Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The bastardisation of the Night Elf race is complete. They failed to stop the Orcs from invading Ashenvale, they failed to kick the Horde out of it and now Malfurion, allegedly the world's strongest mortal, fails to protect Teldrassil.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    And people say Sylvanas sounds evil? She sounds like a competent and strategizing leader.
    How is any of this war good strategy? The faction leaders all know that the Void will come for Azeroth at some point, why weaken the planet as a whole by attempting to commit genocide on one of the races defending it?

Competence and good strategy doesn't fit into any of the BfA faction war without sounding ridiculous.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Her having "Intent" means very little.

And yes, it is alliance who starts conflict in BFA. Like it or not.

Starting it does not mean the alliance are the aggressor and the horde are the victims though.

Start mining the worlds blood to use it in warfare, but dont come crying if the other faction soes not like that and tries to stop you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    The bastardisation of the Night Elf race is complete. They failed to stop the Orcs from invading Ashenvale, they failed to kick the Horde out of it and now Malfurion, allegedly the world's strongest mortal, fails to protect Teldrassil.
    Except they pretty much did. Maybe they didn't kick every single Hordie out of it but the Horde forces were nothing but defeated by the end of the Cataclysm expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Start mining the worlds blood to use it in warfare, but dont come crying if the other faction soes not like that and tries to stop you.
    Strange, that's precisely what the Alliance did in Ashran.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Starting it does not mean the alliance are the aggressor and the horde are the victims though.

This statement literally contradicts itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    ROFL that is your example of favouritism? The DKs running around raising new champions for the faction? Pathetic compared to the bloody joke of giving Horde every phase in Cata at their victory and nothing showing them driven out.

How is that Alliance favourtism again? You had to do a storyline that involved rooting out a demon in SI:7? Okay I'll play your dumbass game: how come no demons infiltrated the horde and needed to be removed? Get real, NEITHER your example nor my mockery of it is favourtism. What is favouritism is turning Siege of Orgrimmar into a hugbox with the fucking Horde instead of having them be the losers.
    and the tauren had a whole zone, and it wasn't half rotted by the Nightmare LOL. Oh jeez ARGUS? OKay by that metric ALL of WoD was full of orcs, even the corner the Draenei were in, so WoD = Horde expansion. What's that? Draenor Orcs not horde? ya and the Eredar aren't Alliance...
    Lmao really? Okay Thrall killed Garrosh when he should've been executed by the Alliance...
    Cata and MoP all about the Horde, and legitimately about the Horde. Not 'zomg we had to save SI:7 from demonic infiltration'
    Please tell me which Alliance city was made into a raid and which Alliance leader was turned into a super villain for no reason?

Please tell me how many major lore characters have the Alliance lost compared to the Horde? Varian?

Please tell me why the Alliance Garrison is far superior to the Horde one?

Please tell me what the story of the Horde was in Legion? Or where the Horde even was during Legion? Because I only remember questing with Alliance characters and helping Alliance leaders.

"Horde bias" my ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Well yeah, I honestly can't see the motivation, even though it has to be something weird for sure. If Varimathras bore knowledge of this, it means such plan predates Cataclysm and the Alliance's attempt of taking over Lordaeron, which inevitably brings the question: why Stormwind, of all places? Now, aside from my semi-joke regarding Arthas' body, there must be something there that Sylvanas truly wanted and whatever it was, I'm not sure it matters anymore since the events of Before the Storm somehow leads to a war against Night Elves, the burning of Teldrassil and freaking siege of Lordaeron.

Chances are that excerpt is a semi-red herring: it's only partially what it makes you believe it is.
    Its interesting because the more you think the less sense it makes.

Since its (apparently) plan from pre-cata, we can assume it has nothing to do with ressurecting new forsaken (as she couldnt do it back then).
    Since its now, its difficult to see it as part of "revenge against humanity" since arthas is long dead.

As it is, i expect some criptic asspull, if its anything other than just zandalari.

Deleted
    This statement literally contradicts itself.
    If you look at it without any context it does contradict itself yea. If you are able to grasp the idea that the alliance tried to stop something that if left unchecked could wipe them out because the horde has exactly this intent....eeeh not so much.

