Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Does MM really need a remake?

Im not that deep into MM this expansion but I still have played it a lot but just not at the highest levels
    I think its good and enjoyable to play in Legion with the one exception is the "RNG procing marked targets" mechanic that is annoying
    But to fix that you dont have to remake everything else that IS working with it...

Am I missing something here?
    What does the experienced MM players think?

7+ Year Old Account
    The current state of MM is fine for me. It's a challenge to make the 'turret build' work well with lots of movement (like the portal boss). Timing your aimed shot to the last second is also part of it. I think some people who dislike the vulnerable mechanic just aren't good at it, but I can understand where they're coming from since WoD's MM was more 'fun' (and easier). PS Marked shot procs are in ample supply, I rarely have to resort to aimed shots to prevent focus capping.

To be completely frank, the meme build was the build I started out with, even when Trick Shot was the to-go talent. It felt great making piercing shot work and seeing your explosive shot projectile move like a torpedo and do massive damage. It was best to just be in melee range and double tab, but it was more fun launching it from a distance. In my ideal world this talent will do more damage the more distance you have between you and your target and deem it a skillshot.

The new changes for BFA do look interesting and can't wait to play around with it. No legendaries, no Tier sets, no artifact weapon, ahh it feels like a fresh start with an even playing ground for everyone. Seeing a weapon drop will have meaning again.

BFA MM Talent Calculator

the closer to MoP or WoD playstyle the better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    the closer to MoP or WoD playstyle the better.
    Sorry but I like actual depth and difficulty to specs. Keep BM as the retard mode spec it's always been, leave mm with complexity and immobility.

And please don't make us super mobile again. It doesn't keep up with the theme of a marksman and again lowers the skill cap massively.

Definitely a subject with many differing opinions. I personally feel like vulnerable is a great mechanic, and the interaction with patient sniper to do more damage the later in the cycle it is really makes what would otherwise be a dull "rotation" feel engaging, which I like. Didn't play hunter in MoP or WoD so I can't comment on preference there, but I will say if BM and an MM spec without vulnerable were the current options for ranged hunters, it would be a very unappealing class to maintain, at least for me.

I like current MM, I liked old MM, and I think I'll like new one too. Spells look fun still, and we get a bit more mobility. Only thing I'm sad about is the loss of arcane shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbernator View Post
    Sorry but I like actual depth and difficulty to specs. Keep BM as the retard mode spec it's always been, leave mm with complexity and immobility.

And please don't make us super mobile again. It doesn't keep up with the theme of a marksman and again lowers the skill cap massively.
    its not even complex lmao its boring

There's no room to experiment in MM when you consider the situation with the other specs. A large number of players hate the current MM, BM is burdened by pet AI and low damage, and survival is melee. Hunters need a viable and comfortable ranged option.

I dont care if they overhaul it or not, but what I do not want is for them to make it mobile and put a damage penalty. Just make it competitive on top 3 ST. Change it all they want, learning a spec takes 10 mins tops, and after a raid or two you can pretty much do it optimally without even thinking about it and focus on boss events/timers.
    Last edited by Yizu; 2018-02-11 at 07:12 AM.

Deleted
    Am I the only one missing Cataclysm MM Hunter? Chimaera Shot, Serpent Sting, Kill Shot... oh man those were the good days.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes MM as of now is too RNG
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    wut RNG? you really think that mm have too much rng? if that is yes, you dont play much mm to say that

Just make it what it was in WoD
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    All classes are IMO. It's called World of RNG this expac.

BTT: It's not hard at all. It's tedious / boring. I actually preferred SV during Pandaria, it was wonderful. Loved the Explo proccs and all those extra buttons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keygy View Post
    wut RNG? you really think that mm have too much rng? if that is yes, you dont play much mm to say that
    honey yes it is...and i play MM since ever. Crit and artifact procs are everything.
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Vulnerable , for me , is a really boring mechanic to focus on . Cata MM was the best ,u had movility and a hard hit skill.
    The mobile caster hunter is the best imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    its not even complex lmao its boring
    This. I used to play my hunter every expansion, boring as hell this time around, haven't played her in over a year... I miss pre-Legion survival the most, was hoping MM would be fun, it wasn't.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    I don't necessarily think it needs a rework, but I'd like to see some new animations for the updated spell effects.

It looks kind of stale when it's just the same animations over and over, and they don't work super well when you add spells into the mix.

It would be kind of neat if guns, crossbows, and bows all had different playstyles.

The bow could shoot quickly and allow the player to move while casting

The crossbow could shoot slowly and the player would be immobile while casting

That leaves the gun, which could maybe be a blunderbuss kind of thing? Short-medium range weapon good for AOE damage due to spread

Just spitballing
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2018-02-11 at 08:38 PM.

Dunno if it needs one, but I'd certainly love to see it remade. Current MM might be complex, with quite high skill ceiling and such, but doesn't have the "feel" of WoD MM, where every shot you did packed quite a punch. Changing the spec to Colossus Smash proc heaven certainly made it feel completly different, but feeling hunter-ish for me. Yeah, it was simpler in WoD, but if difficulty was the benchmark of a good spec everyone would be playing SV hunter and Demo lock right now.

Hunters right now are a fucking snoozefest.

~Hunter for 10 years.