Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Okay, I did some research. According to Alex Afrasiabi's Twitter ( https://twitter.com/Alex_Afrasiabi/s...87858604802048 ) BFA takes place in 33.
    Wrath of the Lich King took place in 28, with the Cataclysm soon after. Legion is set four years after that, as mentioned by Magni and the Frostmourne questline.
    As such, Legion would take place around 32 and 33, meaning that the warpath did indeed happen very soon after and that there is very little time between the Legion's defeat and the scenario we are talking about here.

Of course, all of that only applies if Blizz did not retcon stuff again without telling us. Which video exactly do you mean? I don't recall this specific a mention in the one where Jaina talks while Teldrassil burns.
    Could have sworn I heard four years in the Features video presented on the frontpage of the BfA website, but it's not there anymore. Maybe it's my mistake, especially if Afrasiabi says it's in 33.

Well that kind of excuses Alleria, but it makes the faction war even stupider if we start murdering each other again mere months after a cataclysmic Legion invasion.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Every time I think about Alleria and what she should realisiticly be doing and that she isn't doing, it makes my head spin. She knows about Dar'khan, but doesn't bother to ask why the Blood elves are in the Horde? Does she know what happened to Kael? Does she know her sister died defending Quel'thalas? Does she know the whole mana siphoning incident etc?

Hopefully this is covered in a book atleast, right now she comes off as a bit of a moron being so seemingly ignorant about so many things.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Every time I think about Alleria and what she should realisiticly be doing and that she isn't doing, it makes my head spin. She knows about Dar'khan, but doesn't bother to ask why the Blood elves are in the Horde? Does she know what happened to Kael? Does she know her sister died defending Quel'thalas? Does she know the whole mana siphoning incident etc?

Hopefully this is covered in a book atleast, right now she comes off as a bit of a moron being so seemingly ignorant about so many things.
    At this point I'm just assuming she's going along the lines of "Vereesa is my sister so I have to trust her 110%."

Oh damn I forgot that.

So she somehow knows about Dar'khan, but doesnt know about anything else?

Maybe's she's just boot lick to Anduin now. Or maybe she is just arrogant to an extreme (which is far more likely, and so far has been fairly consistently been her default personality type)
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

5+ Year Old Account
    Elves are the most pathetic races of Azeroth.

They should've never been invented.

Trolls, why these descendants be trippin' and not as great?

7+ Year Old Account
    Every time I think about Alleria and what she should realisiticly be doing and that she isn't doing, it makes my head spin. She knows about Dar'khan, but doesn't bother to ask why the Blood elves are in the Horde?
    Well BELFs joined Horde because they idiots. Yea i know NELFs were hostile and cautions towards them back in TBC but they had reasons. Hell whole Alliance had reasons. Instead of trying to make things clear with Alliance (since it was in BELFs interests to join strong faction so they could get help) they jumped in boat with ex Scourge and barbarian mongrels. Really it was stupid.

Does she know what happened to Kael?
    I will remind Garithos have nothing to do with current Alliance. Even more - Kael was idiot for jumping to Naga and Illidan side back in W3 TFT. He could easily pull out his troops under Garithos jurisdiction and come back to Silvermoon.

Does she know her sister died defending Quel'thalas?
    And? Yea its sad story but only Sylvanas responsible for what she did after breaking mind control from Lich King. I will remind Sylvanas was acting no better towards BELFs. She even blackmailed Lor'Themar so he will send more BELFs in Northrend for sake of her vengeance.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Well BELFs joined Horde because they idiots. Yea i know NELFs were hostile and cautions towards them back in TBC but they had reasons. Hell whole Alliance had reasons. Instead of trying to make things clear with Alliance (since it was in BELFs interests to join strong faction so they could get help) they jumped in boat with ex Scourge and barbarian mongrels. Really it was stupid.
    Only you would make this argument and think it strong or sensible.

I will remind Garithos have nothing to do with current Alliance. Even more - Kael was idiot for jumping to Naga and Illidan side back in W3 TFT. He could easily pull out his troops under Garithos jurisdiction and come back to Silvermoon.
    Holy fuck you really don't know your lore do you?

And? Yea its sad story but only Sylvanas responsible for what she did after breaking mind control from Lich King. I will remind Sylvanas was acting no better towards BELFs. She even blackmailed Lor'Themar so he will send more BELFs in Northrend for sake of her vengeance.
    Her blackmail wasn't so as much blackmail as it was stating facts, the Horde was going to Northrend, if they didn't help the Horde in Northrend the Horde wouldn't help them in the Ghostlands.

And yea, even then Sylvanas treated them better than the Alliance had.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Wow, you really do not know the lore at all do you?

Nelfs were openly invading and attacking them. Alliance's ONLY reason was that the Nelves said they had to be taken out.