Sadly you dont dig that deep but are instead focused in finding those straws.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Except they pretty much did. Maybe they didn't kick every single Hordie out of it but the Horde forces were nothing but defeated by the end of the Cataclysm expansion.

Strange, that's precisely what the Alliance did in Ashran.
    They were defeated because of the Siege of Orgrimmar. The Night Elves still lost the battle in Ashenvale.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    And people say Sylvanas sounds evil? She sounds like a competent and strategizing leader.
    This is cherrypicking of the highest degree and like pretty much everything, she lucked into it. She's by far the most incompetent Warchief ever.

So she managed to destroy the city that's the furthest away from any meaningful reinforcement and only have one choke point after which the city i pretty much open.

She then expected to hold on to a city under pretty much mirrored conditions and she never used the choke points of UC. Which are far superior to Teldrassil.

The only reasons she succeeds in anything are her ridiculous plot armour and her status as waifu and r34 bait.

On my incompetence scale, she ranks about Sargeras, who is number one.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you look at it without any context it does contradict itself yea. If you are able to grasp the idea that the alliance tried to stop something that if left unchecked could wipe them out because the horde has exactly this intent....eeeh not so much.

Sadly you dont dig that deep but are instead focused in finding those straws.
    And they know that...how ?

Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    This ia cherrypicking of the highest degree and like pretty much everything, she lucked into it. She's by far the most incompetent Warchief ever.

So she managed to destroy the city that's the furthest away from any meaningful reinforcement and only have one choke point after which the city i pretty much open.

She then expected to hold on to a city under pretty much mirrored conditions and she never used the choke points of UC. Which are far superior to Teldrassil.

The only reasons she succeeds in anything are her ridiculos plot armour and her status as waifu and r34 bait.

On my incompetence scale, she ranks about Sargeras, who is number one.
    People are really triggered by Sylvanas damn

Deleted
    And they know that...how ?
    By sending spies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    They were defeated because of the Siege of Orgrimmar. The Night Elves still lost the battle in Ashenvale.
    Did you even play the Alliance chain of Cata-upgraded Ashenvale?
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

So is this proof that the Horde were, once again, the aggressors? Since Saurfang was captured and imprisoned after Lordaeron was invaded.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    So is this proof that the Horde were, once again, the aggressors? Since Saurfang was captured and imprisoned after Lordaeron was invaded.
    What? How is that in any way related?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I've long tried to make coherent sense of the "Before the Storm" opening teaser - I can't for the life of me connect A to B in a sensible manner. There's some objective to Stormwind that Sylvanas desires, and it is something she mentions to Nathanos that he has also "long desired," which seems to point to a longer-term plan we've not had previous knowledge of. There's nothing in Stormwind I can think of that both Sylvanas and Nathanos have "long desired," excepting perhaps the notion of converting the humans of Stormwind into Forsaken (though I'm not sure if Nathanos would want that or not, he may only want it because Sylvanas may). Striking that, it would have to be something that's been in the possession of Stormwind for some time - something connected to both Nathanos and Sylvanas on a profound level.

So either Sylvanas' plan is as transparent as it might otherwise seem, or there's something we're not privy to that will be unveiled either later on in 7.3.5 or in "Before the Storm" itself.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    By sending spies.
    Doubtful that they somehow got info regarding the "Horde's intentions".

Yet when the Horde tried to stop the Alliance's shady businesses in Ashran they were, guess what, paranoid and aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    What? How is that in any way related?
    It shows that Teldrassil happened before Undercity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I made an error there. I meant Alliance position. I tested it personally while playing on a toaster. Even with lowest drawing distance the spaceships (only 2 out of 3, but still) were visible from Alliance side. Unless the story is that Alliance races suffer from tunnel vision so strong they can't see not only the spaceships, but bright green space lasers of doom, there is nothing to validate the Alliance blaming the Horde even from their perspective and the perspective of the limited information they had.
    You saw the archers leave right? They strolled away casually like they were in no danger. That is why the Alliance assume they were betrayed. If you got time to casually walk away you got time to cover someone a bit while they retreat then run and gtfo.