Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    The most fun I've had in LFR was arguing with a 950 DH.

To set the stage......a Sunday morning dicking around on my hunter. Horrible gear and the worst lego you can have for a hunter. I figure well I've got the quest for the ring might as well que up kill the morning waiting. Que pops and it was horrible tank city for about 4 pulls on the 1st boss. We went through 5 tanks and 7 healers and we had the best conversion and fun in chat waiting for different tank/healers. So finally we get to unmaker and wipe the 1st 2 time. Most of us knew people were learning the fights so it was what it was.

Some DPS leave and said DH joins. Well we wipe on the 3rd attempt and he starts screaming KILL ALL LOW DPS!! I'm like dude calm down it's LFR on a Sunday....this is the best the system has to offer. He starts in on how I shouldn't even be there because my DPS sucks and everything and how his hunter can pull 1 mil naked in Mythic or some such crap. I told him that he was the one who shouldn't be here in 950 gear. That he should be doing mythic or whatever it was and to get out of OUR TIER. I've never seen so many LOLs in chat before.

People were whispering me that he started a vote to kick on me. It didn't pass and finally we got the healer we needed and the tanks pulled. He typed in /Yell the whole fight so he couldn't have been doing more than auto attack and hitting whatever lights up. We had the best time watching him rage about "bads" in LFR.
    This is a perfect example of LFR not being bad but the people who don't want to be there making it bad. If someone doesn't like LFR then don't do it and let those who do enjoy it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflpot View Post
    The LFR is designed for people like this surely. Join a proper guild if you want coordination.
    You don't need coordination to deal damage. Hitting berserk in LFR is horrible. Seeing dps not even doing more than 300k dps, I did that at the start of legion FFS. Blizzard just doesn't learn, its happened in the past and it was god awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    If you are a good player with some dedication, you can level without LFR very easily. No need to ever do it.

But yeah, it should be removed from the game. I mean, most people in LFR are indescribeably stupid and I get a shock every time. I mean, I don't wanna sound to mean, but I can't understand how most people in LFR even managed to log into the game, start their computer or even like breathe irl. It's both sad and fascinating at the same time how people can be so bad.
    Not if your guild is progressing on M Argus for two weeks and extends raid lockout. Fuck doing an entire pug. I pug normal Argus and LFR the mission table.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    This is not a problem with boosted characters. It's a problem with garbage players. Don't blame the game for the bad habits of the community.

Although to be fair, boosted characters should probably be forced to go through the combat training that you do with a class trial before playing.
    Well, I think the point he's making (and something he didn't state) is that a lot of these boosted characters ARE garbage players. Either new players getting convinced to come play BfA with their friends, or returning players who never bother to actually play the game for long enough to understand how to play a character/gear up for LFR.

I makes sense to me to require some amount of gameplay at 110 first before allowing people to jump right into LFR.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2018-02-12 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Well, I think the point he's making (and something he didn't state) is that a lot of these boosted characters ARE garbage players. Either new players getting convinced to come play BfA with their friends, or returning players who never bother to actually play the game for long enough to understand how to play a character/gear up for LFR.

I makes sense to me to require some amount of gameplay at 110 first before allowing people to jump right into LFR.
    Right, and there are ways for the game itself to assist with that. Which is why I suggested forcing boosted characters to undergo the combat training scenario. It's not much, but it would at least get some of the basics looked at before a person drops into max level.

Deleted
    If the average DPS is 700k in LFR, DPS is definitely not what causes wipes there.