They joined the horde because the Alliance had just betrayed them the second time in 5 years. Sabotaging a defense sanctum that are imperative to the survival of their race. While Sylvanas sent help and asked for nothing in return. If I was in that situation I would be joining the horde.

Well hello mister "My view on lore is superior to Blizzard who have right to say what they want about lore and it will be word of god.".

Today's alliance as stated by Blizzard (who could say tomorrow that the sun in wow is made of naked cheerleaders and in lore the sun would be made of naked cheerleaders) as the same alliance formed in the build up towards the second war. The Alliance of Lordaeron, in which Garithos was the leader of it. Also the reason why Kael joined up with the Naga and Illidan is because Garithos ordered Kael's forces to go on a suicide mission with no tactical or strategical gains to be had from it. He was a racist idiot who wanted the elves to die.

The Naga and Illidan simply put turned up and helped out. Again asking nothing in return. Meanwhile winning the battle for Kael'thas he wasn't given a reward, he was ordered to be executed along with all of his blood elves. Also at this time humans have never met the Naga so the reason Garithos went mad was again because of his racist views on non human races.

It wasn't blackmail it was a reminder of Lor'themar's and the Blood Elves obligations towards the horde. She was actually relaying orders given to her from Thrall who stated all horde armies are to go to Northrend. This included the blood elves and Forsaken. If Blood Elves didn't go that would mean by and large they had decided to leave the horde and no longer be under horde protection.

It would be like leaving NATO and expect NATO to still come rushing to help when you're under threat. It wouldn't happen unless it was in their interest and you'd be expected to pay for it.

I don't understand this mentality. Why would you stick around with people who treat you like dirt?

Yet they're idiots for joining those who don't?

Assbackward logic if you ask me.

Well BELFs joined Horde because they idiots.
    Yeah it's a fools move to join up with the group with the biggest guns who's also your neighbor and not immediately trying to kill you just so you can buddy up with the group half a world a way.

edit:

also thr NE pov for Blood elves in TBC was how they SHOULD have been treating EVERYONE. But they got shoved into the alliance due to the Archimonde fight for some reason. Ignoring the fact that there were elven forces among the ranks of the humans (i want to say the caster units weren't all human).... it seems the handling of Archimonde was enough to make some of the groups present get better treatment than others for poorly explained reasons.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2018-02-12 at 04:07 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well let me explain.

Back in W3 TFT thanks to Kael'Thas idiocy blood elves were known for allying with Naga and Illidan who were direct enemies of Night Elves. They also were known for working for Burning Legion.

NELFs never invaded blood elves back in TBC. At max it could counts as combat recon.

So instead of making things clear and ACTUALLY trying to achieve justices for their own people considering Alliance actions BELF ruling part jumping in boat with first who offered them FREE help. We all know free help can be only in mouse traps. Basically BELF ruling part making the same fucking mistake that made Kael'Thas (Illidan used BELFs addiction problem to manipulate them to joining to him).

And this decision bites BELFs in ass in WoTLK when Sylvanas blackmailing them and in MoP when Garrosh going nutz.

Basically all BELF history is whining and bitching how world cruel to them and instead working out problems they jumping in boat to whoever offer them candy life.

Kael'Thas/Illidan - Lor'Themar/Sylvanas - Lor'Themar/Varian. See?

Today's alliance as stated by Blizzard (who could say tomorrow that the sun in wow is made of naked cheerleaders and in lore the sun would be made of naked cheerleaders) as the same alliance formed in the build up towards the second war.
    You wanna check your source. Alliance of Lordaeron and Alliance (that started existing AFTER W3 TFT during start of WoW) are different things.

Well let me explain.

Back in W3 TFT thanks to Kael'Thas idiocy blood elves were known for allying with Naga and Illidan who were direct enemies of Night Elves. They also were known for working for Burning Legion.
    You judge with hindsight but also seem to forget that they would have had to deal with a forsaken military at their doorstep if they didn't ally with the Forsaken. Garrosh would have had a campaign to paint the northern EK red with plans for Quel'thalas if it wasn't already in with the horde when he was in charge. Quel'thalas had already been sacked once by an undead army and probably figured it wouldn't be a good idea to have that threat around just because they could buddy up with Stormwind. The faction with arguably the smallest population.... they couldn't afford to attract unwanted attention and they already had hostiles looking at them.

you can deride the offered assistance as a trap, but they were forced into needing that assistance. The alliance has yet to display the ability to be everywhere to help their various parties at the drop of a hat (except in game where it's players doing most of the work tagged as nameless mercenaries)

Well let me explain.

NELFs never invaded blood elves back in TBC. At max it could counts as combat recon.

So instead of making things clear and ACTUALLY trying to achieve justices for their own people considering Alliance actions BELF ruling part jumping in boat with first who offered them FREE help. We all know free help can be only in mouse traps. Basically BELF ruling part making the same fucking mistake that made Kael'Thas (Illidan used BELFs addiction problem to manipulate them to joining to him).

