Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Way to miss the point.
    He's good at that. If he does somehow get the point, he then tries to move the goalposts to fit his narrative, and fails miserably all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    He's good at that. If he does somehow get the point, he then tries to move the goalposts to fit his narrative, and fails miserably all the time.
    Considering he has successfully made this topic about Hillary... again. I would say he is doing very well.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Longtime Bill Clinton aide Justin Cooper, who helped set up the private email account that Hillary Clinton used as secretary of state, was the person “usually responsible” for setting up her new devices and syncing them to the server. Top aides Huma Abedin and Monica Hanley, as well as another person whose name is redacted, also helped Clinton set up her BlackBerry.

According to Abedin and Hanley, Clinton’s old devices would often disappear to parts “unknown once she transitioned to a new device.”

Cooper, according to the report, “did recall two instances where he destroyed Clinton’s old mobile devices by breaking them in half or hitting them with a hammer.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...-report-227692

2 instances. Those have nothing to do with the missing emails.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Hammers can erase data in the cloud and server-side now?
    It's magical Clinton hammers

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said it did. Just that it WAS destroyed with a hammer.
    That’s a normal practice with phones. I don’t understand your point. She, like many people who get rid of old phones, destroyed them. They use an appropriate tool to do so, in a hammer. Are you arguing that’s what guns are for? Because that does sound more fun...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s a normal practice with phones. I don’t understand your point. She, like many people who get rid of old phones, destroyed them. They use an appropriate tool to do so, in a hammer. Are you arguing that’s what guns are for? Because that does sound more fun...
    As far as i'm aware hammer is in fact not appropriate way to get rid of old device as per State Department regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    As far as i'm aware hammer is in fact not appropriate way to get rid of old device as per State Department regulations.
    We have to impeach her right now! She used the wrong kind of hammer! #Hammergate2018 #Releasethehammer

Does it truly matter how it was destroyed? She could have tossed it into the car that Elon Musk sent it to space for all I care.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Vago View Post
    So the DOJ and the FBI ask that the Nunes memo not be released until it was reviewed and heavily redacted. So Trump waited until that happened and was approved. The same thing happens with the Dem memo and all the sudden it is suspicious? Even though most of you screamed and cried about nothingburgers when over 30,000 emails magically disappeared, devices were destroyed by hammers and others where scrubbed clean by professionals. The logic on these forums is outstandingly humors; I love MMOC Gen OT
    That's not actually true. The DoJ did not want it released, and the FBI even provided a warning that the claims were inaccurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    May I see these devices being issued by the state department?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    2 instances. Those have nothing to do with the missing emails.
    I asked a poster if the devices were really broken with a hammer and he said absolutely not. Emails were NEVER mentioned, well at least until you mentioned them.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s a normal practice with phones. I don’t understand your point.
    My point is a poster said it never happened. I just provided proof it did in fact happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    We have to impeach her right now! She used the wrong kind of hammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I don't know about the professional part, but that hammer part is for sure incredibly wrong.
    Wait but a hammer was never used..

- - - Updated - - -

While we'll have to disagree that a normal practice is to use a hammer I was just responding to a poster who said a hammer was never used.

With a hammer. He stated he did it with a hammer.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said it did. Just that it WAS destroyed with a hammer.
    You didn't say that, but the person you originally quoted that brought this up heavily implied it, when there is no evidence they were related to the larger email issue involving Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    You didn't say that, but the person you originally quoted that brought this up heavily implied it, when there is no evidence they were related to the larger email issue involving Clinton.
    One does wonder why everything the Clintons do is done the way that shady person would do. In a vacuum, someone smacking a phone with a hammer isn't that weird, but when it's the same person that has a private email server and so on and so forth, it helps paint the overall picture of someone that's incredibly paranoid about their security. Maybe they should be paranoid, but it's still weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    One does wonder why everything the Clintons do is done the way that shady person would do. In a vacuum, someone smacking a phone with a hammer isn't that weird, but when it's the same person that has a private email server and so on and so forth, it helps paint the overall picture of someone that's incredibly paranoid about their security. Maybe they should be paranoid, but it's still weird.
    Nobody claimed Clinton was a likeable individual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Yeah, the Clintons should be more out in the open and honest like Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Nobody claimed Clinton was a likeable individual.
    Well sure. I guess I'm more on how weird she is. Telling some IT guy to smash your phone with a hammer seems like a poorly written scene in 24 or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well sure. I guess I'm more on how weird she is. Telling some IT guy to smash your phone with a hammer seems like a poorly written scene in 24 or something.
    I mean, the most parsimonious explanation is something that we've already known for a while; she's not exactly tech savvy, so 'destroying a device' might be taken to that conclusion.

But yeah, it's a weird action regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I mean, the most parsimonious explanation is something that we've already known for a while; she's not exactly tech savvy, so 'destroying a device' might be taken to that conclusion.
    Frankly, given that Clinton not being tech savvy is a big part of what led to the whole e-mail debacle in the first place, I'd say that occam's razor heavily favors this explanation.

2 years later and you're still going on about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is a thread about the Republicans preventing transparency devolving into much-debunked nonsensery about Clinton's emails?

I mean, there's an obvious answer, but you'd think that would be do obviously dishonest no one would bother.