Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Good question, the administration did seem to release a list for possible future sanctions, but it hasn't met the deadline yet.
    They're waiting for the next issue of Forbes to do the work for them.

Speaking of which, here's Forbes explaining why Trump won't touch Russian securities and bonds. I'm not really aware of the differences between the two terms, but Forbes published two articles three days apart, so I assume there's some reasoning behind that difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good question, the administration did seem to release a list for possible future sanctions, but it hasn't met the deadline yet. Who knows, maybe they are in the process of sanctioning people, but haven't completed it yet?
    Or maybe Trump still wants a trade deal with Russia and doesn't want to mess anything up until its in place, you'll have to ask him.
    Congress passed sanctions... both democrats and republicans agreed on them. Trump signed the sanctions, but is not enforcing them. The only trade with Russia that is currently being brought up, involving Trump, is the Trump Tower that he was discussing in 2013 in Russia. There is nothing congress or the US government, needs to trade with Russia. They are the 30th most traded country of US.

Why should I ask him? You think if I had the ability to ask Trump, I should trust him to tell me the truth? You seem to know enough of what Russia and Trump is doing in their collusion. Yet, you need me to read Trump’s mind to know why he isn’t enforcing sanctions on Russia?

I gave you a link of Russian spies being kicked out of US in 2010, one of the big events to influence the sanctions under Obama. Spies that were doing the very thing that the Russian government is accused of doing in Russia, while Trump was there meeting them in 2013. So... while you trust Trump and no one else, but Trump... feel free to wonder why Russia was the one to put in place a no fly zone in Syria, when Trump derided Hillary for suggesting US does it. Feel free to wonder why Trump isn’t enforcing sanctions. Pretend it’s a mystery why Russian twitter accounts spiked during Nunes memo build up, but are none existent in the DNC memo release. It should be easier than Trump pretending he doesn’t know what the world relationship means, after his 3 years of boasting about having a relationship with Putin.

You know what a much better excuse is for Trump? The fact that he has never held office in his life, nor has ever had any education in the field. To the point that he didn’t know what his staff was doing us wrong, going as far as asking Russian trolls to hack DNC at a rally... as a joke... kind of like how Trump jr released the text exchange he had in meeting Russians, because he doesn’t know there was anything wrong there. Enough to know he shouldn’t list it on his security clearances, but not enough to keep his mouth shut.

See... I do agree with Trumpsters on one thing. Trump didn’t think what his staff was doing was illegal. The problem was the same thing everyone called out before he won the election. Trump is incompetent, his competence was never the reason to vote for him. He was there to stop Hillary, by any means necessary... any means...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    They're waiting for the next issue of Forbes to do the work for them.

Speaking of which, here's Forbes explaining why Trump won't touch Russian securities and bonds. I'm not really aware of the differences between the two terms, but Forbes published two articles three days apart, so I assume there's some reasoning behind that difference.
    It pisses me off to no end when people like Shackler defend Manafort, as working for Ukraine, not Russia. The reason Ukraine had the revolution, is because Russia owned Ukrainian government. It’s like suing someone who got robbed, because a thief was reselling what they stole.

Over the last three months, Washington, D.C. think tanks like The Atlantic Council have been compiling a list of men they believe have benefited from the war in East Ukraine. Others think tanks have taken to targeting the entire family members of oligarchs with close ties to Vladimir Putin, like Arkady Rotenburg.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I note that at no point did he text back "I love it!".

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It pisses me off to no end when people like Shackler defend Manafort, as working for Ukraine, not Russia. The reason Ukraine had the revolution, is because Russia owned Ukrainian government. It’s like suing someone who got robbed, because a thief was reselling what they stole.
    I always laugh when he uses the old "it's Ukraine, not Russia" excuse, like anyone who knows anything about the world is going to fall for that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    I mean switch treason with murder and you're basically aruging that if I tried to kill you but didn't succeed I didn't commit a crime........ And the further issue with your statement is there is very distinct evidence based on the little we know it's quite possible treason/collusion occured. There was certainly enough information for a REPUBLICAN congress to create a Special consul lead by a life long Republican with a history of serving both parties fairly and excellently. Who by the way got praised by your side at first and then smeared and drug through the mud the second it looked like he might be finding things. That's with a fraction of the facts that Mueller and even if they were too stupid to get the information the fact that they tried to would still be a crime.

And secondly even if they tried to and failed or didn't try to at all Trump's own dumbassary is getting him investigated for obstruction. So basically that makes him even more stupid for trying to protect his buddies who didn't actually do anything put him under scrutiny for a seperate crime.

And you linked the Daily caller, nice. You are aware Steele's track record is overwhelmingly positive right? Let's pretend you're right, even though you're not, and the Steele Dossier is pure trash. That's not the only reason Trump is under investigation. Your own "side's" damn memo outright contradicts you there.
    Your example doesn't jibe, instead it would be like saying a few members Trump's team met with a group of people under the assumption of discussing something, and the other side backed out. Nothing actually happened, and therefore there wasn't any crime actually committed.