And this decision bites BELFs in ass in WoTLK when Sylvanas blackmailing them and in MoP when Garrosh going nutz.

Basically all BELF history is whining and bitching how world cruel to them and instead working out problems they jumping in boat to whoever offer them candy life.

Kael'Thas/Illidan - Lor'Themar/Sylvanas - Lor'Themar/Varian. See?

You wanna check your source. Alliance of Lordaeron and Alliance (that started existing AFTER W3 TFT during start of WoW) are different things.
    Seems a lot of your argument hinges on whether or not the nelves invaded. Which they clearly did, and were actively sabotaging the Belves so they'd fall to the undead.

Please, stop. In this you're very clearly and unquestionably wrong. Not to mention seem to be glossing over how Garithos very openly tried to get them all killed. Alliance is in the wrong on this one on every level.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Forsaken offered aid, the Alliance offered spies.

Honestly this whole argument pretty much boils down Blood Elves in the Horde QQ. It's been over a decade get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Could have sworn I heard four years in the Features video presented on the frontpage of the BfA website, but it's not there anymore. Maybe it's my mistake, especially if Afrasiabi says it's in 33.

Well that kind of excuses Alleria, but it makes the faction war even stupider if we start murdering each other again mere months after a cataclysmic Legion invasion.
    Blizz tend to fuck up in their promo materials and even in-game cinematics quite regularly, I honestly think they mistake RL years for WoW years, which they then retcon via twitter

Just like DH cinematic and quests that say it's been 10 years since TBC, but a bit later Kosak says it's a mistake, so they had to fix quests, but couldn't do shit about cinematics and VOs because it's too late in production.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-02-12 at 05:27 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    You judge with hindsight but also seem to forget that they would have had to deal with a forsaken military at their doorstep if they didn't ally with the Forsaken. Garrosh would have had a campaign to paint the northern EK red with plans for Quel'thalas if it wasn't already in with the horde when he was in charge. Quel'thalas had already been sacked once by an undead army and probably figured it wouldn't be a good idea to have that threat around just because they could buddy up with Stormwind. The faction with arguably the smallest population.... they couldn't afford to attract unwanted attention and they already had hostiles looking at them.

you can deride the offered assistance as a trap, but they were forced into needing that assistance. The alliance has yet to display the ability to be everywhere to help their various parties at the drop of a hat (except in game where it's players doing most of the work tagged as nameless mercenaries)
    My main argument - BELFs running from their problems and instead of to solve them they jumping in first boat that offer them cookies.

This was in W3 TFT. It was in TBC. And it was in MoP.

With that attitude i say fuck them. Really. How Lor'Thremar even can bitching about boy king offer when he himself was ready to jump in Varian's boat when shit gets real back in MoP.

All your Horde helped BELFs and vice versa so they family and yada yada is bullshit. Lor'Themar and his gang was ready to switch sides without second though when Horde was in its darkest time. When Garrosh goes nutz and almost destroyed their faction from within.

So fuck BELFs. Keep them. I'm not bitching about it. I just can't understand how people can defend Lor'Themar about boy king rant and he mocking Alleria for picking Alliance side.

Hes not person who have right to say about such things as loyality.

My main argument - BELFs running from their problems and instead of to solve them they jumping in first boat that offer them cookies.

With that attitude i say fuck them. Really. How Lor'Thremar even can bitching about boy king offer when he himself was ready to jump in Varian's boat when shit gets real back in MoP.

All your Horde helped BELFs and vice versa so they family and yada yada is bullshit. Lor'Themar and his gang was ready to switch sides without second though when Horde was in its darkest time. When Garrosh goes nutz and almost destroyed their faction from within.

So fuck BELFs. Keep them. I'm not bitching about it. I just can't understand how people can defend Lor'Themar about boy king rant and he mocking Alleria for picking Alliance side.

Translation into english.

I have been proven wrong so I am going into a full crying rant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Translation into english.

I have been proven wrong so I am going into a full crying rant.
    And there we go - using personal insults when can't bear the truth.

Yeah... Back in MoP there wasn’t a single part of the Horde that weren’t seeking alternatives. Vol’jin was thinking of leaving in Shadows of the Horde. Baine was obviously considering doing something with Garrosh. Even Sylvanas apparently had deep hatred towards Garrosh to the point of her weighting all of her actions against him.
    It’s not surprising that Lor’themar wanted to leave, it’s just that he was the only Horde leader with a relatively clear way out of that shitty situation. At that point the Horde was torn down the very middle. To call it a family then is a clear mistake.

Also, Lor’themar does have a right to speak about loyalty. He never betrayed his nation. Unfortunately that cannot be said about Alleria.
    Last edited by Kwento; 2018-02-12 at 06:03 AM.