Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Wanna swap? You can have our lazily-done Night Elf rip offs and cow men in exchange for Void Elves and Light Goats.

Alliance got the better deal here, the only decent Horde Allied race is Zandalari.

Keep the disgusting furries though. If you even get them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxzar View Post
    Really. The most played allied race ingame is currently by far void elves.
    Not by me. I started leveling a HMT druid first. Love the moose travel form! :3

Anyway, don't care about Vulpera. I am very excited about the Zandalari, though. Wanna play a voodoo priestess and another druid just because raptor form!

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Dark Iron getting one of the best racials in the game IMO. I dig them.
    Because of the mole machine?

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Vulpera are not playable. There's even an official Blue post responding to someone thinking they are:

"As we mentioned when race information for Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves was datamined during development of Patch 7.3, we’ve found that setting up certain races as though they were player characters can be highly advantageous for NPC customization in story content. While those races did become Allied Races later, we still intend to use this approach for non-playable races.

Please don’t take a race being datamined in this way as an indication that it will become playable in the future!"

Link
    They said literally the same thing about Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei too when they were datamined, so if precedent is anything, the furry bait will be playable.

EDIT: And if they're Horde I'm joining a PVP server to camp the fuckers just out of principle.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Horde are probably getting vulpera but it'd be neat if both islands hand different colored variants and we could both befriend them I think it'd be like a cooler way to handle the panda situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Yeah, a flaming mop on your face is clearly hot. Not. On a beer bellied, balding midget with a potato for a nose and wrinkles all over his face.

Sometimes the legally blind ought to be restricted on expressing their views as to what's attractive.
    I'm sorry but this is too funny Lucrece! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    ..I'll trade you the Zandalari... honestly the very idea of having to sit in Aztec like architecture for two years already has me like 'uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh'
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dravec View Post
    I hope the Alliance get the stupid furdouches.

Sethrak would fit the Horde so much better than a lame ass furry fetish race.
    Except they wouldn't. Sethrak hate the Zandalari and are at war with them. With the Horde rolling out the red carpet for the Zandalari there is no way they would join as well.

As much as I'd like to see them join the Alliance, with the pretty piss poor minimal effort shown so far for Alliance allied races I am not exactly holding my breath for them coming here either sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    They said literally the same thing about Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei too when they were datamined, so if precedent is anything, the furry bait will be playable.

EDIT: And if they're Horde I'm joining a PVP server to camp the fuckers just out of principle.
    There aren't going to be anymore PvP servers in BfA. Just Normal and RP servers with the option to flag for PvP in a city or some such place.

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    Except they wouldn't. Sethrak hate the Zandalari and are at war with them. With the Horde rolling out the red carpet for the Zandalari there is no way they would join as well.

As much as I'd like to see them join the Alliance, with the pretty piss poor minimal effort shown so far for Alliance allied races I am not exactly holding my breath for them coming here either sadly.
    Trolls also hate Elves, yet we still have them both in the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    I feel compelled to identify myself as being outside of this dichotomy you've presented. I almost exclusively play Night Elves (whose backstories are "soft RP'd" as almost always being either favorable towards, or even members of, the Highborne NE's), and yet I don't think there is much anybody could do or say to convince me to play a Nightborne.

As I see it, they don't actually exude the awe-inspiring grandeur that the various books (especially Warcraft Chronicles) on the period detail. Instead, they present as shallow and imitative.

On the other end of things, I almost never play Blood Elves if there is another option and yet find myself drawn to Void Elves like a moth to flame. Though, admittedly, this is likely because I'm an Alliance-biased POS... still.
    Fascinating! I'd love you to expand on this.

I felt that people who loved blood elves would love void elves, while those who loved high elves would be less favourable towards them. I have little to no interest in void elves. I also felt those who loved night elves, especially the highborne night elf lore/fantasy/history and aspect of that race would love nightborne, as I do. Quite interested to see why you do not.

I mean physically, nightborne are a bit uglier than night elf, but Suramar is night elf through and through, and the nightborne culture is night elf pre-sundering, but the one around the invasion of the legion, not the purer incarnation when they weren't addicted to the arcane but were masters of it - that's when that lot built SUramar, cities like that working in concert with Ancient (tree) druids and highborne mages - that side of the highborne, before the addiction is what we see glimpse of with Farondis, Evenshade and Estulan, - it is this nobility that endures in Thalyssra and Lunastre, though not every nightborne is like that at all.

But Shal'dorei culture is pre-sundering kaldorei culture during the burning legion invasion. IT is sexactly built about the description of Suramar in WotA, when the highborne were deep in the thralls of addiction. I sometimes thing that this is the main way they can distinguish between highborne night elves and night elves - given they are both heavily arcane, the highborne unlike the nightborne, have actually been in the world and lived the wonders of the what the Well of Eternity powered, they have that deep sense of loss, and look of sadness at a world far less than the one they were part of, night elves tend to have that feel. Furthermore, the shen'dralar group and the FArondis highborne we meet in game are far more noble than the usual portrayal of highborne, my conclusion is that they are modelled more after a time when the highborne hadn't gottne so corrupt (Farondis) and in the case of the shen'dralar humbled by their experience.

