Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    1. Wrath
    2. Legion
    3. MoP
    4. BC
    5. Cata
    6. WoD

For me, the quality of the expansion is really about whether or not I want to log in each day and what there is to do when I do. I was totally no-lifeing Wrath, raided probably close to 40 hours per week between multiple toons, had a great guild where people were always down to do things, etc. Legion I have a reason to log in every day, and I love the M+ system, but unfortunately my guild has become pretty shitty and I don't like pugging so I don't get to do those things as much as I'd like. MoP was one of those expansions where I don't feel like I appreciated it enough when it happened but do in hindsight, even with the really cheesy premise. BC wasn't bad, and Kara was an amazing raid but it doesn't rank highly for me. Same with Vanilla. Cata I didn't play a lot after burning myself out in Wrath, but I don't really have much in the way of specific complaints. WoD there was really no point to log on for more than five minutes outside of raid night which is certainly not what I'm looking for in a game I pay a monthly fee for.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

1. BC
    2. Vanilla
    3. Wrath

4. Cata(?)
    5. MoP(??)
    Didn't really play further, the free month of WoD was enough to finally cure me of modern WoW.

If I'm honest after #3 I didn't care for the game; I enjoyed the original trilogy (not entirely without complaints for Wrath) and the first half of Cata until Firelands (without old world revamp, already had a max level main which I continued)

1. Legion
    2. Wrath
    3. Mop
    4. Cata
    5. TBC
    6. Vanilla
    7. WoD

Been playing since closed beta. Vanilla and TBC were good for the time, but they are shit by todays standards, horrid itemization, useless specs, etc. Wrath added a lot of good things to game, LFG, loot currency etc. Cata started off well, but fell flat at DS. Mop was amazing, good story, raids, etc. Wod was.... everything opposite of MoP besides raiding, there was just nothing to do outside of it, great for Raid loggers I guess, but shit if you actually wanted to play. Legion has just been amazing overall, my favorite expac so far, always something to do.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2018-02-11 at 03:59 PM.

1. Wotlk
    2. Mop
    3. Legion
    4. TBC
    5. Cata
    6. WoD
    100000. Vanilla (holy shit it sucked)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    That's not a legit reason. The expansion had more to offer then Cata, Wotlk, heck even WoD.
    Yeah it is. This is MMO-RPG and as such the theme is very important to people who like RPGs. They completely ruined the theme of Warcraft in that expansion. If I wanted to play some asian looking mess I would hop onto Final Fantasy or Lineage. Warcraft is suppose to be in a quasi medieval theme, not some chinese bullshit.

1. TBC
    2. Legion
    3. WotLK
    4. MoP
    5. WoD
    6. Cata

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinitar View Post
    1. MoP
    2. Legion
    3. Wotlk
    4. TBC
    5. Cata
    6. WoD

Wotlk had nice themes and a worthy endboss, but it seriously lacks compared to Legion and MoP in terms of content. It was literally raid or else...

MoP, on the other hand, had the most diverse, innovative, and well-balanced content to date. It had very good catch-up mechanics for alts and people who returned after a break, by far the best patches that supplied content in between the major patches, and a story that actually made sense compared to Legion. I always found it silly how, in ToS, you fight Kil'Jaeden, yet there is absolutely no build-up to that moment. Same for Argus the Unmaker. Still, gameplay-wise, you can't deny that MoP and Legion brought the most and best innovations to the game that are still used and perfected in future expansions, such as BfA.
    For ToS, I would say the lack of buildup to Kil'Jaeden is precisely because Kil'Jaeden is in his spaceship overseeing everything, and we are all "PORTAL!" and KJ be like "Damn, shoulda closed that shit". If you exclude KJ, the rest of ToS had good flow - We fight some demons using it as a base, some naga trying to be sneaky, and the old shit left to fester in there.

Argus had his buildup in the questing outside the raid.

Still, both raids were FAR and above the buildup for the worst flowing raid of all time, Dragon Soul. 6 of the 7 bosses in there came completely out of left field, and the one we did know about was completely lacking in terms of intensity, engagement, ect.

As for me...

