Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question When they ban your champion in champ select

What's the appropriate action to take?

I've seen it happen a few times.

Once where the opposing Zilean just ran it down mid after his teammate banned his champion.

Recently this guy banned my top, of course I wasn't impressed so I just hovered Soraka..someone ended up dodging. Very next game he says he's gonna ban my champion. Doesn't even care..
    I find it really rude and unacceptable. We ended up winning the game but I dunno...maybe a L would have been better.

I think the rest of the team may not have deserved to lose, so winning was the right choice but I'd take a screenshot or two and record the game in case I can submit video/picture reports on these assholes though.

You pick another champion. Not a difficult concept. There's plenty of good reasons for banning "your" champion, like if it's Yasuo or Riven, or you're a late pick and the champion is likely to get picked early by the other team.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    You pick another champion. Not a difficult concept. There's plenty of good reasons for banning "your" champion, like if it's Yasuo or Riven, or you're a late pick and the champion is likely to get picked early by the other team.
    How there is a good reason if I'm an early pick. I almost never see it happen and when it does, the person who it happens too almost always threatens to int. It seems like that's the acceptable move in the community.

Quit the entitlement, learn a diversity of heroes, take a different pick.
    The end.
    There's nothing else.
    Learn, adapt, overcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Quit the entitlement, learn a diversity of heroes, take a different pick.
    The end.
    There's nothing else.
    Learn, adapt, overcome.
    That's simply not how it works. I've never seen it where someone bans another teammate's champion and they're all like "oh no problem, it's all good"

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    That's simply not how it works. I've never seen it where someone bans another teammate's champion and they're all like "oh no problem, it's all good"
    Okay. Grow up and start doing it.

I've played this game since the early beta, and learning a diverse pool of champions is better than being a one trick pony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Okay. Grow up and start doing it.

I've played this game since the early beta, and learning a diverse pool of champions is better than being a one trick pony.
    No. What does growing up have to do with it? They shouldn't be banning your champion. Sounds like you are one of those who do this. Awful.

No. What does growing up have to do with it? They shouldn't be banning your champion. Sounds like you are one of those who do this. Awful.
    Quite frankly, I haven't played this game for ages.

I am telling you what I used to do. It has everything to do with growing up, because your teams well being, communication and composition trumps your petty ego-need to have EXACTLY what you want, instead of adapting.

15+ Year Old Account
    One trick poster turns out to be one trick pony in league, well I'm honestly shocked.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    no people like you are the problem with league, people who only play 1 champ or 1 roll then throw the game when they don't get it because they have the mentality of a 5 year old.

Deleted
    i sometimes think about banning a champ my teammate wants to play if they pick something like gangplank or ryze. Champions that are played by pro players and therefor everyone wants to play it, only problem is that you need to be RLY good to use the champions well.. i would rather ban it and force the person to play something he can play well and not just "cus some pro player did good with it in LCS"

Deleted
    Easy..

Be the bigger person!!

So what, some asshole banned your champion, just pick one you are decent with, and play a safe game.
    If you only know how to play the game with one champion, you need more practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a few champions that depending on other bans on the team i ban no matter what. Mostly ones i don't like laning against or ones that can snowball a game pretty hard. The only exception to me banning a champion like say Yasuo (just an example), is if the person on my team is absolute first pick. If I am mid, and my top lane is first pick and wants Yasuo, then sure ill not ban. But if i am mid and our top pick is last, and wants Yasuo, ill apologize and tell them, i am not interested in a wild Yasuo and ban it. If they dont like it they can dodge or if they want to Int and feed, they can and ill just report. The quick feedback you get when your reports lead to an action are just indication that my policy seems to be working.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

The worst is when you hover a champion to indicate you will play it and then your team bans it. I think thats when you pull out the first time yassuo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    The worst is when you hover a champion to indicate you will play it and then your team bans it. I think thats when you pull out the first time yassuo.
    And what's fundamentally wrong with it?

If your pick position on the team is somewhere near the bottom, it's very reasonable to ban your champion(assumed to be pick-or-ban kind, like Janna) anyway because there's a very high chance the opposing team will pick it instead.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    And what's fundamentally wrong with it?

If your pick position on the team is somewhere near the bottom, it's very reasonable to ban your champion(assumed to be pick-or-ban kind, like Janna) anyway because there's a very high chance the opposing team will pick it instead.
    The only must ban in recent months was Zoe, which everybody banned, no questions asked.

However, outside of rare cases of the one two broken champs, if I hover a normal champ, and you ban it just because you got wrecked by it last game, it shows disrespect for your teammates.

Aside from the universally accepted must ban champs, there is a low probability that the opponent will pick a champion that your teammate wants to play. The chance is higher for your teammate to play well on the champ he likes and wants to play.

The only must ban in recent months was Zoe, which everybody banned, no questions asked.

However, outside of rare cases of the one two broken champs, if I hover a normal champ, and you ban it just because you got wrecked by it last game, it shows disrespect for your teammates.

Here's the magic of Zoe bans - only one person needs to ban her. So what about the four other bans? Also, there are other must-ban-or-pick champions, like Janna-54%-winrate, pre-nerf Gangplank, pre-nerf Nunu, Vayne before Fleet Footwork nerfs, Alistar Leona Blitzcrank before Aftershock nerfs. Not even counting current meta with Sion and Warwick.

Instead of risking the opponent picking top tier meta champions earlier than us just because 4th/5th pick hovered on them already, I may as well ban those problematic champions right off the bat and save the team from further misery.

Aside from the universally accepted must ban champs, there is a low probability that the opponent will pick a champion that your teammate wants to play. The chance is higher for your teammate to play well on the champ he likes and wants to play.
    Also, please spare us the intellectual dishonesty that Zoe is somehow the only champion that gets contested on the first round if she somehow makes it through bans, most of those champions I listed earlier had at least 3 of them pop up every game when they were in their heyday. You are insulting everyone's intelligence when you make up bullshit like that in face of the numerous lol statistics sites there are nowadays.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2018-03-09 at 04:14 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Here's the magic of Zoe bans - only one person needs to ban her. So what about the four other bans? Also, there are other must-ban-or-pick champions, like Janna-54%-winrate, pre-nerf Gangplank, pre-nerf Nunu, Vayne before Fleet Footwork nerfs, Alistar Leona Blitzcrank before Aftershock nerfs. Not even counting current meta with Sion and Warwick.

Instead of risking the opponent picking top tier meta champions earlier than us just because 4th/5th pick hovered on them already, I may as well ban those problematic champions right off the bat and save the team from further misery.
    This is the problem with LoL casuals that cry about win rates all the time. 54% OMG, stop the presses, Riot nerf please. You're not in LCS, you're not in challenger. Doesn't matter for you. You have a champion, the opponent has a champion, use your brain and counter play instead of moaning about meta champs being op.

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    i sometimes think about banning a champ my teammate wants to play if they pick something like gangplank or ryze. Champions that are played by pro players and therefor everyone wants to play it, only problem is that you need to be RLY good to use the champions well.. i would rather ban it and force the person to play something he can play well and not just "cus some pro player did good with it in LCS"
    Big problem with that is that people often don't check, I am decently practiced with every champ in the jungle, and multiple champs in every role, but I have "mained" J4 (twice as many games than anyone else but Zac) for many seasons as my go-to when I'm not as comfortable with a counter-pick or don't have something to fit the comp, and I get him banned out from under me quite often. Yes I have tons of champs to fall back on, but taking away a character that someone feels comfortable on, or has been playing multiple games in a row to try and learn unnecessarily tilts that person in the pre-game, which is never good, to say nothing of how rude it is.