Poll: Is it time to merge?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Not everyone wants busy realms.
    Why do people want a low pop realm though? Don't we all play a MMORPG (that is known to be populated by players) and expect to be crowded with online players doing their own thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Most realms in WoW are more dead then dead. CRZ is a nice solution but we are on a point where merging realms would be doing WoW a much more benefit then CRZ does.

So what is your opinion? Is it time to merge realms togheter and build a community again?
    More dead than dead? Shit son, I had to run in circles to compete in completing my quests. CRZ works, yes but this wasn't only CRZ. Maybe merge some of the already merged who still didn't make it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Rather than wasting time on merging servers, they should kill the very concept of servers. Region-wide AH, region-wide guilds and cross-server mythic raiding will be a good first step.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Why do people want a low pop realm though? Don't we all play a MMORPG (that is known to be populated by players) and expect to be crowded with online players doing their own thing?
    For the opposite reasons why people want high pop realms.. It's not just one same end for every single person on this planet.
    I don't want to sit 6 hours camping a rare creature on a days spawn timer and six spawn locations, just to miss it for someone who happens to randomly walk by and tag oneshot it. Just as one very very minor example.
    No, we don't all play an mmorpg, the game might be categorized as one, doesn't mean we all play it as one, it's an MMO, but it's also an RPG, you don't need more than 1 person to play roleplaying game. Roleplaying game where you can be anyone you want and do almost whatever you want. It's more restrictive than an pen and paper rpg where you can literally be anyone or anything since this has more restrictions than just a game that's just in your imagination, but it's also a more graphical representation than just pure game inside ones mind.

I haven't been part of a guild or community since Firelands, i've treated this game as any other single player game since then.
    Why am I in WoW then and not Witcher or that Demon Souls, Dark Souls or whatever it's called single player rpg.
    Simple, I like WoW, doesn't mean i have to like the people in it or the group content in it, it's not all there is in this game.
    People are exhausting, random people even more so. There's about 15-20 people give or take a few on any given day on this entire globe i want to talk and bare be around with. Which out of none play WoW. Who needs the rest of the 50 megabizillion.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2018-02-11 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethalmd View Post
    Yeah, hf finding a name then.
    Can't find a name now that isn't unpronounceable, or full of ascii.

But yeah, it's time for a full scale merge, be even better if they got rid of CRZ, but kept CR for friends/grouping.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Deleted
    There should definitely be more merges at least, recruitment is absolute hell on my realm since there's 3 worthwhile guilds and only one of them is horde. Unless they want the raiding scene to die completely on backwater realms then they need to make the populations fatter than they are or cut back massively on the costs of transfers to low pop realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Redecle View Post
    For the opposite reasons why people want high pop realms.. It's not just one same end for every single person on this planet.
    I don't want to sit 6 hours camping a rare creature on a days spawn timer and six spawn locations, just to miss it for someone who happens to randomly walk by and tag oneshot it. Just as one very very minor example.
    No, we don't all play an mmorpg, the game might be categorized as one, doesn't mean we all play it as one, it's an MMO, but it's also an RPG, you don't need more than 1 person to play roleplaying game. Roleplaying game where you can be anyone you want and do almost whatever you want. It's more restrictive than an pen and paper rpg where you can literally be anyone or anything since this has more restrictions than just a game that's just in your imagination, but it's also a more graphical representation than just pure game inside ones mind.

I haven't been part of a guild or community since Firelands, i've treated this game as any other single player game since then.
    Why am I in WoW then and not Witcher or that Demon Souls, Dark Souls or whatever it's called single player rpg.
    Simple, I like WoW, doesn't mean i have to like the people in it or the group content in it, it's not all there is in this game.
    People are exhausting, random people even more so. There's about 15-20 people give or take a few on any given day on this entire globe i want to talk and bare be around with. Which out of none play WoW.
    That is a crz problem, not a full server problem.