1: WotLK. Culmination to WC3. Introduced both the LFG tool, a boon for casual play, and the start of cross-realm PvE content, which was the death of the community, but again a boon for casual play.
    2: MoP. Warlock tanking was fun.
    3: BC. Good expansion all-around, no complaints. Nothing to write home about either though.
    4: Legion. Great pacing of content. However, the class and talent changes brings it waaay down.
    5/6: Cata/WoD. Both expansions had a GREAT start. Both expansions had a TERRIBLE finish. WoD's finish was worse than Catas, but it's start was better.

Vanilla is it's own thing, as I was just a wee teenager then, and didn't have a clue what I was doing. Besides being an innervate bot, and trying to get the gold for that green kodo before it was swapped out mercilessly.

BfA seems to be the continuation of the same class/talent design as Legion, except even worst. They are even homogenizing tanking now!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    Yeah it is. This is MMO-RPG and as such the theme is very important to people who like RPGs. They completely ruined the theme of Warcraft in that expansion. If I wanted to play some asian looking mess I would hop onto Final Fantasy or Lineage. Warcraft is suppose to be in a quasi medieval theme, not some chinese bullshit.

Space goats and spaceships in BC.

Goblin explosives and gnomish shrink rays since forever.

Mother-!@#$ing ICECREAM and guns available since forever.

Yea, quasi-medieval theme my ass. Admit it - You're just racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

1. TBC
    2. WOTLK (1 and 2 being VERY close)
    3. CATA
    4. MOP
    5. Legion (Legion and WoD are for sure close in least I had fun in and enjoyed)
    6. WOD

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    For ToS, I would say the lack of buildup to Kil'Jaeden is precisely because Kil'Jaeden is in his spaceship overseeing everything, and we are all "PORTAL!" and KJ be like "Damn, shoulda closed that shit". If you exclude KJ, the rest of ToS had good flow - We fight some demons using it as a base, some naga trying to be sneaky, and the old shit left to fester in there.

Argus had his buildup in the questing outside the raid.

Still, both raids were FAR and above the buildup for the worst flowing raid of all time, Dragon Soul. 6 of the 7 bosses in there came completely out of left field, and the one we did know about was completely lacking in terms of intensity, engagement, ect.

As for me...

1: WotLK. Culmination to WC3. Introduced both the LFG tool, a boon for casual play, and the start of cross-realm PvE content, which was the death of the community, but again a boon for casual play.
    2: MoP. Warlock tanking was fun.
    3: BC. Good expansion all-around, no complaints. Nothing to write home about either though.
    4: Legion. Great pacing of content. However, the class and talent changes brings it waaay down.
    5/6: Cata/WoD. Both expansions had a GREAT start. Both expansions had a TERRIBLE finish. WoD's finish was worse than Catas, but it's start was better.

Vanilla is it's own thing, as I was just a wee teenager then, and didn't have a clue what I was doing. Besides being an innervate bot, and trying to get the gold for that green kodo before it was swapped out mercilessly.

BfA seems to be the continuation of the same class/talent design as Legion, except even worst. They are even homogenizing tanking now!

- - - Updated - - -

Space goats and spaceships in BC.

Goblin explosives and gnomish shrink rays since forever.

Mother-!@#$ing ICECREAM and guns available since forever.

Yea, quasi-medieval theme my ass. Admit it - You're just racist.
    WC3 pandas were cool, but the fat Jack Black pandas of mists can go fuck themselves.

Deleted
    1) Legion
    2) MoP
    3) Cata
    4) WLK
    5) TBC
    6) WOD
    7) Vanilla

Deleted
    Just a question for anyone who ranked MoP low. Is there any legit reason to rank it so low beside:

1) Nuuuuuuh Pandas in my game that never took itself seriously.

2) There was a huge content gap after Siege of Ogrgrimmar which was more of a problem with WoD as MoP pretty much ended with SoO.

And yes, this is a serious question. I want to know.

didn't play vanilla

1. Wotlk
    2. Cata
    3. BC
    4. MoP
    5. Legion
    6. Wod

7+ Year Old Account
    1 Vanilla
    2 Wotlk
    3 TBC
    4 Mop
    5 Cata
    6 Wod
    7 Legion/Bfa
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

1. MoP
    2. Legion
    3. Wrath
    4. Cata
    5. TBC
    6. Vanilla
    7. WoD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Daily quest grind at the beginning was obnoxious and basically a requirement to min/max as a raider.

Music was repetitive and uninspired generic eastern themed stuff.