The only reason why Mueler was appointed is because some cowardly republicans just wanted to ensure their seats in 2018. So that's why they met with Rosenstein and decided to appoint Mueler as special counsel just to look into the possibility of collusion or other sinister activities. This would ensure the republicans can say they have cleaned house and found nothing. So far, after almost 2 years of investigating, Mueler has 0 evidence for collusion. He was able to get Flynn in a perjury trap, and a few others simply because they weren't smart enough to bring a lawyer to their questioning.

Your example doesn't jibe, instead it would be like saying a few members Trump's team met with a group of people under the assumption of discussing something, and the other side backed out. Nothing actually happened, and therefore there wasn't any crime actually committed.

The only reason why Mueler was appointed is because some cowardly republicans just wanted to ensure their seats in 2018. So that's why they met with Rosenstein and decided to appoint Mueler as special counsel just to look into the possibility of collusion or other sinister activities. This would ensure the republicans can say they have cleaned house and found nothing. So far, after almost 2 years of investigating, Mueler has 0 evidence for collusion. He was able to get Flynn in a perjury trap, and a few others simply because they weren't smart enough to bring a lawyer to their questioning.
    2 years? Mueller was appointed special counsel in May 2017, it hasn't even been a year and Mueller has gotten multiple indictments and convictions since investigating the Trump campaign and he is still working.

I love how you call them cowardly since the Republicans did the fucking right this by getting a non partisan special counsel to investigate these charges. I know you Trumpkins and your God Emperor Trump have wet dreams of living in an Authoritarian dictatorship like Russia and North Korea but in the real world and a country with actual Democracy we should question the leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.

Hmm, basic facts wrong. Check.
    Unfounded allegations past as fact. Check.
    Inability to do basic math. Check.
    Non-sequiturs passed off as a logical process. Check.

Congratulations, you are ready to become a certified political troll!

First of all, what you described in your first paragraph is known as criminal intent. It is a crime.

Secondly, what republicans are you referring too in particular? You are referencing a meeting with Rosenstein, but this was before Sessions recused himself, it doesn't make sense. So people you can't name met with somebody that wasn't in charge to convince him to look for nothing?
    Thirdly, your own allegation claims that the Mueller investigation was rigged by republicans specifically to find nothing. Mueller seems to be doing a spectacularly bad job of finding nothing.
    Fourth. Mueller was appointed on May 17, 2017. It is currently February 11, 2018. 10 months does not equal "almost two years" in any reasonable description. I will grant it feels like it though.
    Fifth. A perjury trap isn't a real thing. Flynn lied to the FBI about the subject of the investigation.
    Sixth. Didn't you just say Republicans set up the Mueller investigation specifically so they could say they cleaned house and found nothing? That was two sentences ago, we are you now claiming Mueller is trying to trap people in silly ways?

Wrong. There are 2 indictments and 2 guilty pleas that show you are wrong. Just because YOU haven't seen the evidence that Mueller has, doesn't mean he has zero evidence to show for it. It isn't our fault that you are living in the bubble of ignorance.

Trump defender doesn't know the difference between evidence and proof, take #1 million.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Trump defender doesn't know the difference between evidence and proof, take #1 million.
    Both are irrelevant to the word of Trump. Trump can come out and say he is guilty... then finish off with a... ‘so, what?’... then go on his merry way just like any other scandal. Nothing sticks to him... republicans will not impeach him... his support will not waver and people will forget in a year.

Do you think a single person that even remotely defends him now, will waver if this is true?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

It jibes just fine because the evidence doesn't pointing to them backing out and guess what if I put a knife to your throat and decide in the end to not kill you it's still a fucking crime.

You have zero idea what Mueller has. Let's just say the guy who busted open watergate thinks you're a moron.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    It jibes just fine because the evidence doesn't pointing to them backing out and guess what if I put a knife to your throat and decide in the end to not kill you it's still a fucking crime.

You have zero idea what Mueller has. Let's just say the guy who busted open watergate thinks you're a moron.
    Well you got to remember that the guys he/she most likely listens to as the gospel, Hannity, Fox&Friends, Alex Jones, all they were talking about was how the Nunes Memo proved that the Mueller Investigation is like a bajillion times worst then Watergate. So because those people said so Trump is free and clear and the Hillary controlled shadow government and deep state is totally going down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Also that we have no real idea what evidence Mueller's collected, and won't until the charges are laid and the cases go to court. Because prosecutors do not reveal their body of evidence, particularly when there's an ongoing investigation, other than as discovery to the opponent's legal team, once charges are filed and a schedule for such is established.

Pulling the "there's no evidence of collusion" is just straight-up willful ignorance. Especially since they get to play the stupid game where "collusion" isn't actually a legal term, so there can't be specific legal evidence of it, in the same way there can't be legal evidence of stabbification. But that doesn't mean you get to walk if you stabbed a dude to death, it just means the media's using a colorful term rather than the broad spectrum of possible legal charges.