Blizzard won't merge realms. That is bad PR. They might increase teh number of connected realsm in the future, but full on mergers are alwasy a sign of dying MMO, somethign Blizzard wants to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Blizzard won't merge realms. That is bad PR.
    Apparently having undersupplied and overpriced goods on AH and no raiding scene is good PR.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Apparently having undersupplied and overpriced goods on AH and no raiding scene is good PR.
    Investors don't see that.

They see "Blizzard merges World of Warcraft servers" and read "World of Warcraft is dying, bail out NOW!".

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    That is a crz problem, not a full server problem.
    That "problem" if one calls it such, as said it's one of the minor ones, existed way before crz. If you're referring to the mentioned rare creatures.
    People don't magically live in crz, they are located on a realm in the end.
    Full server or megaserver has the exact same problems as crz one, regarding this cause the issue in the end is the number of players.
    Granted on crz there's multiple iterations of the physical realm so simultaneously there's multiple rares in the space time from number of realms.
    But a full physical server only has one rare and if the server is full or crowded, odds are there's other people camping the same creature, depending on the value of it.
    One example of this from Cata before CRZ was implemented. The rare elites, they were never up, not once in the expansion cycle i saw even one of them up.
    And i camped, a lot, A LOT. Saw corpses, multiple of them, but not once a live one. They went down like hay in the wind. And it didn't require crz for it to happen. Heck in the end of Cata during DS this server alliance side had 15 active players, 15, there was nothing else to do but camp rares and still they were always dead every time, even if they didn't drop a mount, only 2 of them did, didn't matter with the rest. Same thing during MoP, CRZ was a thing but it didn't effect Pandaria as the continent was off crz, until WoD. The Dinos that dropped the direhorn mounts, 1 across each zone. They were always dead on spawn. I killed my first Warbringer way way into WoD, like BRF when Pandaria was finally crz'd. Just because i was camping at 0530 in the morning, but MoP around the clock it was always corpses.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2018-02-11 at 07:51 PM.

That "problem" if one calls it such, as said it's one of the minor ones, existed way before crz. If you're referring to the mentioned rare creatures.
    People don't magically live in crz, they are located on a realm in the end.
    Full server or megaserver has the exact same problems as crz one, regarding this cause the issue in the end is the number of players.
    Granted on crz there's multiple iterations of the physical realm so simultaneously there's multiple rares in the space time from number of realms.
    But a full physical server only has one rare and if the server is full or crowded, odds are there's other people camping the same creature, depending on the value of it.
    One example of this from Cata before CRZ was implemented. The rare elites, they were never up, not once in the expansion cycle i saw even one of them up.
    And i camped, a lot, A LOT. Saw corpses, multiple of them, but not once a live one. They went down like hay in the wind. And it didn't require crz for it to happen. Heck in the end of Cata during DS this server alliance side had 15 active players, 15 there was nothing else to do but camp rares and still they were always dead every time.
    pre-crz on a full realm I've never had too much trouble finding rares, and I was able to net me the TLPD.

10+ Year Old Account
    When PvP and PvE servers become one and the same, it would be an opportune time to merge, yes. Not that it isn't a good time to merge already. It's long overdue.

pre-crz on a full realm I've never had too much trouble finding rares, and I was able to net me the TLPD.
    Depends what people do and on which realm, i guess.
    This was as dead as a doorknob after my old raid guild left.
    It was the only reason the server was even populated, 15 people was all that remained from around 700 alliance members.
    Which the one rading guild consisted of about probably 50 people, 30 raiders plus socials. Rest were counting on the economy provided by such guild on the realm.
    Horde never had presence cause it was alliance server, somewhere around 200, until after the merge when shit hit the fan and now you have to pvp on who even gets to camp rare spawns. Still what remained managed to hunt rares for 2 expansions on the pretty straight schedule. Obviously it's not all rares, again the value counts. And luck.. i stole my tag for TLPD in Wrath from somebody, there's no mercy in the world of collecting shit.
    But most of the valuable rares even came before crz. Currently rares created are a joke, nothing rare about them, 15 seconds spawn timer. But i guess something also had to change in that with crz. As they nerfed to those Cata rares last fall. They are now what 6-8 hours spawns all, cause the twice a week spawns with crz were impossible cause they were already impossible without crz.