Story wasn't all that interesting...I just was never sold on Pandaria as an area. The name sounded like a joke and even the themes were often very relaxed and comical (a beer themed dungeon lol) making it hard to stay invested in the story.
    1. As a raider in MoP no it wasn't. I did fine in 463/476 crafteds and was progressing Mogushan just fine. I never once felt I was forced into doing dailies in order to raid. Nor was any of our guild and we were pushing Heroic at that time. I mean we told people at least try to work on your reps but we never enforced it.

I mean I imagine bleeding edge world/realm first guilds did but that is their mentality. They push for that .1% no matter what which is fine of course.

2. That's like saying a Western/Cowboy themed game has too much Western themed music. Of course there is going to be music to fit the theme.

3. I agree. Story was boring early on and it didn't really pick up until the Purge of Dalaran or around 5.2. Still a damn sight better than the story in Cata or WoD. I didn't feel like I was needed early on for the most part other than dealing with the Sha.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-11 at 06:15 PM.

1.Wrath
    2. MoP
    3. WoD
    4. BC
    5. Legion
    6. Cata
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

1) WotLK (Best story, best zone atmosphere, best questing experience, IMO)
    2) Vanilla (Most RPG elements)
    3) TBC (PvP was some of the best in TBC, my favorite Rogue spec came from here. Dungeons were a lot of fun)
    4) Cata (I had the most fun in PvP in this expansion, so my opinion is biased)
    5) WoD (PvP was fun, I enjoyed the garrison system for rewarding logging on a few times a day. Building up my army was enjoyable, and I liked how questing rewarded followers.)
    6) Legion (Some of the best questing experience, but as a PvPer this expansion was focused too much around PvE)

7) MoP (Absolutely hated it. Zones were pretty, that's it. Whole thing was a filler expansion. Didn't like the PvP, the questing wasn't even related to the main story at all, rep grinding dailies was some of the most cumbersome things I've done in any expansion. Started as a Horde vs Alliance war, ended with them fighting together..again. Jaina got stupid. Just a big nope for me.)

1) Legion
    2) MoP
    3) Wrath
    4) WoD
    5) Cata
    6) TBC
    7) Vanilla

1. Wrath
    2. BC
    3. Legion
    4. Cata
    5. MoP
    6. WoD

I can honestly say the only expansion I didn't like was WoD. No complaints about the content of the others except the long wait after Dragon Soul in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    1. You weren't a hardcore raider then. There were significant BiS pieces you could get from the rep vendors for almost every class. I was in a NA top 100 guild at the time and we had a strictly enforced requirement that you rep grind and submit your progress to the officers before MSV opened up.

2. I've played thousands and thousands of video games, many of which that have eastern themes. MoP is very generic sounding compared to games like Okami, Masamune, Nioh and others. It just comes off as soulless and uninspired every time I hear a MoP song, with a few exceptions.

3. Again I feel like big events like the Purge of Dalaran were really undercut but the silly characters. But I will agree, yes, much better execution than Cata or WoD.
    1. And as I said of course hardcore/pushing guilds would tell you to. But as an everyday player you were not forced to rep grind at all. And I agree I'm not Hardcore. If I have to give a term for back then I'd say "Midcore". I'm not denying that depending on your raiding situation that you probably did have to valor farm or risk being benched but in general I don't think it was forced.

I cleared each raid on Heroic and did farm it but we raided like 2-3 nights a week. Depending on how we felt. I'd say we were Casual but with the intent to push back then.

2. I agree some of it sounds generic. But that's the trap of heavy themed games sometimes. They end up just being too generic.

3. Purge was awesome to watch imo but the development for some characters was off.

I think MoP was good on paper but everyone is divided over it because it wasn't business as usual for the most part. I kind of liked that it was a break from the usual dragonslaying and big doom and gloom stuff but there are others who don't and I do get that.

What irked me a little is the Alliance and Horde teaming up to deal with Garrosh and then were like "k thanks for the loot bye". I mean with a new Horde there could have been some chance at building bridges but no.

Can't say I agree with those (not you) hating an entire expansion based off one race though. But eh everyone is entitled to their opinion at the end of the day.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-11 at 06:24 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla wasnt an expansion. How hard is that to get? Anyway.

#1 BC
    #2 Wrath
    #3 Draenor
    #4 Legion
    #5 Cataclysm
    #6 Pandaland.