Black Market Auction House Timers Are Awful

Like any real auction, when bid wars start on items on the BMAH the timer is slightly extended, that's fine except when it always says "between 2-12 hours" but you never know what the fuck that means.

IRL auctions have a limited duration, and you either bid in the time or you lose out. But you cannot actually just sit there and camp an auction IRL. The person who bids the most wins, but not only that the person who is willing to spend the most and has the cash on hand wins.

In the BMAH? The person who has enough time to sit there camping auctions is who wins.

Why can't the game just give us live timers for that stuff? Nothing like seeing an item you really want on the BMAH, and you end up losing only because you don't have all day to camp, and then you come back is well under what you think is the timer (it said between 2-12 hours, but you can't possibly know) only to find it gone.

Literally no real money real world online auctions work this way, they HAVE to show real time left on bidding because otherwise people will snipe the items from auctions by simply having the most time to sit there and wait while fewer or even no people bid on it.w

BMAH is meant to be vague and unuser friendly so you will spend all your gold outbidding each other and screwing up like some poor fuck did accidently spending 5million gold on a fucking mystery box!

Quote Originally Posted by Sporebat View Post
    BMAH is meant to be vague and unuser friendly so you will spend all your gold outbidding each other and screwing up like some poor fuck did accidently spending 5million gold on a fucking mystery box!
    Pretty much this exactly. Its not suppose to be user friendly to the point that you can not exactly when it will end otherwise everyone would save their gold, wait till its just about to expire, then try ti snipe it.
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

10+ Year Old Account
    thats literally the main reason that bmah was made, so you waste your gold
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolknerd View Post
    Like any real auction, when bid wars start on items on the BMAH the timer is slightly extended, that's fine except when it always says "between 2-12 hours" but you never know what the fuck that means.

IRL auctions have a limited duration, and you either bid in the time or you lose out. But you cannot actually just sit there and camp an auction IRL. The person who bids the most wins, but not only that the person who is willing to spend the most and has the cash on hand wins.

In the BMAH? The person who has enough time to sit there camping auctions is who wins.

Why can't the game just give us live timers for that stuff? Nothing like seeing an item you really want on the BMAH, and you end up losing only because you don't have all day to camp, and then you come back is well under what you think is the timer (it said between 2-12 hours, but you can't possibly know) only to find it gone.

Literally no real money real world online auctions work this way, they HAVE to show real time left on bidding because otherwise people will snipe the items from auctions by simply having the most time to sit there and wait while fewer or even no people bid on it.w
    It is the black market, it isn't the legit market. If a bid keeps on, the timer goes on. A little like when a private person auctions something of, if he/she sees interest, then we can extend a bit still.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    BMAH always seemed to be a flavor addition rather than an actual part of the game.

I imagine the reason why there’s no live timers is so people can’t snipe. You either out bid someone or don’t win. Where as if there was a live timer people just wouldn’t bid then snipe it at the last second, probably with an add on. Look at eBay and other auction websites, they’re plagued with snipers so not having a live timer means people actually have to bid and spend more gold. It’s a gold sink through and though so no timer = bigger gold sink

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad BMAH only contains shit.
    There are a few items i want on there and they only come once a year or so :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It is the black market, it isn't the legit market. If a bid keeps on, the timer goes on.
    Not what I'm saying man, that is how normal real life auctions work.

However, normal real life auctions are straight about when they are otherwise occurring and ending. I.e. they don't tell you "estimated time 2-12 hours", and it is ALL about the person with the most money winning what they want. BMAH would be fine if Blizzard was just straight forward and told us in the listing exactly how much time was left to bid. Losing out on something because some loser times it ruins the game. You're not supposed to be able to snipe things on BMAH, essentially because you can just sit there and not bid and wait people out until they get tired of looking at their screen it is in a sense exploitive.

However, normal real life auctions are straight about when they are otherwise occurring and ending. I.e. they don't tell you "estimated time 2-12 hours", and it is ALL about the person with the most money winning what they want. BMAH would be fine if Blizzard was just straight forward and told us in the listing exactly how much time was left to bid. Losing out on something because some loser times it ruins the game. You're not supposed to be able to snipe things on BMAH, essentially because you can just sit there and not bid and wait people out until they get tired of looking at their screen it is in a sense exploitive.
    That's how all auctions in WoW are. Short: less than 30 minutes, Medium: 30 minutes to 2 hours, Long: 2-12 hours, Very Long: longer than 12 hours. That's how they've been for as long as I've been playing. There's just no buyout on the BMAH.

Black Market Auction House.
    It's not regulated. It's meant to basically favour the person that can net the house more cash.
    Will someone come along and offer more? They're basically corrupt. They're not an institution.

That's the idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    It's not regulated. It's meant to basically favour the person that can net the house more cash.
    Will someone come along and offer more? They're basically corrupt. They're not an institution.

That's the idea.
    Pretty much this.

It's a Black market auction house.

It's also a wow auction house. Not a real life one.

10+ Year Old Account
    As many people have already mentioned it is the purpose of the BLACK MARKET Auction House.
    It's mean to be janky and suspicious as fuck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post

That's the idea.
    This is what I was trying to say.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Never had an issue with it and i've used it quite a bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.