This should be the nightborne too, humbled, but the nightborne have an air of excitement, not sadness of having lived in a world and experience so much suffering or "less" of what they're use to. THey've been walled up in the city with all the comforts and conveniences, so much so they almost give ni to the legion to keep those comforts. For them, it really is the night elf empire without the trauma of the sundering or 10,000 years living in ruins. THey didn't experience the same type of loss as kaldorei and quel'dorei night elves did. Fort hem, it's finally we can spread our wings out and fly, bring kaldorei civilization of the pre-sundering era (now called shal'dorei) civilization forward.. night elves are differnet, even though the highborne seek to restore the likes of Eldre'thalas to its former glory , it's not the same. At least it wasn't up till the legion's defeat. With the legion's defeat, teh whole outlook of the night elves should change, no longer dour faced, sombre, with pall of their arrogance reminding them and keeping them hesistant. It should bring a liberation and an energy - but one for harmony and balance, arcane, nature, divine like it was at the birth of their empire, but with the lessons learned

Also being alliance, they should be a bit more goody goody two shoes, like FArondis is, rather than the more pragmmatic like Lor'themar/Lunastre.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Dark Iron getting one of the best racials in the game IMO. I dig them.
    How are they best? They look pretty meh to me. 100 primary stat for each debuff type is incredibly minor and situational, even the regular dwarf's stoneform looks better. Mole machine is most likely just another hearthstone.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Mantisfactory View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that Vulpera are being created to be the Gnomes of the Horde.
    Aren't goblins the gnomes of the Horde?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Aren't goblins the gnomes of the Horde?
    Its about horde getting 2nd short-leg race .to be on par with dwarf+gnome duo
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by gioderpington View Post
    The fox people are on the kultiras isles, alliance.
    The snake people are the zandalar isles race I think...
    Idk how people can be this misinformed. I mean, you have obviously seen footage from BfA since you know about the two races at all... Yet you somehow decided that Vulpera is on Kul'tiras and that they will be working with the Alliance. No, they are a faction that the Horde will be working with (and if they potentially become an Allied Race, they will be joining the Horde. It isn't even up for debate).

And the fact that you bothered to post a comment is even worse. Like, if you actually don't know, why do you spread misinformation? When all it takes is 5 seconds to do a google search and see that Vulpera are only friendly to the Horde.There is nothing to "think" about it, it's a fact.

And while my comment might sound rude, it is not meant as an attack towards you. Your comment just happened to be number 100 comment about Vulpera joining the Alliance that I've seen recently. I'm amazed by the number of people who would rather waste theirs and everyone's time by posting a misinformed comment when they could instead spend that time informing themselves.

OT: All the Allied Races are reskins to some extent. That's why they are "Allied Races" not just "Races". Some, like the female Nightborne and male Zandalari do have a different posture from their non-"Allied Race" counterpart, but the animations are mostly the same. And I think all of them are cool. So let's cut the whining crap and enjoy the game, thank you.

It made so much sense for the Nightborne to be a neutral race. Half their society are elitist snobbery akin with the Blood Elves - prideful, unpunished and complicit with Elisande in their quest for power. The other half- many that went through the withering process and survived, had their eyes opened by the hope of nature and the auchindor, aligning themselves with the nightelves.

After all that, for Thalissra to still be a prideful bitch is reproachable. It's an insult to herself and all the people following her. I'm hoping to see the Nightborne learn the hard way in BfA. They're going to be a tool used by Sylvannas to attack the Nightelves and seal their division.

Blizz, opting for the crazy drama tragedy where it makes no sense, over the simple answer of what all players want. Does it stir the Horde-Alliance pot? Sure, but not in a good way at all. Nix the void elves... Nightborne neutral, Highmountain Horde, Light Forged Ally. Makes sense.

Also, the Highmountain unlock quest was fantastic. Void Elf one not so much.

5+ Year Old Account
    They not gona do any "neutral" races anymore, pandarens were experiment and its failed, most off pvp-players dazzed about it - EACH time you see panda - you think is it enemy? or some guy from my fraction and you wasting 2-5 sec to look at HUD.
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen more love for Void Elves than Nightborne tbh. They seem more polished.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I don't understand your complaint here?
    For one you're wrong about the Nightbourne not looking like NE, they are literally the same model (the same way VE/BE are the same). Highmountain Tauren are Tauren with different horns/antlers. ALL the allied races are basically just slightly different versions of already existing races. If you don't like the alliances ones then go find a guild on horde and stop complaining? I don't know.

5+ Year Old Account
    cool races join Horde? hell yeah (ho ho ho)