Still.. It's not all even for collecting for yourself or some prestigious rarity. People camp to sell. In Outland there's these rares that drop boe goggles for transmog, 5k a pop in AH.
    Don't even need crz to know there's a guy who camps them on my realm, when i was hunting them i run in to player, only one even with crz in the game, from my realm, who sold them in the auction house. And this is TBC content but during WoD CRZ and connected realm era. 2 people doing the same shit from the same realm. So essentially you don't even need a full realm, one other person is enough.
    Then it was like you want to get in on this one. First you camp rares over one another and then you copper undercut each other in the AH.
    In the end must have made like a 100k just from several pairs of some shitty goggles, i don't even know where all the buyers came for those.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2018-02-11 at 08:24 PM.

Depends what people do and on which realm, i guess.
    This was as dead as a doorknob after my old raid guild left.
    It was the only reason the server was even populated, 15 people was all that remained from around 700 alliance members.
    Which the one rading guild consisted of about probably 50 people, 30 raiders plus socials. Rest were counting on the economy provided by such guild on the realm.
    Horde never had presence cause it was alliance server, somewhere around 200, until after the merge when shit hit the fan and now you have to pvp on who even gets to camp rare spawns. Still what remained managed to hunt rares for 2 expansions on the pretty straight schedule. Obviously it's not all rares, again the value counts. And luck.. i stole my tag for TLPD in Wrath from somebody, there's no mercy in the world of collecting shit.
    But most of the valuable rares even came before crz. Currently rares created are a joke, nothing rare about them, 15 seconds spawn timer. But i guess something also had to change in that with crz. As they nerfed to those Cata rares last fall. They are now what 6-8 hours spawns all, cause the twice a week spawns with crz were impossible cause they were already impossible without crz.

Still.. It's not all even for collecting for yourself or some prestigious rarity. People camp to sell. In Outland there's these rares that drop boe goggles for transmog, 5k a pop in AH.
    Don't even need crz to know there's a guy who camps them on my realm, when i was hunting them i run in to player, only one even with crz in the game, from my realm, who sold them in the auction house. And this is TBC content but during WoD CRZ and connected realm era. 2 people doing the same shit from the same realm. So essentially you don't even need a full realm, one other person is enough.
    crz fucked servers out of off-times and peek times, there is always someone doing something no matter what time of day, or night.

crz fucked servers out of off-times and peek times, there is always someone doing something no matter what time of day, or night.
    That is true, in that regard pre-crz was better. Granted if you were on a dead server, where you had no local realm competition.
    Full realm then or now would be almost as bad since there would be people doing things almost always. Less pop would be in benefit thou.

Should have been merged ages ago. It's kind of too late now to of really be of any benefit other than minor quality of life stuff.

Blizzard also wants to make money from realm transfers.

I'd rather they come up with a simpler way to let friends from NA and Europe play together if they're going to focus on anything related to that sort of thing.

That, and cross-realm guilds should happen. Cross realm guilds are very unlikely to happen also due to paid server transfers.

15+ Year Old Account
    We already have connected realms, which effectively doubles or triples the number of characters allowed on a realm "cluster" and also lets everyone in the cluster keep their names, friend lists, and guilds intact.

So, no, they don't need to merge realms. Connect more, sure. Hell, connect whole battlegroups. That's the smart and efficient way to handle merging in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethalmd View Post
    Yeah, hf finding a name then.
    Give us last names and this instantly becomes a non-issue.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Why are people worried about their names?

You get your realm tag at the end of your name. So no one is gonna steal your name darlings.

They are like xIllidanx - Thrall