US-Area-52...and A52 is by far a better server through and through....but if Malf/Troll were connected to other realms to bring the population up I would consider it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Most realms in WoW are more dead then dead. CRZ is a nice solution but we are on a point where merging realms would be doing WoW a much more benefit then CRZ does.

So what is your opinion? Is it time to merge realms togheter and build a community again?
    You volunteering to give up all your character names because other people already have them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

My guess they wont close any servers because it doesn't look good when you're closing servers,
    I'm not a fan of sharding and I am for merging